Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
People being genuinely excited for this makes me wonder how out of touch with gaming i am. Combat is so boring to me and the beta just seems like visual eye candy at the expense of gameplay, etc. I was bored by the end. What a shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Lol they're not complaining about being out matched, they're saying that if hulk punches a basic guy that guy should immediately go flying, not just stumble in place so he can take another two hits.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
All that reads as is "all new characters will have paid cosmetics" and nothing more, imo

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Seedge posted:

Destiny at launch had a campaign I finished in about 6 hours. This campaign took me 12 hours and the post game mission chains another 36. Then you mention raids added two months after launch compared to a game out three weeks.

Destiny also did the trick of making you play through the same areas as an older mission, but this time backwards as padding.

Avengers could certainly do with some more content but try to be fair.

I'm playing through destiny for the first time now and all of my friends who bought it at launch said they completed it in a weekend, so this checks out. I imagine there's a ton more to do now, but its also been out for years now.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Seedge posted:

I rushed storyline on both games, primarily in Avengers because I wanted all the characters before doing any MP. Destiny I spent no time exploring because, like Avengers, the beta taught me theres no point looking for treasure until you hit max power level because everything boils down to Bigger Power Number.

This post is the reason i'll never get on with the looter shooter community (and also mmo's). The whole "this game isn't a game until i max out my level" is so weird to me. Just enjoy the drat game.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Orv posted:

Jesus man calm down.

He's not wrong. People should stop buying this poo poo so the studios at least pretend to put in effort next time.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Just don't load up the game if you don't like it. I don't know why this is difficult.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I'm still surprised there was even a single person who played the demo and thought "Yeah man, this is gonna succeed. I can really feel it".

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

RagnarokZ posted:

Dude, it's a game with always online as a requirement, that means only really one thing, MORE MONEY.

And hey, if it looks like a GAAS, smells like a GAAS and has server issues at launch, well, why wouldn't I call it that.

And honestly, the developers and publishers can call it whatever they want, it matters not.

Can you actually buy anything with real money in Outriders?

Serious question, i completed the game and never saw an option. Always online doesn't mean GAAS lmao

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Fried Sushi posted:

I was wrong, game is saved, GOTY even, all for the low low price of $30.

How does that get modelled + approved to be shipped? It looks awful.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

HebrewMagic posted:

You wouldn't have to say "let people like things" if this game was good

In ICR threads its always the same 4/5 people who don't even like the genre anymore relentlessly making GBS threads on people who are having a good time, then acting weird when they start doing it back.

It's always fun to watch, at least more fun than I had with Avengers/Anthem/Outriders :shrug:

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

RagnarokZ posted:

I was right about Fallout 76, Anthem, this poo poo and loving Outriders.

And I will never stop mocking people for buying GaaS and not realizing just how exploitative this bullshit really is.

Oh no, I agree. gently caress GaaS, it's loving terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
It's got a ok single campaign and a lovely end game. You'll probably like it on a sale or gamepass or smth.