Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

a mysterious cloak posted:

: same:

Game is fun, but... Where's all the stuff to do? I'm already tired of rerunning the same thing.

You're suppose to spend money on useless microtransactions! Goddamnit, you worthless whale! CONSUME! CONSUME!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

Lesson learned: Never buy an ICR-pimped game, ever.

No, NO! The loving lesson is stay the gently caress away from Live Services okay, it's the kiss of loving death for any video game.

They all suck in one way or another, no matter what.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

Masonity posted:

Path of Exile is a GaaS which seems to be doing it right. It's also one of the least offensive freemium games out there. Playing pretty princess dress up is expensive, but all you need to play properly are a few tab upgrades which come to less than a new game anyway.

Path of Exile is FREE, none of the Live SERVICE games have ever been even remotely free. You can play Path of Exile without paying out the nose, you sure as gently caress can't play any of these AAA abominations without sacrificing significant potions of your mortal flesh.

So really bad example there mate, this mess should be compared to Anthem (poo poo), Fallout 76 (loving hell) and the Division 1/2 (Painfully average at best).

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

The Black Stones posted:

Can someone explain why when I’m joining a friends game my damage goes to utter poo poo? My gear stats go down into the 200’s and I do like 10 points of damage per hit with black widows guns. I figure the game would try damage scale but it’s WAAAAY underneath what his is.

Is this a known bug

Edit: I should state that here and there my damage does to normal and I do good. Then it will just delevel the stats again.

To slow you down so you play the game longer?

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah, the story campaign is really good. I think it's worth it.

But if you buy, we get more of this poo poo.

So, why not just watch a let's play of the story instead, save money, send a signal that this poo poo is poo poo!

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

dogstile posted:

He's not wrong. People should stop buying this poo poo so the studios at least pretend to put in effort next time.

It also doesn't help how this keeps happening and the only way to make it stop totally, is to stop buying them, at all.

Even if it goes on sale for a dollar, don't buy it, if you've even been tempted to buy any sort of microtransaction.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

Plus ICR is jerking off over it, so it's already guaranteed to fail

He's like the Alexander DeLarge guy that used to haunt the MMO forum.

Every single game he touched just burned into ashes.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

Orv posted:

Nah, ADL had a 100% miss rate, ICR has at least championed stuff like The Division which is not an everyone thing but have been successful and good.

Poor guy just wants another Marvel Heroes and he's doomed to search the wastes of gaming for it.

I remember trying Marvel Heroes ages ago, It was just a Hack and slash action game, felt like I was playing Diablo, just a lot more colourful.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

Simone Magus posted:

Just add Longshot and I'll buy this dumb game

What? They haven't even gotten X-Men in the drat movies yet, why would they ever slam in Longshot, of all characters, into this rapidly fading game? Wolverine, sure, Longshot, the gently caress?

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

Orv posted:

Don't worry there's also an upgrade for the Xbox X/S, systems nobody can figure out which is which or want!

https://twitter.com/blackninja504/status/1363994104783384576

It's like those ancient Atari advertisements about 128 bit or whatever nonsense, Blast PROCESSING!

Who the gently caress still tries to sell games using Technobabble these days?

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

Pigbottom posted:

Chris Roberts? :downsrim:

Yeah, but nobody outside his lunatic cult takes him serious anymore, well, haven't taken him serious since the Wing Commander movie.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

Necrothatcher posted:

My crackpot theory is that Crystal Dynamics want out and their contract with Disney says they're only obligated to provide support until the playerbase falls below a certain level. Gotta tank those numbers asap before they go bust developing DLC for a couple of thousand players.

There are 450ish playing this on Steam*, if that isn't low enough, what is? Four and a donkey? A Russian chat bot? Walt Disney's frozen mind?

*Yes, yes, we know, more people will be playing this, trapped in the hellscape that is consoles, we know.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

cvnvcnv posted:

For all the lambasting over two Hawkeye up top, not wholly undeserved on a particular level, it is intellectually disingenuous to the fact that despite the dumbass nature of the game it is still one deeply driven and concerned with narrative and Kate --> Clint makes perfect sense, especially given the initial list of proposed dlc characters. Cut that list off at the knees, as is likely the case now, Kate leading directly into Clint is solidified as being truly good and right as far as story.

More, it makes total sense for both Crystal Dynamics and us. Go back to the long list of proposed dlc characters, I don't think anyone is disputing there's an opposite side of the coin character in the inital roster ie War Machine indubitably being of the Iron Man kit, I think everyone expects Black Panther to be of Captain America, Spider-Man of Black Widow, on down the line. If there are truly two similar-yet-different for each character and skill build, introducing a wholly new one first is smart as it expands on what is already there and if that's all there will be ever or just for a time as far as new and unique build kits go, why not go ahead and make the first duplicate the one for the first DLC, the newest and freshest character and kit, one which went over terrifically with fans and critics both when she released? Introduce a cool character, introduce the duplicate kit scenario, push the work they have finished out the door, and be done with that particular kit so they can narrow down their focus and pound out the remaining ones still hanging onto the docket. Another way to ask this, what character would have been better to be our first duplicate and why? I simply cannot conceive of any scenario preferable to double Hawkeye for any reason beyond subjective preference.

It's me, the guy who will advocate for this gorgeous though relentlessly hideous devil.

The big problem about two Hawkeyes, is that one of them ain't in the movies.

That's pretty much it, I know who the other Hawkeye is, most of us here do, but there are people who watch the marvel movies and haven't read a comic book for decades if ever, they haven't got a clue who she is.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

Zaodai posted:

That's actually a really good catch. :thunk:

Also, it would be a surprise to absolutely loving nobody.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet
And the sale is over, game's bleeding players nice and quickly.

It'll be back to a couple of hundreds in no time.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

twistedmentat posted:

It's a good story with serviceable gameplay.

"Serviceable"? Clearly not.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

twistedmentat posted:

When I pushed a button to do something, it did it, so i'd call that serviceable.

I was making a pun about Games as a Service.

Clearly I failed, I sincerely apologize for that, Marvel's Avengers is still total dogshit, nobody will ever apologize for that.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet
It was briefly on sale, 60% off, steam numbers went up to just above 2000.

Well done, I guess at this stage, everyone who wanted to try the single player campaign have pretty much already done it.

I anticipate maintenance mode within a matter of months.

Also, Outriders on Steam? Shedding about a thousand players every single day.

I guess not of these games are...serviceable. :)

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

Fate Accomplice posted:

outriders is explicitly not a live service game so I dunno what point you're making here?

I'm about 10 hours in and nearing the end of the campaign.

Dude, it's a game with always online as a requirement, that means only really one thing, MORE MONEY.

And hey, if it looks like a GAAS, smells like a GAAS and has server issues at launch, well, why wouldn't I call it that.

And honestly, the developers and publishers can call it whatever they want, it matters not.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

dogstile posted:

Can you actually buy anything with real money in Outriders?

Serious question, i completed the game and never saw an option. Always online doesn't mean GAAS lmao

You know what, you've got a point, this is a GAAS, without monetization.

Something somewhere either went horrible right or awesomely wrong, because everything about this mess reeks of a Service, but there is no real monetization beyond a day-one DLC pack on Steam.

So something is clearly off, because the game is still always online, for seemingly no reason at all.

Only logical answer? The monetization is coming down the line and someone wanted to dodge a PR bullet.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

Pretty much.

Also, turns out they did an Anthem and the stats don't matter!

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

DLC Inc posted:

I still maintain the worst decision this game ever made was ensuring any CPU character you don't control in your team, gets zero experience, making it necessary to grind the gently caress out of things to an inhumane level.

Hahaha, that's totally deliberate, by making you grind, you play more, higher chance that the siren song of the microtransactions and cosmetics lure you in.

Standard GAAS Whaling really.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

AccountSupervisor posted:

I think the devs definitely want to retain some of the base they gained from the free weekend so are easing the grind a bit in prep for Wakanda. I am hoping they just permanently buff XP but I have feeling they will keep it this way so they can entice players back with these XP boost events.

So roughly a thousand players that'll be around for a week or two.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Seems weird to be mad and say "people want the game to crash & burn" when the game clearly crashed and burned months ago. It's not childish, it's exactly what happened, and yea they might be making some positive changes, but it's pretty obvious it's not remotely enough to reignite most players interest.

The last Steam sales pushed PC players up to roughly 2000, but that was it, clearly anyone who cared about games like this, have already played it.

Why this haven't been Anthem'ed yet is beyond me though.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

Mechafunkzilla posted:

What does it mean for a game to 'pop off'? Is this a euphemistic reference to orgasm? I'm not sure I want to think about The Avengers 'popping off'.

I think it means "pop it's mortal shell and degenerate away."

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

dogstile posted:

In ICR threads its always the same 4/5 people who don't even like the genre anymore relentlessly making GBS threads on people who are having a good time, then acting weird when they start doing it back.

It's always fun to watch, at least more fun than I had with Avengers/Anthem/Outriders :shrug:

I was right about Fallout 76, Anthem, this poo poo and loving Outriders.

And I will never stop mocking people for buying GaaS and not realizing just how exploitative this bullshit really is.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

Soonmot posted:

Outriders was the fault of the devs not understanding what made the game fun and loving ti up, it's not a gaas. I SHOUld probably give it another chance now that they've made some changes.

Outrider is a GaaS, with all the monetization ripped out, it's walks, talks, smells and farts just like the rest of them, for some odd reason, all the microtransactions have been torn out and thrown away.

It's almost like some bizarre experiment.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

AccountSupervisor posted:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2022/08/18/marvels-avengers-next-hero-is-bucky-barnes-the-winter-soldier-plus-cloning-labs-coming/

-Update 2.6 in September with new Villain Sector

-Update 2.7 by EOY with new hero Winter Soldier and Cloning Labs OLT

-Significant player base growth from Gamepass/PS+ and revenue from skins

-CD has been hiring and growing the development team for Avenegers

-Confirmed content for 2023 and beyond

Dead game!

So either there are insane player numbers on the consoles or the 500ish Steam players that regular play this, are 100% pure whales.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet
Hey, you guys can always go and play that new Suicide Squad game that's just as filled with bullshit as this one was.