Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Kamala is great. Happy with her in the game.

I think I had the most fun with her and Widow. The others I'm kinda eh on. Hopefully they get other characters out quickly because those two and Cap are the ones that I'll probably just end up using all the time.

Though it's kinda weird to see Kamala as a Carol Danvers fangirl but no sight of Carol at all. Probably should have had her on the team. Maybe the story will explain it.

The size on PS4 was 27GB or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hulk Smash! posted:

Kinda feels like this is the video game (non-ironic) equivalent of this:

Yes, it's my choice to buy it for Playstation. And it's the choice of a new generation.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

At least they're brand skins and not like "you only get this Sam Wilson as Captain America costume if you're a Verizon customer!" thing. It still sucks, but the Spidey exclusivity is still worse.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

OldMemes posted:

I like how Laura Bailey is basically the de facto voice for Black Widow in everything. How is the story, or is that not in the beta?

There's only a couple snippets from the story. Though I think everyone agrees that the Hulk and Kamala story mission is the highlight of the beta.

If the story keeps up like that it should be fine, especially since it did a great job with Kamala.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The story length is also said to be 10-12 hours. They compared it to the length of the recent Tomb Raider games. They also said if you want to do more sidequests that would bump it up to around 30 hours.

But yeah, I don't think I'll be going into the multiplayer thing of this much. Just really want to play the story.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

It looks like it will at least have a satisfying single player story which also puts it ahead of Anthem.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Spidey exclusivity forced me to get this for PS4. I rather would have gone for the PC version since it looks and runs so much better, but... Spider-Man.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah, MUA3 was terrible in how it leveled heroes. You pretty much had to use whoever they gave you toward the end of the game since they were leveled with the enemies. And regular mooks were way too spongey.

If this game rolls out new story missions with each character, that will help it out a lot.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hank didn't look like was playable unless you use a shrinking gun with him. So it's probably Scott Lang Ant-Man that you play as.

I'd say Captain Marvel has to be one of the early characters. She exists in the gameworld, and you can't go too long without Kamala meeting her.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dan Didio posted:

I do not believe this is true.

You're correct. They said it's their own take on Spider-Man. And Marvel has said that the games they're putting out (so just Spider-Man and Avengers right now) are in their own universes.

However it happened, it sucks that Spidey is PS exclusive.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I don't think they'll add X-Men to this. Maaaaaaybe Wolverine. Or Beast since he was an Avenger for a while. But there are a lot more characters who are Avengers that should be added before X-Men.

And the X-Men should get their own game. But that's probably a while off since Marvel was de-emphasizing them until they got the rights back.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Kate Bishop.

Though I'd probably pay for a Kate Beaton addition.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ColdIronsBound posted:

Why didn’t Crystal dynamics use the decades of comic books for likenesses instead of the stunt doubles from the movies.

Also, calling it now that there will be skins for slightly-like-the-game-but-with-‘original’-faces a month after launch.

The faces look a lot better now. Playing the demo I wasn't bothered by them or their outfits, except Cap's still seemed a little off.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Gotham Knights? Nah, the first look was not impressive at all.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

PlushCow posted:

Are any of the movie costumes in the game? It may be a licensing issue ($$$) like the actors' likenesses.

I can't find it now, but I thought that there was a glitch to show some of Cap's skins, and one was close to the First Avenger suit.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah the story so far is really good. Making Kamala the star was a great call.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I think you are all playing Iron Man wrong if you think it's clunky.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dan Didio posted:

You can get some pretty obscene recharges on your abilities provided you have the right gear and upgrades.

My Kamala loves high fiving all the time.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Good Citizen posted:

Is iron mans hulkbuster supposed to be usable by other players? I somehow got into the hulkbuster armor as hulk and it was pretty funny. The meter wasn’t depleting but it kicked me out of it when we got to an elevator ha ha

Yeah, you can let other players use it.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Der Shovel posted:

Heads up: even if you're playing single player, the game does NOT save your progress in missions.

That was a fun discovery.

It does save the loot you got, though. I had a crash during one of the open missions at the last boss and had to redo it, but I still had the loot I got before then.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hammerstein posted:

Help goons, I'm getting my rear end kicked so bad. This is the Thor version of "Worf's a failure".

https://i.imgur.com/qTqwpZo.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/fBvnUSw.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/aAvV9pZ.mp4

In the first one I get hit by a yellow attack and the android seamlessly combos into a red attack. In the second one a white attack knocks me down with no warning and I can't do anything about it. And in the third one that android gives zero fucks that I'm hitting him and his buddy just blasts me away.

It looks like you aren't using your intrinsic ability at all? That first one you had plenty of time to trigger it when the yellow flash came, same with the second. The third you had plenty of warning that the attack was coming but didn't move.

You really should be moving at all times and not standing still. Land a combo then get out. Be ready to hit dodge or use your intrinsic ability when you see any flash. And especially with Thor and Iron Man, use their mobility as much as you can. They're fliers, so get out when you're in trouble.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I have no shame in saying I will pay whatever they want for all of Kate Bishop's stuff.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Her Fraction outfit is definitely in the game, so just a matter of how it's unlocked. It would be cool to see the original Young Avengers one though, and one where she's dressed like classic Clint.

Also one where she's dressed like Hawkeye.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dodging rockets is a little tough because you have to wait until they're almost on you, but also if you keep moving most of the time turrets and lasers won't catch up to you. The canyon sequence I didn't get hit since I just kept blasting forward and didn't try to shoot anything. Turrets are especially slow. The adaptiods and their quick lasers are really the only thing that I think constantly hit me.

And if you're getting swarmed, that's your cue to either get the hell out of dodge or pop one of your specials. Unfortunately Iron Man's Unibeam isn't that great and the field needs some upgrades before it really shines, so you're better off getting a Hulkbuster or flying away so your teammates can help tank mobs. And if the people shooting you are annoying you, fly up on them and you should be able to kill them before they get back up.

Like, this isn't a game where you power through mobs like Dynasty Warriors. You have to keep moving and not get surrounded. And if you are surrounded, use your abilities.

Or just play as Kamala and auto-dodge everything with her intrinsic before spinning and obliterating everyone.

Also I think you want to look for abilities that launch. Those buy you a lot of time to land combos or at least take enemies out for a while until they recover.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

RubberLuffy posted:

Somebody on another forum had this bug happen

It multiplied all the heroes until there were like 20 of them running around

i wish this would happen to me, i want to see it

I'm seein' double! Three Kamalas!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Campbell posted:

How do I finish the dna vault challenge? I just finished campaign and ran Stark Realities a few times - internet said that should do it. There’s a door I couldn’t open as Kamala w/ an access denied terminal so do I just need to do it with Iron Man who I kinda hate playing?

DNA chests are blue chests and you get keys to them by beating human boss enemies, though I don't think I got one when I beat Taskmaster. The missions the faction coordinators give out are supposed to give them but I haven't run one of those yet. The DNA chests are found in the vault missions around the map.

What you ran into was just a regular strongbox hidden behind a door that only Widow or Iron Man can open.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Der Shovel posted:

One small but very annoying feature: it seems to be impossible to switch your hero on the Chimera. I would like to take another character into the next mission, but I would need to buy some gear for them first, and there's seemingly no way to switch characters.

I found some guide that said you can go downstairs from the corridor where all the heroes' private rooms are and access a wartable-like thing where you can change all your heroes' gear and whatnot, but there sure as hell isn't a "downstairs" from there in my game.

You should be able to switch at either the table next to everyone's rooms, or on the war table itself. On PS4 you press the options button and that brings up the character selector.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The game really wants you to beat the story first before going into anything else.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Unlucky7 posted:

I though that all content other than challenge cards and cosmetics were supposed to be free?

Yeah. Challenge cards for new characters and legendary outfits will probably be the big source of income for this.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Nah I've found the best way for those control things is to run around and kite enemies. Let your AI teammates get aggro so you can do the objective.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

This is a lot better than Ultimate Alliance 3.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

You should play through the story missions first before going to the character specific missions.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Ultimate Alliance 3 is on Switch because Nintendo paid to have it made. Avengers would never work on Switch.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

deadly_pudding posted:

I mean, maybe? I think they'll be mutants with the serial numbers filed off like in MCU, though, because they threw out half of the Inhumans lore so that this game could treat them like how Marvel universe generally treats mutants. Although I suppose they could be saving "Black Bolt is super upset about what America did to his people" for a later event.

Eh, the Royal Family living off on the moon and not getting involved could still happen. The resistance symbol closely resembles Black Bolt's too. And I think with the end boss, they're working to expand beyond Earth.

But the best reason to get the family in the game is so that Lockjaw can start hanging around with Kamala.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I'm still in the middle of the campaign, how necessary is it to do these side missions? I'd like to focus on the campaign first if that's possible.

Finish the story first. Nothing goes away.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah I got the bug where campaign outfits were locked. I actually like Kamala's StarkTech uniform and can't use it. Though her Iconic one is spot on.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

TheAgent posted:

normally I'm a sucker for good costumes (please don't look at my fuckin warframe account) but I don't think I've seen a single costume in this game I'd spend a buck on

Kamala wearing a Throg hat is an instabuy.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah I don't really like the daily/weekly challenges. I wish it was just XP based, because I like to switch between characters on missions to level each of them up. But it seems like the game really wants you to pick a character and stick with them.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Invalid Validation posted:

Is it worth going out of your way to get the bonus stuff on the maps?

It's loot, resources, and XP. You don't miss out on any sort of story stuff by not doing them, but if you're trying to collect stuff and/or do challenges, then those help. So just depends on what your goal is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I want human enemies but cap still uses his takedown where he tears their heads off :magical:

That could be bad if they're Hydra