Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I really want to like this. I can see how the combo system can work and I can pull off some cool stuff sometimes, but I also know how much of a grind it’s going to be. But it also doesn’t feel super deep. Like a piece of gear will say “2.7% chance to get damage resist when you do a combo” and it never feels like that matters. I was hoping this could be a Destiny replacement but in Destiny the guns all feel different and the stats can make two of the same gun feel so different as well. And then some missions have secrets that certain characters can unlock but you can’t switch when you’re solo so you have to replay the mission where you run down grey corridors again and it starts to blend together. I don’t know, I’ll probably still pick it up day one because I’m a fool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Info on the gear and monetization. Seems similar to Fortnite battle passes where you can earn enough premium currency in each hero pass to earn the next one for free. And they don’t expire so no FOMO. Glad to see the wallet squeeze isn’t that bad.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I would like to see a universal track that does expire every month. Make it have lesser rewards tho to even out. I can definitely see getting to level 40 shortly after the hero comes out and then having nothing to do for a month or two.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

The beta was alright. It’s no Devil May Cry, but you can get some combos going. I realize now my issue is how defensive you gotta play when there is a lot of enemies. It doesn’t feel like there’s not a lot of hit stun on enemies so your combos can get interrupted easily. And sometimes projectiles fly from off screen and it’s hard to judge the little hit markers that pop up.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Yeah, there is very little reason to buy this day one. I can almost guarantee it’ll be $45 tops when Black Friday comes. Maybe even as low as $30.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Im watching someone on Twitch right now. They’re just past the stuff in the beta and got Tony. If anything crazy happens, I’ll report.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

If anyone plans on streaming this, there is licensed music. Pretty cool needle drop during an Iron Man mission.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

There’s gonna be a poo poo load of extra outfits as time goes on. For as generous they are with gameplay content, they are gonna milk those cosmetics for every ounce. I just hope some will be available to earn and not just buy. I’m weak for silly outfits.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

https://youtu.be/pLiII3nZ-ZM
Marketplace is up and yup, it’s got all the cool stuff.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Who had Cap being frozen in a capsule on an AIM space station on their bingo card?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Uh, you alright Cap?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Just watched the end. Last boss fight is pretty dumb and funny. Like the movies, there's a mid-credit scene. Honestly, playable Marvel movie doesn't seem like a terrible comparison.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

PlushCow posted:

But this just came out today? So what the campaign is like 8 hours long? 6 hours??

I'd say about 6-10 depending on how you play, which I think is what most people expected/reported. Most of the game is going to be replaying the dozens of repeatable missions for loot. Story mode is mostly a big tutorial with cut scenes and easy loot drops.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Explanation of damage types.
https://youtu.be/Cbp2RXHqLvk
I’m sure there’s a prompt in the game or a menu in a menu that also explains this, but this is easier.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Do you think the reason we’re getting Kate Bishop and Hawkeye so soon is so Crystal Dynamics can just recycle the bow mechanics from Tomb Raider? I’m not complaining, I loved the bow in those games.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Dan Didio posted:

I've been trying to slap on a lot of Nimble stuff just because getting damage boosts every time you perfect dodge lets you turn Cap and Thor into blenders.

https://twitter.com/SquareEnix/status/1301183768833654785

That seems insane.

You have to remember that there were Fortnite items you could get when you finish the Beta. Wouldn’t be surprised a lot of folks did that and then promptly ignored it.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I keep wanting to play this like the Ultimate Alliance games or a DMC and just wade into a group of enemies and mash buttons, but I have more success trying to pick off a few guys at a time. I feel like this game can really open up in multiplayer when you can have your ranged heroes like Iron Man pick off turrets and have melee heroes like Hulk worry about the big enemies and get through fights faster. Either way, the game is fun enough to keep my attention for a few months.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Soonmot posted:

They also really need to rethink the breakable door/ control panel thing because with two Hawkeyes, it'll be possible to have a whole team of human players and no one able to break open a door.

I bet Hawkeye will have a dumb bomb arrow that will work, but I agree that gating loot behind abilities is dumb. At the very least there should be a button to command AI teammates to bust open or hack doors. Or maybe have alternate opening methods. Easy way could be breaking it, or you could do one of those switch puzzles.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Junkenstein posted:

Why is my power level 7 when I have equipment at levels 10,9,8 and 8 or thereabouts?

What about your artifacts? I forget about them too and they seems to be harder to come by.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I’m okay with exotics being a mystery for now. I think it’s fun to chase mythical OP gear and gather info.

So I’ve been using Thor as a main for now, and when he gets going he shreds. And pinning troublesome enemies (like Stilettos) and punching them to death is so satisfying.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Wouldn’t be surprised to hear that a lot of people are waiting for a sale or next gen on this game. I’ve already told my friends that it’s very fun, but not worth getting now. I’m very confident it will sell well, just not immediately.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

fadam posted:

What am I missing about fighting the fire adaptoid guys? I think I can only actually lower their health bars when they stop being on fire, but how tf do I do that? It feels random.

Beat the poo poo out of them. It’s like the blue shields that enemies get sometimes.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Wait for a sale. It’s fun, but probably not $60 of fun.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

CommunityEdition posted:

A roadmap like every other GaaS would be much appreciated

They mentioned they are releasing one. Between launch, COVID, and Boseman’s untimely passing, things are a little out of sorts. They’ll probably have another War Table stream next month before Kate launches and will reveal plans then.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I still haven’t touched multiplayer because of all the complaints. That said, the ability to remove motion blur made this game run so much smoother on PS4.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I wonder if they’ll cycle some of the paid some cosmetics into the free loot pool after a couple of months/year. So of them are real cool, but I also don’t want to pay hundreds to play dress up with Tony Stark.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Here’s the rest.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Absolutely get the mastery that gives you heroic orbs on takedown and never stop using special moves

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

The only reason to max out heroes right now is to do the Mega Hive, but that has some mediocre rewards too. They should try and fix exotics soon. Half the fun of these games is chasing these unique and broken weapons/armor.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I’m willing to cut some slack on this because it’s been only one month and we’re still in a pandemic. But on the other hand I’ve barely played these last two weeks and don’t have much desire too.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Kate War Table. Releases Dec. 8. Hawkeye coming “early 2021”.
https://youtu.be/N9OQO_8GS4M

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Love how ominous the “early 2021” release for Hawkeye is. You know he isn’t coming in January.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

twistedmentat posted:

Zero chance this isn't going to see deep discounts on black Friday? They're still charging 60usd for anthem, I doubt this would be cheaper.

It’ll be $30 at Best Buy

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Played Kate’s missions after forgetting about it for a week. It’s good. Game is still a lot of fun, but the lack of major endgame activities are still a problem. God, they really should have delayed this to spring 2021 and have it be a cross-Gen title. Splitting the team between fixing, updates & upgrading is really hurting them.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Pennfalath posted:

You can't replay Kate's HARM room, so I hope no one wants to have a spot to easily complete her challenges or mission chain...

They just patched that today. It’s stuff like this that frustrates me about this game. It’s fun, but all this little stuff that should have been obvious really drags it down. They keep improving, but come on. This should have been a day one thing.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Hello, I’m the big dumb apologist for this game. CD have probably been quite due to working on DLC, bug squashing and next Gen upgrades all at once and are spread thin. Rumor is the next dev stream is January 15th, hopefully for Clint to be released late January. Black Panther likely after that with a new Wakanda area and raid. Or the game is shutdown after Clint. Both are likely

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Hawkeye deep dive on Feb 16th. Hopefully he gets released shortly after.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Hawkeye and Next Gen coming March 18.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3bKwnP4aks

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Sounds like Black Panther is next with a raid in Wakanda. The hardest part is gonna be finding 3 other people to play with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

The devs will be doing a bit of developer commentary this week on their Twitch channel along with gameplay for Clint.