Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
12/10 Man Tag
Swole vs Reba
Best Friends vs The Best
Mox vs Darby
View Results

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I think it's clear that AEW gets that they should have a better women's division but also they're not fully confident of the talent pool they have (particularly with corona). And, yeah, a lot of them need more training, there's something going wrong on the training end or the agenting or the scouting. They're not on a par with other TV promotions in that regard and need to really develop it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

oh but seriously I posted:

cody also turned off the crowd sweetening for the main. he is dusty's son

I have come around to Cody's segments being Southern Wrasslin' as gently caress.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Pylons posted:

I think they're planting the seeds for a lot of stories about the women's division in the tag tournament. At least, that's what I noticed when I watched it.

This is the thing that gives me confidence, is that they do have personalities and stories. It's not quite like the Divas Division where there were a lot of women whose persona was "Generic, Hot". I know who Mel and Penelope Ford and Leva and so on are, what makes them different from others.

I also kinda like the shift Allie has. The Bunny was a cool persona but she's thriving without that.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
I do think they know that the women's division is not as good as it could be. That doesn't mean they're taking the best steps to fix it, I think it just means I have a bit more faith that they'll try. There's something wrong in their approach to the women in the company, but it's not like, say, the 2011 Divas division.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Orange Carlisle posted:

I'm sure Bischoff is fine as a presenter or whatever but so far Khan has been smart about not repeating the bad parts of wrestling history and getting Bischoff wrapped up in your poo poo is never a good idea

That's the tricky part. You want to honor and celebrate the fun parts of wrestling history, and the people in it, but some of the people in that history should not be let anywhere near the levers in charge, or even given too much exposure.

I remember the initial pops around Shane McMahon's return. Like it seemed fine at the time, y'know?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

JOHN CENA posted:

veda scott if they can sign her and if they can fix mike bailey's situation would both be really strong gets for the company i feel. i think they should also try to pick up thunder rosa and holidead from the indies if they have plans to introduce a tag division for the women

I would like Veda on commentary more often, she was solid.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

StarkRavingMad posted:

On the other hand, they are doing this 16 woman tournament that is likely an extended tryout for a bunch of people and we still don't know who like half the competitors are. Could be some interesting experienced selections in there if available.

It's also a good way to give some of the less-experienced women some ring time, but they're in a tag so the more experienced people can hide weaknesses if necessary. I think that's a good step and I genuinely enjoyed the episode we've seen so far.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
My feeling is that intergender wrestling *can* work but it's tricky. Nobody wants to watch a long stretch of a man beating up a woman, so that affects the pacing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
I think the important thing is that we beat Hannity