Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

With the last mission I got assigned other players despite matchmaking being off and it bugged out on me so for most of it I had a black screen while the others finished it for me :v: Only mission I haven't done is the secret one, thanks thread. Sucks that most of them have the coop objectives the AI is totally unprepared for. The companions also rarely engage the turrets so most encounters ended up with me jumping around managing control zones/turrets while the AI did the fun fights :negative:

The highest performance mode on the Pro is also pretty bad, I only ever got 60 fps looking at a wall or the sky. More frantic showdowns had massive framedrops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

OldMemes posted:

Why not just make a good big budget Avengers game as a single player experience (with co-op), which has a clear story, and then sell story DLC packs later if people like it?
That's also gonna be in there! The objectives screen is set up in a way that would allow them to add more singleplayer campaigns later on, and the part included in the beta was... fine

This genre is so stats-driven they probably want to cover all their bases and start making post-release content based on what gets the most cumulative playtime

Dan Didio posted:

I'm just saying, the process was probably a lot simpler and less nefarious than whatever people imagine happened, this is Square-Enix we're talking about after all:

Man, in FFXV even the princess's dresses were product placement.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

you can disable matchmaking in the settings before the intro mission

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Raged posted:

After playing yep the combat is poo poo. It does not feel good. God of War feels great. PS4 Spiderman feels great. This is is just bad.
It's like going from GR:Wildlands to Breakpoint (before the patch that made the predatory loot mechanics toggleable). Shoot a guy in the head, see a health bar deplete slightly. It feels off.

But I didn't have issues with the combat as much as with the mission structure, and that's on me playing solo. The campaign should be fine.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Raged posted:

Sony owns the rights to Spider-Man.
Sony's Columbia Pictures has the rights to make movies featuring Spider-Man, they still had to work with Marvel Games to license the character for the 2018 game. Disney Infinity has Spider-Man available on all platforms. This exclusivity has to be a newly drafted agreement.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

gently caress, went back this weekend to see if the performance improved and just hated every second :smith: Maybe it's because the GaaS missions were the only thing left and the campaign was promising?? I can't even remember what I found enjoyable at first

also I noticed that you literally can't reach some turrets manually because the camera won't let you move high enough, you have to rely on the unrestricted autoaim

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

there are "major artifacts" of which you can equip one, I don't think they featured in the beta

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Add Italian Spiderman as a DLC character and you can have two in a mission

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Jesus Christ the Pro performance. Having confetti on the screen in the very first playable scene slows the menu cursor to a jittery crawl in 4K mode, performance mode seems to barely reach 30fps. Can't wait to see some actually busy scenes.

...aaand the very first person you talk to has hair clipping through her hat.

Ruffian Price fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Aug 31, 2020

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

I'd like to think that the devs rebelled against the publisher by only making costumes nobody would want to buy.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

The campaign is better than what they showed off (seriously, the Olympia mission might be the lowest point so far, what a bold choice for a demo), but there's only so much fun you can wring out of a TR-lite with healthbars and levels on enemies that you cannot turn off in UI settings

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

I die a little inside every time I move the camera to put a turret in the center and when I start aiming it snaps to some offscreen dude that poses no threat

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

The campaign does pepper some multiplayer missions with the dialogue changed as padding.

If you equip the Iron Man armor that shows his jaw in later story missions, he has no lipsync in cutscenes. I also managed to teleport myself half a kilometer outside the map by punching into a cutscene trigger. This is the poo poo you test first, weren't they making this for like five years?

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Using the Compare function at a gear vendor with an item meant for a different character doesn't compare it with what they have equipped, but with what you have in the equivalent slot :psyduck:

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

It seems that once the frames start dropping, the game will try and reduce the LOD of closer objects, which sometimes gets stuck on random stuff and doesn't reload high detail until you're gone. Sometimes it's just annoying (like the mesh for the wall you're looking at in a cutscene becoming blocky and pixellated), sometimes it's funny as poo poo:

Nice weather we're having today. Stayed like that till the end

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Holy poo poo the credits :stare: Nextgen production bloat is real if fourteen outside companies were making 3D assets for this.

Aphrodite posted:

The cutscene animations are surprisingly good in this considering the just okay graphics.
They were kinda uneven, some scenes had fantastic full performance capture but groupshots especially varied in effort between characters. I liked the Iron Man suit-up sequence on the Chimera, I think they didn't bother with facial animation since he didn't have spoken lines in that one and so his face stayed perfectly neutral through the whole epic scene
...and some custom costumes break morphs but that's a different kind of oversight.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

...and that's one of the highlights of the campaign :v:

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

I don't think the game tells you this but you can hold forward on the left analog stick to go a little faster in flight mode, seemed to outpace most projectiles in that Iron Man mission

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

The combat rhythm reaches its highs when there are no drones or turrets around so if your team is walking away from Omelas has someone taking care of that missions can go pretty smooth.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

There are some baffling design decisions in the credits too, for some reason job titles aren't subcategories but are listed for everybody so you get screenfuls of "ARTIST ARTIST ARTIST ARTIST" especially once it gets to the outsourced companies - however for localization teams they instead made a giant list that puts all of them together (by language and then alphabetically) and divided it like that into two columns, so one team has its latter half listed first, then several screens of other teams, then its first half in the left column. What a lovely move.

and of course the scrolling's hitching like crazy but that's standard for game credits

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

That fight is so easy to cheese as Widow it's even more annoying when he glitches in the falling down animation, leaving you with no targets to attack and forcing a restart

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Grem posted:

These subtitles are wild. Most of the time they don't even describe the sound they just say what's going on. It's like they're subtitles to be read aloud for blind people or something.

At least this game gave me the courage to turn off subtitles more often :unsmith: Didn't miss much and could actually focus on faces

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

You can actually get an AI teammate taken out for good in the villain sectors if they get hit with a heavy area attack when downed, I didn't expect that

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Don't like how a Challenge II mission's level changes in the middle of it when I upgrade my gear, makes the grind seem endless

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Exactly, so why did you?

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Outside of reaching the few top power level missions there seems to be no benefit to upgrading your gear when enemies will just immediately rescale to you mid-mission and the slog never lessens

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

and then you still end up worrying "this new one has higher stats but only a 5.2% chance to boost your damage when you crit a ranged attack on an enemy in the air, I'll keep both for now :ohdear:"

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

a mysterious cloak posted:

My dumb mistake was playing the beta, not being particularly taken with it, and then buying it anyway.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

why even bother with semi-procedural objective chains if you're not going to rotate the seed

it's like if dwarf fortress only allowed you to make one specific world

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Godfall not having a thread yet says it all tbh

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

I might be going crazy but load times on PS5 seem... longer?? Maybe it's mostly waiting on the server. Glad to finally be getting stable 60fps

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Kate Bishop drops tomorrow and I already dread having to start the game

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Surely you mean Squirrel Girl

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

yeah lol nobody tested the cutscenes with non-standard costumes
the vintage soldier has cap move his right eyelid front and back when he talks

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

jabro posted:

I’m guessing they’re due for some kind of metric check in the next couple weeks before the character drop that is decided by player count and they are doing this to inflate the numbers.
It's probably this, telling people "if you wanna grind do it now!!" right before the end of the fiscal quarter

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

and there's even a size change mechanic for enemies lol

although they reset for takedowns so you can have the exact animations you paid for

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

PS5 upgrade doesn't crash, but it looks... worse? than running the PS4 version on PS5 in performance mode. Resolution dips way too often for no visible benefit and for some reason this includes text and UI elements, so half the time your objectives get blurry. Saves transferred without an issue, but I'm pretty sure I lost at least one marketplace outfit. Oh well, not gonna matter at this point.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

It's also easy to forget the endgame missions plopped into the story as padding, the campaign really should be treated as shorter than it is

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

is it Cap because they already had a shirtless model in the campaign or are there differences other than the lack of band-aids?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

have to admit I loled at the fight against Taskmaster on a burning bridge during black widow