Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
gently caress me i have no willpower when it comes to comic book poo poo, i just preorded for the loving beta.

I got a couple weeks out of anthem before I got bored, hopefully this will be at least that entertaining, low bar or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
My biggest thing is going to be how annoying it is to accumulate currency. Playing dolly dressup is my favorite thing to do in these games and if I'm gonna get nickle and dimed over this poo poo with microtransactions, I'm gonna poo poo. But being able to play as Spidey, Kamala, and Hawkguy is what pushed me over the edge.

That's good to hear that the gameplay holds up, though.

EDIT: ps4 gametag is same as screen name if anyone is looking to multiplayer. I have about 10 minutes left on the download.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I've been playing for a little bit now and it's fine. Hulk is really fun, I'm trying to find my groove with Kamala now. Everyone in the intro mission from the trailer really do have a different feel to them.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

VanillaGorilla posted:

The combat really starts to open up a bit once you can start putting points into trees and picking up moves. Kamala is a blast to play as and they really nailed the feel of her powers.

Speaking of - Kamala is a really great anchor character for the story. She’s hitting just the right level of goofball for me.

She's such a loving nerd and I love her.

But wow, they need to fix matchmaking fast. There should be a way to join an open strike team and THEN select missions, because right now there isn't the population to select a mission and then join a team.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Codependent Poster posted:

There's only a couple snippets from the story. Though I think everyone agrees that the Hulk and Kamala story mission is the highlight of the beta.

If the story keeps up like that it should be fine, especially since it did a great job with Kamala.

Yeah as soon as I got onto the helicarrier and had to do these war table missions, my enthusiasm plummeted. Maybe actually being able to have a full multiplayer team would make a difference but, I also just don't enjoy these capture the flag or beat the wave missions as much as I enjoy advancing a single player or co-op narrative. I recognize that, as an Old, I'm not the target audience for video games anymore, but gently caress me, this is boring. Thankfully, I still have a bunch of GoT to get through.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Lol came to post about the weird connection issue too

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I actually got into a match with two other people, it was not bad! Has anyone figured out how to just join a strike team instead of starting one with the mission select?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Weasling Weasel posted:

I had that in last weeks beta as well, not got a clue what the intention is with the matchmaking as it just doesn't work, and the only real appeal for this as a loot treadmill combat brawler is that you'd at least be able to play with other people and not with the particularly inept AI companions.

Yeah the missions were a lot more fun when I had two other people with me instead of having to babysit 3 ais

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
loving lol, tried multiplayer again this morning. After waiting about 2 minutes and only having one other human join, I hit start, wait for that minute countdown to finish and then, at about the 15 second mark it resets and a third person joins. Okay, cool, that's fine. Wait another minute with the countdown and it resets again, shows a fourth person joining then no other humans and I'm pushed into a match with 3 AIs and the enemies at level 20 instead of level 7s like I had it set for.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I seriously want to know who thought it was a good idea to have matchmaking only happen by selecting a mission. So now, you gotta figure out which the two dozen missions are going to have enough of a population starting right then, and that none of those people are playing the hero you are, because you can't double up, and who even knows if difficulty plays into it?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I'm trying again to get into a multiplayer mission. Stark Realities, Challenge II. The last three times I've tried this, I've gotten only a single other player and nothing has happened after the countdown finished, except I get a tiny check mark indicating that I've readied up. I cannot believe that every other player in this game is willing to wait ten minutes for a full room instead of just running with two people, so what the gently caress? Running these missions solo with AI is not fun. Say what you will about anthem, but running that solo was actually fun for me for the first couple weeks. This lost its charm almost the moment I ran out of single player missions.

And why is this countdown so loving long anyways?

Edit: oh cool, i found out that after the nothing happens stage, I can restart the countdown by enabling/disabling matchmaking or going into my gear screen.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, Hulk, the guy who leaps across entire states having such a tiny jump distance thanks to his model's size is hilarious, especially compared to Widow. I got Widow to 15 and power level 20, finished all the missions including the hidden one. They really need to get the multiplayer fixed if they want any sort of longevity in this, because there were a couple times where I had to keep multiple check points active that the AI made a pain in the rear end. Because the only other option is to level and gear up all your AI pals so they're not useless.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Yeah this was a lot better when actual humans are playing with you.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
So which of you suckers are gonna be on PS4 because if I'm gonna do multiplayer, I'm not doing it with pubbies.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I didn't see any option to trade and you only get gear for the character you're playing

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

RatHat posted:

Is Willpower the name for health in this game?

they never really explained what any of the stats did in beta and everyone seemed to do damage at the same rate so who the gently caress knows? (but yeah, that's health)

I mean, even just a noticable difference in unenhanced stat numbers along with an inherent character specific gimmick would have helped. If Hulk did noticeably more damage at the start and didn't get knocked down except by giant enemies, that would have made things way cooler.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Liar Lyre posted:

Explanation of damage types.
https://youtu.be/Cbp2RXHqLvk
I’m sure there’s a prompt in the game or a menu in a menu that also explains this, but this is easier.

did anyone do one of these for the basic attributes? Like I guess the melee one makes melee damage go up and the ranged one makes ranged damage go up, but is the armor one straight point by point damage mitigation? A percentage? And there was a fourth one that might have been the willpower which is health, but also might not be, i forget

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Empress Brosephine posted:

Oh didn't know you could do that on Playstation, I'll check into it. Thanks

gotta wait until you can get ahold of ps support. I bought the digital thinking I'll just get a refund on the standard later today, but my countdown last night went from 1 hour to 3 days after it finished!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Twibbit posted:

what I remember from the beta is that Red attacks have to be dodged. Parrying is just using whatever block option, if you have one, right at the time of the strike.

I had a pop up saying that red can be dodged OR perfect parried. Better to just dodge them instead of risking the timing.

Hey, are shield guys able to just straight block a vault? I know you need to hold the dodge button+direction to vault, but the only guys you need to vault over are shield guys and I kept getting BLOCKED text when I was trying it in game.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

GeauxSteve posted:

Does your leveling up in single player carry over to multiplayer?

Yup

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Burginator posted:

I've been playing a totally Widow's Kiss focused Widow and it's been insanely fun. With the skill that makes it a big melee punch, I spent like half of my time in iframes between that and finishers and my gear refunds me a huge portion of charge every time I kill an enemy with it. I'm basically just playing thor, but as Widow

oh that sounds cool, I'm gonna be doing widow as SMG stun machine and grappling in to use finishers on everything after every three second burst

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Last night I already ran into someone at level 40 and Power 70 wtf, like I enjoy the game but log the gently caress off, buddy

Beat the main campaign yesterday, it was good. Some of the endboss fight was annoying, but overall this was a fine, fun game. We'll see how well multiplayer holds up, but there's so much more to do that it'll be a couple weeks before I'm done, I think.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Zoobtro posted:

i cant matchmake at all. in the beta it was intrusive but now it's non existent. is there anyone on pc i can reach out to here?

I wasn't getting any matches earlier today, I think something might be broken from this new patch because even though I was doing quickmatch, it kept putting me in the mission lobby for whatever mission I last viewed. Thankfully a buddy logged on and I was able to join him to play.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Codependent Poster posted:

Her Fraction outfit is definitely in the game, so just a matter of how it's unlocked. It would be cool to see the original Young Avengers one though, and one where she's dressed like classic Clint.

Also one where she's dressed like Hawkeye.

Yeah I got a feeling kate is gonna get me to drop some cash on this dumb game

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Sea Lily posted:

I'm getting the same results when I do that too. Sticks me with one other person and we wait a while and never get anyone else.

Yeah, my best luck has been inviting friends who are playing.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
They also really need to rethink the breakable door/ control panel thing because with two Hawkeyes, it'll be possible to have a whole team of human players and no one able to break open a door.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Zaodai posted:

There's not even really a reason to gate them. I mean Widow could either have a gadget that hacks them or just some C4 or something. It's a universe where technology is basically magic.

Her heavy attack is literally an explosive already, so lol

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
did they remove the quick join? I wanted to see if I could find a match before work, but I do not see the option on the ps4?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

g0del posted:

I've had a handful of times where it almost instantly filled up with all four players being humans. But every time I've seen that, I've either run into the bug where you can never start the mission, or ran into the bug where you get an infinite loading screen on the way to the mission.

I kind of like doing all the story ones alone the first time so I don't have to worry about some rando rushing ahead and skipping parts, but at this point it would be really nice to be able to play with actual people instead of the AI.

So for ps4 pals, be my gamer tag is the same as my screen name here, there's a couple other goons I've teamed with who are cool and good and I've got some irl people to play with too.

Hulk knock up/downs is why I want to kit him out with cold procs. He's my number 2 after widow.

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Sep 8, 2020

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Namaer posted:

what are people doing with black widow? i tried doing an overcharge build but i wasn't getting enough healing and now i'm trying an invisibility build but it feels a little clunky.

SMGs and stun stun stun. Her grapple is perfect for getting in close and quick for a take down.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
gently caress my poor impulse control, dropped 20 bucks to get widow two costumes. Got her gear level at 117 currently!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

TheAgent posted:

normally I'm a sucker for good costumes (please don't look at my fuckin warframe account) but I don't think I've seen a single costume in this game I'd spend a buck on

there's this cool red hoodie in the marketplace I bought along with a grey and red catsuit

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
has anyone found any drops with cosmic?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Fellblade posted:

I really don't understand the mission power ratings. It seems that I level up my power and the missions also increase in power so it's no actual benefit?

This is after I've specifically been in to shops to buy and upgrade gear as high as I can, I've got characters who get killed in 4 hits because every mission is at a minimum +2.

That might also be because of map modifiers. The torpedo status means you can get one or two shotted like nothing. There's a melee damage one too that really makes thinks rough.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I was just looking through the t-shirt varients on Thor and realized that with the "gearhead" version, they had a chance to go with the look from Adventures In Babysitting and hosed it up.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
GIVE ME DARKHAWK YOU COWARDS

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
holy poo poo do you chew through materials upgrading those level 130 equipment pieces

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Right now I'm just focused on getting widow to 150 so I can then decide on what stats and bonuses I'm looking for long term. Is there a farming method for upgrade modules or are they just random loot

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Invalid Validation posted:

Are there any hidden costumes you can’t see on the cosmetics screen?

Yeah the ones in the marketplace don't show up greyed out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
so uh, my level 50 hulk has two extra skill points?