Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The beta has a lot of single player content in it, so that is pretty nice. I am kinda unsure how I feel about this combat though and am looking forward to seeing it in multiplayer though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Raged posted:

Really when it comes down to it the lack of crossplay is the most infuriating thing. Being able to play on my PC with my Xbox/PS4 friends has kept a few games on my playlist a lot longer than normal.

PC community in Australia will die out in 3 months.

Cross play is becoming more and more common, but I don't think we'll really start to see it be common place until the next gen consoles are settled into.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

So it sounds like its okay that i'm still on the single player story stuff. :P Just been very busy but hoping to complete that tonight and then spend Saturday and Sunday playing multiplayer.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Weasling Weasel posted:

I like the idea of this, and it isnt as bad as what the previews make it sound (though the vr missions with ai companions are terribly boring), but the beta is fairly buggy. I dont understand how matchmaking is supposed to work, and two missions ive done havent been completable as they bug out, and going back to lask checkpoint doesnt seem to solve it.

Also, it feels a lot more like the Arkham games with Black Widow than it does Hulk

Glad it's not just me. I want to like this game, but there just feels like there is a lot getting in the way of it being the Avengers action game that I was really hoping it would be.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

fadam posted:

What all do I have to do this beta to get the unlockables when it goes live? Just beat the HARM missions?

Good loving luck doing that though. Its impossible to get into any of those missions.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

fadam posted:

I did it solo because co-op is for casuals.

Maybe I better give it a try again before the beta ends. I couldn't even get in solo. Right now I feel like this is going to be another one of those Games as a Service titles where the developer ends up saying, "come back in 9 months, we will release the ultra big patch that redoes everything and makes the game good finally."

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Spider-Man Exclusivity is the least of Marvel's Avengers issues. That sucks, but then you actually play the game and realize you're not missing anything anyways.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ColdIronsBound posted:

So the new NetMarble Marvel game feels like a better game than this - at least the live service stuff is better.

No archers though but it does have CAPTAIN MARVEL! woop

Yeah its extremely embarrassing how much better this mobile MMORPG is. I wish it was on console/PC though, but maybe I can find out how to get it running with Bluestack.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Been hoping this goes on sale again soon, but since Wakanda expansion just recently launched, it might not?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Codependent Poster posted:

What system are you looking for? It's on sale for $20 for the PS/Xbox consoles at Best Buy.

Ah was hoping to get on Steam.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

RBX posted:

They're really copying Destiny's homework

Apparently not doing a good job at it though, at least Destiny got more popular with time and has kept a really large and loyal playerbase. Avengers is less than 1000 players now on average on PC.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ryaomon posted:

In fact it's so successful it's being abruptly put onto game pass tomorrow with no fanfare

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1442851618513465349

Thankfully I bought the game for $20, but still kind annoyed at myself for not just waiting. Ooh well, I am enjoying the game and would rather play it on PC. This is really not that bad of a game anymore, it's just that Square-Enix is taking their sweet time releasing new content, most of it has been cash shop cosmetics. And the Spider-Man expansion being PlayStation exclusive really sucks.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Sep 28, 2021

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

If you have an xbox, give the game a try now. The combat has been seriously improved quite a bit since the closed beta. When I played that beta, that is when I decided to not buy the game, because it felt so awful to play. Those issues have been fixed now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ErrEff posted:

The Game Pass PC/UWP version will not feature crossplay with the Steam version, due to save system differences. Crystal Dynamics confirmed this on the official Discord server. Xbox consoles/cloud and Windows PC only.

Which means the Steam community will not benefit from the game being added to Game Pass! :confuoot:

2,221 peak players in last 30 days - and there's even a 50% sale.

Ouch, that is not good. I didn't realize it was coming to PC game pass as well, but in this case it turns out better I got it for 50% off instead.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Today I finished the main campaign for Marvel's Avengers, and then the Black Panther expansion. Both were good but pretty short.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Father Wendigo posted:

Good news, everyone! When people responded to the the new XP system with "WTF, this grind is ridiculous!", the Devs were listening!

https://twitter.com/VGC_News/status/1446409963589492766?t=tQcqrVewMAaLAqL7vRoF3g&s=19

I played on PC and used a trainer to get around a lot of the grind. Glad I did. Finished the game, so I don't have worry about this anymore.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

So how bad is that new Guardians game? ICR really letting me down here...

It turned out to be really good. It's a very fun game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Diabetic posted:

I'm really enjoying it. May be the PTSD from Avengers, but the game is super smooth, the combat is satisfying and the banter is great between all the guardians. It is pretty much what this game should've been.

Completely agree with this post. Seriously, Avengers would have been really good had it been pretty much just Guardians of the Galaxy, but the Avengers cast with all of the characters in the current Avengers game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The whole NFT thing is incredibly sketchy and weird to me. There's no way i'm buying any games that use it. The entire thing just looks like one big way for companies to further exploit people buying their products.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Spider-Man coming to Avengers after a massive delay, is cool, but its ruined by it being playstation exclusive.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Its not even a good exclusive either, if I have a PS5, the last thing i'm loving doing is playing this game when I have access Spider-Man Miles Morales, which is one of the best games of 2020.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What does the November 30 update include for those who didn't get this game on PlayStation?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Soonmot posted:

Outriders was the fault of the devs not understanding what made the game fun and loving ti up, it's not a gaas. I SHOUld probably give it another chance now that they've made some changes.

Yeah, Outriders is a much better game now, and it's not a GaaS title either. I think people have legitimately been really unfair to Outriders, the devs have said its not a GaaS title even. Even when it first came out, it was still a pretty fun game. The online requirement is hilariously bad though and still needs to be removed, but otherwise it really is a good game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Soonmot posted:

yeah i loved it at launch and wish it had leaned a little harder in the silliness of the one promo side mission with the sniper, it wasn't until things started getting nerfed instead of buffed that I stopped playing

Yeah they reversed course on that and started buffing things again thankfully. Although a bit too late. There was some new content just added, but im too busy with other games now to want to go back to play through it again.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This probably explains why Kamala Khan is the best character in the game. Which isn't say much still, the bar is very low.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Golden Bee posted:

The Spidey voice actor is very bad, he sounds like the nerd character on a underfunded Netflix exclusive. End it doesn’t help that the last guy who did an entire game Spider-Man was really, really good.

I brought this up earlier in this thread, but it's completely laughable and insulting that Spider-Man DLC for Avengers is PlayStation exclusive, when PlayStation already has two really good AAA Spider-Man games with a 3rd one in development right now. No one is going to want to play this trash when Miles Morales is a million times better.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There were probably plans for 2022 - 2023 content, but it likely got canceled.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Finished watching Ms. Marvel on Disney+, and thinking about how sad it makes me that her one video game adaptation is this pitiful game. She is such an awesome character, and I want a video game with her in it and playable, but the options are.... this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Suicide Squad is confirmed yet another Games as a Service title right? So it doesn't matter how good it is (it wont be good), I am not touching it.