Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

The lack of cross-platform play on the roadmap is a huge miss. The PC community has like 500 players a day and will 100% stay dead without console crossplay. I guess crossplay would be hard since Spiderman is PS5 exclusive which is also incredibly stupid. The release schedule is already weak and there will be an entire content cycle where PS5 players get some new story bits and a new character to play with while the other platforms get nothing.

I still want to try this game on my ps5 but I'm not willing to pay more than 30€ for a dead game. Is the community at least somewhat alive on Playstation if I do end up getting it?

The whole "make spider-man Playstation exclusive" is the dumbest poo poo ever and I remember knowing it would sink the game when announced. It's ridiculous to ban two platforms from a full class! Even if the game was thriving, xbox and PC players were sure to leave en masse once the new character is released but unavailable for them. I didn't have a playstation when the game released and I stopped myself from buying it just because of it (so, thanks spidey!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
What's wrong with me that even after reading this thread I still want to get the game? I haven't done due to a bunch of extra expenses and the remote possibility it hits ps plus soon.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Welp, I gave in and bought the game for ps5. Found it at 30€ with a dumb steelbox so I think the campaign alone should be almost worth it. Plus the wording on War on Wakanda makes me think that even after this is given for free somehow I'll still will avoid buying the DLC, so eh.

I'm liking it so far though? Combat is fun even if not very deep, but I doubt there's any need to write my impressions down since its all been said before.

I haven't even tried to matchmake for my campaign missions, I'm guessing it would take forever to find players, especially since I'm just starting out? I do have one question though, are the companion Heroes using the stats I have on them? That is, is my Thor companion level 1 and power 0? I would expect their Power Level at the very least to scale with mine, right?

Is Hulk terrible, or am I bad with him? In many ways he feels like a worse Kamala. Iron man is pretty fun, though. Haven't tried anyone else since I'm "following the story" and pretending I haven't unlocked them until I see them in the campaign. Of course, that illusion goes off the window as soon as I get to a hub and Black Widow is hanging around there, does she just pop up with SHIELD or is there a point in the story in which she's "introduced"? Thor and Cap are absent for now so I guess she just comes out of nowhere.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I bought the game two days ago so I'll keep on being optimistic about it's future despite all signs because I'm really good at self delusion and am also a non mcu marvel fanboy.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Finished the campaign, it was pretty decent! MODOK was a fun boss, weird that they don't use him for any repeatable mission afaik.

Now I'm doing Kate's dlc, she's a very fun character, I may actually main her a bit if I continue grinding after I'm done with the story.

I definitely understand the hate though. There's so little variety in the game that even the campaign missions felt samey (except for the few special ones like the MODOK sequence). And I just discovered that the challenge cards need to be activated for 10€ a pop so you can get most of the cool rewards? loving insane, and I paid half of what most people did.

Still, I enjoy the combat lots so even after the dlcs i probably have a good dozen hours of game left. I'll definitely be sad when they don't turn this around drastically with the expansion.

Sure wish I could play with people though!

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Liar Lyre posted:

So the challenge cards can be activated for 1000 avengers bucks(I don’t remember if they’re called units or credits), but every base game character’s card is free meaning you get like 7000 free, plus each extra characters card gets you 1300 meaning you make a small profit. You can buy some extra outfits if you want without worrying about missing out.

Ooooh right, no wonder I didn't catch that until I started playing Kate, oops. It's still pretty dumb but yeah, the original crew has more than enough credits that i could keep activating the DLC ones and then some.

Guess that's a good excuse as any to do the weeklies with everyone!

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Another Bill posted:

I just started playing this game and I kinda like it? Too bad about the dead player base. And all the cosmetic transactions. And the slow load times.

That's exactly what I said until I finished the campaign and never, ever touching it again.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Liar Lyre posted:

For everyone playing this the first time, let me explain the most important thing that this game does a horrible job of explaining: the Battery System. So you probably noticed your gear and some abilities can do elemental damage. They’re broken up into two sides. “Warm” debuffs: pym, plasma, and cosmic. And “Cold” debuffs: cryo, gamma, shock. And by warm and cold, I’m talking about the color they represent, warm is red/yellow, cold is blue/green. They all give debuffs to enemies like, damage over time or susceptible to more crits. The Battery System is when you combine them to deal massive damage. Fill up the little colored bar near the enemy health bar with one type of status damage, then attack them with an opposite style of damage to get big numbers and shred bosses.

I haven't played for a while, but i finished the main campaign and I think I never knew this, lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Father Wendigo posted:

In fact, why not take away a leg just to show how badass he is?

Voiced by Jeremy Renner?