Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

The thing that's actually bugging me most about this is the loot vacuum.

If you break a stack of four boxes, you need to wait for the glowing things that drop to hit the ground.

And then walk over them.

If you could just smash and go, it'd flow so much better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Does the power level or actual level of the other characters affect the AI at all if you play solo?

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

I would argue it doesn't feel bad. It just feels fine. Mediocre? Average? It's a good baseline for comparing to other games.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Dan Didio posted:

They could stand to tighten up some of the animation work. I don't think that'll happen, though.

I bet if they tightened up the graphics on level 3 it'd be perfect.

Is there a reliable way to trigger the stagger bar for takedown? I find heavy attacks fill it faster but wasn't sure if there's a more reliable method.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

This answered a question I had, so here:

https://twitter.com/PlayAvengers/status/1294476664659832832?s=19

AI characters use skills you unlocked as that character and the gear equipped.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

For three minutes :D

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Raged posted:

Are their more types of enemies? Are you going to actually fight big name villains besides a cameo of Taskmaster(lol) and obviously Modok.

There is a large number of unrevealed enemy types in the Codex in the Beta, and there's a fair few already in the beta, so that doesn't worry me.

As for named villains, you fight Taskmaster and Abomination in the beta. Theres seven Codex slots for villains, too.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

Abomination and Taskmaster are fine but they feel like extremely safe choices, much like how the loving Shocker/Rhino have been in every single spiderman game in the last 15 years. No clue who else they're gonna put in for the remaining 6 or 7 supervillain slots sans MODOK but I'm willing to bet it's more along the lines of Crossbones than cool, weird poo poo like Graviton, The Hood, or Citizen V. Actually a Thunderbolts subplot would have been an extremely cool set of missions given that the game begins with the Avengers disassembled. A game where you then had to fight off the Thunderbolt replacements and find out who they were would have been neat.
They'll add Paste Pot Pete with Spiderman next year.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Hellburger99 posted:

Ultimate Alliance 3 was better than this, and it had roughly zero replay value.

I'll have to see how spongey bad guys are in Avengers, but the late game of MUA3 is utterly miserable, with regular bad guys taking far too little damage for no readily apparent reason. I used four heroes throughout so wasn't underleveled and I dropped it to Easy but bad guys still took ages to knock out.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Dan Didio posted:

I think it was either that terrible Thor game or that actually okay budget Captain America game, or the awesome Wolverine one.

I'd legit buy Capt America Asylum Knockoff or the Wolverine games again. They were awesome.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

BGrifter posted:

MUA3 is also a Switch exclusive thus its never dropped below $79.98 CAD in the over a year it’s been out. At least being a PS4 title means Avengers will be $20 within a few months.

https://psprices.com/region-ca/game/2828088/marvel-ultimate-alliance-3-the-black-order

Man I wish this was vaguely true in Ireland. Stuff that came out last Christmas ain't down to 20 euro yet. Hell, Red Dead 2 is 35 on sale on PSN...

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

Guess if I get it will be on PS4, though hopefully you can play single player without PS+, i am not really interested in playing with randos, and I suck too much to even think of playing with goons.

It definitely needs an Internet connection and a Square Enix account. Plus is only needed to actually play with peeps.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

RatHat posted:

I think you do need to connect online once at the start though.

The box art says Internet Required which suggests more than once, but we'll see soon enough i guess.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Thats a relief. I was worried I'd be half way through a boss fight and get "Your internet is off, back to the main menu, start over on that mission " nonsense at launch :D

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Anyone know from the Beta if it'll be possible to boost? I figure one of my friends won't be playing anywhere near as much as me, so it'd be nice to gear them up quickly.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Soonmot posted:

I didn't see any option to trade and you only get gear for the character you're playing

I meant more dragging an underpowered person into a high level mission to skip some gear levels.

Orv posted:

I don't know what 'endgame' gear looks like but it felt in the beta like gear was all but meaningless except for the power level, maybe that changes when you're suited out in genuinely powerful epics or whatever. The HARM room seemed pretty solid for levels and a couple of the repeatable missions seemed pretty solid for raining gear so I'm sure someone'll have a three times longer than it needs to be video on the subject in the first week or two.

Yeah, thats true. By the time they pick it up on Friday there'll be at least one guide on getting them up to speed.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

jabro posted:

The preorder doesn’t end when the preorder access starts. You have until the actual release date to preorder. At least that is how it is for every other game that has a preorder release.

Pretty much the only thing in the Deluxe is that you get it on Tuesday instead of Friday so its maybe not as worth the extra 30 euros if you buy it on Thursday

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Got my deluxe edition this morning, and the code jn the PS box is for their stupid Square Enix site. Which then tells me the code is invalid, and theres only email support for the moment as their live chats are down for months.

Why couldn't they have just used a PSN code like every single other developer on the drat console?

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Took me 12 hours to beat the campaign myself, and I now have the dumbest question. I joined a friends game and we did the HARM missions.

How do I get back into the Helicarrier to decode a Pattern? I see an option to go to the other place, but not the Chimera.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Campbell posted:

A 12-hour campaign combined with matchmaker/multiplayer issues makes it seem like there's not enough gameplay to warrant the pricetag at this point.

There is a significant amount of post game content, some gated behind levels twice that of the campaign progress. I delineated the two because the campaign is single player only. All other content is single player or coop.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

The cosmetic ingame vendor that uses Units to trade for emotes, nameplates and costumes appears to pull from the same pull of Pattern decode options. Given it doesnt seem to give you duplicates with Patterns, it seems like it would make sense to buy every nameplate you see at the vendor, so that the Patterns you decode are more valuable skins or emotes.

Dan Didio posted:

You hold square while hovering over the region on the War Table.

I found I need to be in the Initiative section, not the Reassemble section to be able to travel between outposts. Its weird.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Side note for anyone grabbing it today: do the first Ivonic mission in each character's chain when they unlock. Not only are they fun, the next step is invariably a checklist of things to do as that character, and you can get some of those done in campaign missions.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Unlucky7 posted:

I...why is there an option after you beat an optional mission to send you straight to a campaign mission? Why is there no way to cancel out of it?

They really want you to do the story ASAP and unlock all the people.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

deadly_pudding posted:

Same. They're somehow more dangerous than Adaptoids, and almost all of their attacks are unblockable.

Elite Synthoids are very easy as Widow: dodge to the side to avoid laser, hold triangle for a grenade to bounce them into the air, beat down mercilessly.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Does XP do anything past level 50?

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Mechafunkzilla posted:

there's no advantage to having a PL 150 character rather than a PL 135 one.

There's a Trophy!

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Fantastic Four was tried, and found wanting.

Yeah, how would Stretchy Arms, Lady Who Can Be Invisible, Guy Who Can Fly and Shoot, or Big Tough Dude have possibly compared to Kamala, Widow, Tony or Hulk?

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Hellburger99 posted:

Anyone have seemingly bugged daily challenges? I’ve got one for Thor where I have to defeat 10 enemies with heavy attacks, but despite using nothing but spamming the triangle button I haven’t gotten a single one yet. Is this a bug or am I somehow missing something?

Is it Heavy or Power? The latter is hold triangle.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Namaer posted:

what are people doing with black widow? i tried doing an overcharge build but i wasn't getting enough healing and now i'm trying an invisibility build but it feels a little clunky.

Bounce around, focus on stun with takedown giving heroic orbs, use the iframes with shock bolts to interrupt attacks, use invisibility when hurt and chain more takedowns to heal.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

That Darkhold exotic artifact for beating all missions is rubbish. I guess it could be useful if you play Hulk and drain health for heroics then get it back with Rage? It seems practically worthless.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

I'm spending my ingame earnings on takedowns, myself. Can only wear one costume at a time but will definitely see a lot of the takedowns!

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

fadam posted:

Is there something u have to do to unlock all the missions on the table? People on Reddit keep recommending missions I don’t have. I’m looking for the Day of the Remains but I can’t find it

Isn't that part of the Reigning Supreme mission chain?

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Daily for Widow yesterday, when I had all day:
Press L2 then R2 and shoot a few dudes

Daily for Widow today, before work:
While the moon is in retrograde on a night map in New Jersey, with Iron Man on your team, defeat enemies with a 7 hit combo finisher while they're affected by Pym Particles and your Intrinsic energy is full

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Soonmot posted:

has anyone found any drops with cosmic?

Not a thing. I'm thinking it might get added when Captain Marvel does.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Good Citizen posted:

Oh man this reigning supreme quest line goes on forever. I thought I’d go back and knock it out but it just keeps going. The new ask is to complete all the iconic mission chains for every character dang

You're closer to the end of that quest chain than you think. I auto completed that because I did all the Iconic stuff after the campaign because I wanted the costumes :D

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

RatHat posted:

How much does mission level matter? Would doing Hulk's iconic mission at power level 18+10 be a bad idea if Hulk is only power level 8?

Yes, it would be difficult. Enemies over 5 levels higher than you hit like trucks, and you'll go down in two hits.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

If you get everyone up to 40 power, they will be able to do any of the Iconic missions that you unlock.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Holyshoot posted:

is this game in 2.0 mode? or have a time line when it will be so I can buy it? TIA

It's been out two weeks tomorrow, buddy, give it to next year at least before starting this stuff.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Namaer posted:

You earn the premium currency from the individual hero battle passes but you'll need i think 1000 of it to unlock the battle pass on post launch release heroes.

This is correct. Any fully completed character pass gets you 1200 bucks, so clearing all of the ones in the base game gets 7200. Keep 1000 for any new characters you want the pass for, and spend the rest as you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

I have important news if you're doing a Daily or Weekly to rescue hostages.

If the AI gets the last hit on a fuse to free a hostage, it doesn't count as you freeing them.