Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I can't believe that they managed to make a big budget Avengers game this loving anemic.

Spent 3/4 hours with the beta and that's probably enough for me to tell that this game isn't going to be worth $60 at all.
Way too much time playing as Hulk in the opening, that was unbelievably trying on my patience alone.

Combat overall is about what I guess I'd expect from a third person Avengers game? I dunno, but it just really felt like I was just swinging fists through crowds like a musou with absolutely no real satisfying impact from my hits.
Loot with the most basic ARPG stats ever, this was definitely a last second addition to the game.
Uninteresting skill trees.
Nothing notable about any of the missions that I saw.
Story stuff itself seems kinda fun, I might pick it up on a deep discount some day just to go through the campaign but otherwise meh.

I think the highlight of the beta for me was just playing as Cap, that felt pretty cool.

Widow was fun to play as too, surprisingly, I'm kinda interested to see how Hawkguy gets handled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Yikes, the pricing model for the cosmetics is a bit insane.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Open world city environment with proc gen threats and stuff to do when

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Should've went the Lost Vikings route and let us hot swap to different characters.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Alright so my absolute biggest gripe with this game right now?

loving

STUN LOCKS

Especially if you managed to get between two fuckers and get pinballed till you die cause you can't escape cause dodging and parrying feels like it barely works half the drat time!

:bang:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Man, I think the final mission's bugged for me.

So, I'm at the "Defeat the Watchdogs" bit and every time I get to where they are we fight for a little bit and then they just kinda... vanished? But their icons haven't been crossed out or anything. Am I supposed to be chasing them anywhere or what?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

RubberLuffy posted:

It's entirely possible, and I've seen it happen in a few missions, that they either didn't spawn or they fell through the ground and did not trigger a death.

Der Shovel posted:

You probably ran into the same bug I encountered in a couple of missions: the enemies clipped through the game world and are now alive but unreachable somewhere 50 miles below you. At this point the only thing that worked for me was restarting the entire mission and hoping it didn't happen again (I spent four hours retrying one mission where it kept happening over and over again).

Yep, this must've been the case, I finally got past it after reloading it for like the 7th drat time.
Man, I'm putting up with some serious bullshit when it comes to this game.

Buggy as sin, half of the mechanics feel like they weren't tuned at all, and honestly the level design is disappointingly gamey instead of feeling like actual locales.

Buuuuuuut, when it clicks... it clicks really well and fills that Marvel Heroes sized hole in my heart.
I'm just hoping beyond hope that they actually listen to the community and adjust things accordingly.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Mandrel posted:

also how the gently caress do you change characters? do we seriously have to launch a mission to swap who we’re controlling on the chimera/view their inventory and skills?

edit: lmao literally had to walk through the door right in front of me to find the hero terminal. I’m a dumbass

It's alright, the carrier really needs to be reorganized or at the very least let the player move a lot faster.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I kinda lost my will to do anything else after the campaign, the loot is honestly all completely boring trash so the loop isn't very rewarding but I did enjoy the campaign immensely and would love more story content.

Kamala was a surprise for me, I was expecting some really cringe meta humor but she had a lot of heart.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I don't really regret my purchase, I went in expecting Anthem and got a pretty great campaign out of it that lasted me like 30 hours.

I won't mind reinstalling every time there's a big ole content update though, are the new characters supposed to come with new levels too?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Simone Magus posted:

Someone get this poster some help, bah gawd

:negative:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Welp, Kate was a fun 4 hour diversion, uninstalled the game again.

Wake me up when Wakanda gets added or something.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

CGI Black Panther teaser

Later this year

Expansion

This game is loving dead. :sigh:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Alright cool, so this should be a fun game to check out again in November I guess.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

They're delaying Spider-Man indefinitely and then years from now some clever modders will break open the game files and unlock the character but it'll be stuck in a Ms Marvel model.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

The fact that you only play as Starlord has me kinda shrugging at the Guardians game.

I'd rather be able to Lost Vikings it and swap between them.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

a mysterious cloak posted:

LOL

Where is his shield supposed to be hanging from on his back

You know how some people like to put loops into their skin to hang from wires and stuff?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Reinstalled and played for about 45 minutes, drat 7 months later and this game is still not very fun to just turn your brain off and beat up mooks.

I loving miss Marvel Heroes. :qq::qq:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

twistedmentat posted:

The closest I can get is Future Fight, and that's not even close.

Yeah, I've tried everything on the phone and I hated them all.

Liar Lyre posted:

Oh drat, Wakanda update coming sooner than expected, August 17th
https://twitter.com/playavengers/status/1420782083908141061?s=21

I forget but this is actually going to be a... paid expansion isn't it?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Thank the stars for small mercies, there wouldn't have been a chance in hell that I'd buy anything else for this game. :laugh:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

3 Campaigns?!

There's the main campaign and then.... ?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I feel like Thor and Iron Man both suck rear end specifically because of their flight abilities.

This game does not handle characters being that far off of the ground very well, it feels like they thought of giving them the ability to fly very late in development.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

The game does still run like rear end, I haven't noticed any performance increases at all since release day.

Effects(snow, tachyon storms, etc) and debris heavy scenes are particularly egregious.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I'm the progression meter jumping up to 33% complete after one mission.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

The new inventory UI is hilariously bad, I can't believe you need even more key presses to scrap poo poo now.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Is Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 a decent alternative to this game?

I just want a Marvel game where these characters actually feel as strong as they are.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Do... we actually want more out of this game?

I feel like anything else we get is just going to be more of the same.

Especially if any of their other planned big expansions are on the level of Wakanda, this was their chance to show us that they had anything substantial at all and it was a fart.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Wow, uh, those animations are rough for a CGI hype trailer.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Was Avengers ever... winding up?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Raged posted:

Anne Heche was technically alive until the plug was pulled too.

:drat:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Yeah but they're bringing us the Cloning Labs so that we can fight MODOK and Abomination

again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I enjoyed the campaign a lot too it's just that after you beat the campaign the game sorta falls apart and you're left wondering why there's a post game at all.