Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Hope they go all the way to the retirement home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Just finished mowing the lawn, I'm a sweaty mess and need a shower but I have to watch Gabe & Yuji batter each other.

PS you should also check the Nakajima vs Kenoh match I linked in the Match of the Year thread, it is real good.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

So glad that Wato came back to save Kojima from having to tag with Tenzan's busted body.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Gedo: "Good news Kojima, you no longer have to carry broken-rear end Tenzan in every match!"
Kojima: "HELL YEAH"
Gedo: "Oh yeah, you're going to be tagging with broken-rear end Honma & 3 bumps per match Makabe instead"
Kojima: :argh:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Today I discovered that AEW has a tag team named after a Tim & Eric bit & of course they do.

Anyway, at least we're getting Ishii & Kojima doing their thing.

Makabe has taken a surprising number of bumps so far

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Woah, Makabe did the job

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Thauros posted:

just woke up, what have i missed?

Opener was good little match with Kidd & Nagata, everything else has been just there. Just the last 3 matches to go.

Have a picture of EVIL looking pretty drat good

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDeRgBrpboV/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Deep Impact!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Wow, Ibushi is a bad friend. His idol has one bad slump & Ibushi considers kneeing him in the pus

No place for bad friends in Suzuki-gun

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

extradite THIS! posted:

Watch out it’s the legit worst fuckin team in pro wrestling

And they are facing Bullet Club

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I predict shenanigans in this match.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Oh look, it's shenanigans.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Yano is making me smile which is about all I could ask from this match

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jado running the ropes sure is a thing

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

That was a decent enough match considering what could've been.

Uhhhh, Okada just challenged Yujiro to a 3 on 1 match lol

https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1291328412095660032?s=20

Perfect response

https://twitter.com/BulletClubIta/status/1291328499861655553?s=20

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

KAZE NI NARE

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Can't believe they made DOUKI tap to that

Oh well, Shingo Minoru Exploding Barb Wire Light Tube 5000 Light Tube Death Match Island match will rule

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Yujiro's counterproposal is, and this is serious, a lumberjack match where all the lumberjacks have belts like Gedo wears and if someone goes outside the ring then all the lumberjacks will whip them with belts like Gedo does.

Not sure what to vote for.

Voting for the option that means Gedo & Jado don't get in the ring seems the best idea.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

That Lariat to Tsuji was beautiful

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

KAZE NI DOUKI

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Look at Okada jumping away to hide from DOUKI. Coward

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Little hints of weirdo Kaz.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Seams posted:

i know njpw refs aren't the sharpest tools in the shed but are we supposed to think they dont care about the missing turnbuckle pad in yano matches or that they for some reason cant see it

We aren't supposed to think about it because it's a silly comedy spot in Yano matches.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

extradite THIS! posted:

ChocoPro just started and the first match is Baliyan Akki vs Lulu Pencil which I’m not going to miss, gonna have to double-fist NJPW and Gatoh Move

This is like tomorrow when I have to choose between a Dragon Gate & New Japan show. Or Sunday when I have to choose between a DDT, Dragon Gate & New Japan show. Or Monday when I have to skip DDT because NOAH are running a title match on Abema for free & no way I miss Shiozaki vs Kenoh.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

extradite THIS! posted:

There’s too much drat pro wrestling, esp. if you also have, you know, other interests. I guess that’s a good problem to have

Oh, it really is. I remember when you'd wait months for the big NOAH shows to become available. Now they are either live like this one (for free!!!) or up on the same day like the Departure shows. It loving rules but also since I follow them, New Japan & All Japan & Dragon Gate there's really not time to watch much else. The occasionally hyped joshi match. But films & TV? Not really outwith watching dumb occasional episodes of US procedurals like Law & Order & NCIS. Also reading less.

But still, better than the alternative.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Rarity posted:

gently caress it I'm on the YOSHI-HASHI train. The boy's due :unsmith:

The best New Japan story is now & forever "YOSHI-HASHI has not ever won a title" & imagine not wanting that to continue

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Personally hoping the old champs who were stripped after EVIL left win the belts back because Takagi 2 Belts rules

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Aesculus posted:

I hope the LUMBERJACK WITH BELTS match wins the fan vote so I can see Jado and YOSHI-HASHI whipping each other in New Japan Pro Wrestling and wait what the gently caress

Horny posting is verboten.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

I've got it on mute because DDT is still on but drat Uemura is amazing

I'm currently pondering how I am able to watch Milano San Remo cycling today, follow my football team Ross County, find time to catch up on the DDT & DG shows & the NJ Cup USA show from last night. And finish off Dragon Age Inquisition. And enjoy the good weather we've been having. Life is complex

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

If I was a Young Lion I'd refuse to job to Yujiro. I should be higher on the hierarchy than that.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

My setup is almost certainly going to come to a head when I need to decide whether to give Endo/Akito or YOSHI-HASHI my full attention

I feel like that's one of the easiest questions ever asked.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

extradite THIS! posted:

G1 STARTS NEXT FUCKIN MONTH Y’ALL

I'm pretty sure NOAH's N1 & All Japan's Champion Carnival are all scheduled to start next month. And the Tour de France.

I'm going to die following wrestling because there's not enough time to sleep

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

They're running Korakuen on my birthday.

LOL at them announcing this against AJPW announcing the Champion Carnival. Way to steal the headlines.

Honestly, based on the quality of the cards since the return, I'm way more hype for CC than G1 this year.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Aesculus posted:

It's also 19, which suggests 10 per block for 9 matches per block plus one day of finals

Wonder who'll replace the overseas-based wrestlers if they aren't allowed back in by then?

Jado. He's in both blocks this year.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

They're running Korakuen on my birthday.

LOL at them announcing this against AJPW announcing the Champion Carnival. Way to steal the headlines.

I'd totally missed them announcing the blocks today. Okay, now I'm extra excited.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I forgot to KAZE NI NARE because I'm thinking about G1, N1 & CC all at the same time. CC is Sept. 12 to Oct. 5, N1 is Sept. 18 to Oct 11.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Aug 8, 2020

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Suzuki's selling the rear end is everything

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I keep forgetting that Gedo is a garbage booker & no Suzuki-teams made the NEVER tournament semi-finals

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

extradite THIS! posted:

KOJI GONNA ANNOUNCE HIS ENTRY TO G1

Or the KOPW, same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Are we getting Kojima vs Despy? Sounds like it. Down for that.

https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1292049189774401538?s=20