Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
Airplane crashes typically happen within the first 3 minutes of take off and the last 8 mins near landing.

The safest place to sit is where the crew sits, facing the opposite way. The safest place to sit in a crash statistically is right above the wing with the next section being further back.

Airplane maintenance is often done by the lowest bidder. Most plane crashes are due to pilot error.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
but seriously planes are really loving cool and you'll be fine. turbulence almost never brings down planes, I think the last one was in like 1966 but current designs and training should prevent it from ever happening again

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

Nice and hot piss posted:

I did flight nursing for a bit over 2 years and I flew in a King Air 200 and Pilatus PC-12. Even with two emergency landings flying is the loving tits. I miss that job.

Technically per FAA regulations I was considered a "flight attendant" as a part of our part 135 flight operation.

I should let them know so I can push that beverage cart around.

thats loving cool. do you have interest in piloting?

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

bro you're over flaming gorge? is that a WoW expansion?

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

Nice and hot piss posted:

hey thats me! Holy poo poo there are a ton of planes around, I wonder if I should let the PIC know to watch out for other planes. Defensive flying is the best flying

if anything its actually way less than usual

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

low key sex master posted:

this actually makes me feel better because every time I hit moderate turbulence I am convinced it's going to bring down the plane

my flight from Tokyo to home was basically one long turbulence ride and it suuuuuuuuuuucked

yeah i mean we have planes that literally fly into hurricanes now. they're obviously built different but they can withstand a gently caress ton

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

low key sex master posted:

what in the sam hell was he thinking flying straight into a storm?

goes back to the issue of pilot error. some pilots can hide their poo poo records.

like 2-3 years back there was a cargo plane that nose dived into the ground cuz the pilot was a loving idiot and somehow hid his bad record. he hit the 'go around' switch which gives you a slight nose up attitude (gradual increase, doesn't go much further than put you in a 2000 m / min attitude). Theres a phenomena that fucks with your inner ear and it makes it feel like you're going WAY nose up instead so he pushed down and pushed down way too far and kept feeling 'nose up'. He could've looked at this instrument panel and both seen his attitude, climb, if 'go around' was on, buncha poo poo. flew right into the earf

Thats the only scary part of flying, you can get a loving stupid pilot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
glad ur safe pal enjoy