Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Those of you who have been waiting for the past 6 weeks for jado to have another featured match will get your wish tomorrow morning. BC team compisition aside, New Japan's tournaments are usually fun and it's good to have some stakes to the korakuens after two very "Road to" shows to start the tour. Even given the limited audience conditions anchoring a quadruple shot in Korakuen Hall is arguably the most important spot the company has ever booked these belts in. No matches aside from the tournament matches themselves have been announced for the other three shows yet but the semi-finals will be on the 8th and the finals on the 9th.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Aug 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

just woke up, what have i missed?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

wonder if shingo's deathmatch challenge will be followed up on today

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

shingo/misu deathmatch could be cool if they deliver on it

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

as of now the only matches annouced for tomorrow are the tournament matches

Summer Struggle 2020
August 7th at 5:30 EDT/10:30 BST
Korakuen Hall

NEVER Openweight Trios Championship Tournament 1st Round:Golden☆Ace and Master Wato vs. Suzuki-gun(Dangerous Tekkers and Yoshinobu Kanemaru)
NEVER Openweight Trios Championship Tournament 1st Round:GBH and Ryusuke Taguchi vs. CHAOS (Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii, and YOSHI-HASHI)

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Full card is out

Summer Struggle 2020
August 7th at 5:30 EDT/10:30 BST
Korakuen Hall

Yuji Nagata vs. Yuya Uemura
TenCozy vs. Yota Tsuji and Gabriel Kidd
CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Toru Yano, and SHO) vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki, El Desperado, and DOUKI)
L.I.J (Naito, Shingo, SANADA, and BUSHI) vs. Bullet Club (EVIL, Togo, Ishimori, and Gedo)
NEVER Openweight Trios Championship Tournament 1st Round:Golden☆Ace and Master Wato vs. Suzuki-gun(Dangerous Tekkers and Yoshinobu Kanemaru)
NEVER Openweight Trios Championship Tournament 1st Round:GBH and Ryusuke Taguchi vs. CHAOS (Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii, and YOSHI-HASHI)

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Of all the things that have happened this year, I'll put the most compelling story being in the tag division as the most surprising

yeah the main tag feud's been fantastic and taichi's come off as a star. obv not a heavyweight contending tag team but i'm also enjoying the tenzan/wato program. between that and the iizuka stuff last year tenzan's been used perfectly lately

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

just caught up. semi-finals tomorrow, as of now the rest of the card has not been released

Summer Struggle 2020
August 8th at 5:30 EDT/10:30 BST
Korakuen Hall

NEVER Openweight Trios Title Tournament Semi-Finals:CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Toru Yano, and SHO vs. L.I.J (Shingo Takagi, SANADA, and BUSHI)
NEVER Openweight Trios Title Tournament Semi-Finals:]Golden☆Ace and Master Wato vs. CHAOS (Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii, and YOSHI-HASHI)

Thauros fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Aug 8, 2020

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

full card for tomorrow's show is out

Summer Struggle 2020
August 8th at 5:30 EDT/10:30 BST
Korakuen Hall

Yuya Uemura vs. Taiji Ishimori
Yota Tsuji and Gabriel Kidd vs. Bullet Club (Yujiro Takahashi and Gedo)
GBH and Yuji Nagata vs. Suzuki-gun (Dangerous Tekkers and Yoshinobu Kanemaru
TenCozy and Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki, El Desperado, and DOUKI)
NEVER Openweight Trios Title Tournament Semi-Finals:CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Toru Yano, and SHO vs. L.I.J (Shingo Takagi, SANADA, and BUSHI)
NEVER Openweight Trios Title Tournament Semi-Finals:]Golden☆Ace and Master Wato vs. CHAOS (Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii, and YOSHI-HASHI)

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

i caught the second half so i'm not eve sure but seeing g-1 dates was a hell of a thing to wake up to

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Without going too far into fantasy booking

Okada
Ishii
Goto
YOSHI-HASHI
Yano
Naito
SANADA
Shingo
Suzuki
Taichi
ZSJ
EVIL
Yujiro
Tanahashi
Ibushi
Kojima
Makabe
Tsuji
Kidd

They are one Heavyweight short. Fale might be allowed into the country

my guess is hiromu replaces a YL. uemura may be more likely than kidd anyway as he's gotten jacked, has senority and is listed at the weight currently

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

SG Bamboo posted:

I know LIJ will probably win this one, but i'm keen for a CHAOS grand final after my Suzuki-gun dreams were dashed. Book Okada to punk out Goto once more for old times sake Gedo, you know you want to

yoshi-hashi being the only veteran on the roster never to win any sort of title amuses me and i hope it continues

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

this is helped greatly by bushi being a guy who has gotten flash pins on heavyweights booked more seriously than yano in the past

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

the major tag program is great but i'm intrigued to see golden☆ace wrestle another face team

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

i was hoping so hard that wato would pin y-h clean eith his move there

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

very good match, boo at the result. can't believe y-h is gonna finally win a title

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

obv we don't know full card yet, i imagine it will be out at around midnight us eastern time like normal

Summer Struggle 2020
August 9th at 5:30 EDT/10:30 BST
Korakuen Hall

NEVER Openweight Trios Title Tournament Finals:CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Toru Yano, and SHO vs. CHAOS (Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii, and YOSHI-HASHI)

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

full card for the finals is out:

Summer Struggle 2020
August 9th at 5:30 EDT/10:30 BST
Korakuen Hall

Yuya Uemura and Gabriel Kidd vs. Bullet Club (Yujiro Takahashi and Gedo)
GBH and Yota Tsuji vs. Satoshi Kojima, Yuji Nagata, and Ryusuke Taguchi
L.I.J (Shingo Takagi and SANADA) vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki and DOUKI)
Golden☆Ace, Tenzan, and Wato vs. Suzuki-gun (Dangerous Tekkers, Despy, and Kanemaru
L.I.J (Tetsuya Naito and BUSHI) vs. Bullet Club (EVIL and Taiji Ishimori)
NEVER Openweight Trios Title Tournament Finals:CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Toru Yano, and SHO vs. CHAOS (Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii, and YOSHI-HASHI)

also, crowd sound might be back in a fashion:

https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1292310160820416515?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

highlight of the day's show for me was hiromu's return but they managed to sell me on y-h finally winning a belt as a nice little narrative for those things after initially rooting for literally any other reasonable outcome