Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Inquisition
Oct 26, 2006
LISTEN TO THIS SHITTY SONG BY MY SHITTY BAND! used tire.mp3
Time Cowboy your zine looks wonderful! What did you use for the binding, washi tape?

I've been calling what I make "zines," but I guess they're more like mock-ups for a zine? I've made a ton of one-off single page zines, but I haven't made the jump to reproduction yet. I feel way more comfortable with traditional media, and am kind of intimidated by the process.

What is the process like for you? Do you make your illustrations in black and white and scan them in? How much editing do you do on a computer? I have a loose background in graphic design, so my instinct would be to use InDesign or something to lay it out, but I know that's not the traditional DIY route.

I'm not involved in the local zine scene at all, but it's something I'm curious about! In fact, last year I was going to base a whole project around zines, but I abandoned it. Here's a silly little youtube video I made about zines, even though I don't know poo poo about them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEFaY5Y5xJo

I'm glad you made this thread, it makes me want to get back into it! I just scanned in a bunch of stuff I made, so I'll post a couple here once I figure out the best way to format them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU