Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

GIMMEL had an extremely big brain, op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I'm trying to remember the LF poster that walked off a bridge after he served a bunch of minors liquor

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

LF fell, DocEvil ate the eggs, etc.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

kingcobweb posted:

my LF knowledge was 07-08 and while it had some great stuff (the political cartoon thread was wonderful) imagine if the hype that CSPAM had for bernie, and shouting down of anyone who didn’t like him, was about Barack Obama instead. insanely embarrassing in retrospect

hold on, your file's a bit corrupted, it's missing the RON PAUL header

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

babypolis posted:

wait when the gently caress did i lose my beuatiful golden tower. what the gently caress is this treachery

it's been doing that for a while now

lately it's been only showing the bottom half

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

upgunned shitpost posted:

there's no way someone like cmdr. shepard became a decent human being and hidingfromgoro tried.

if it's the same guy, we've had and booted Shepard from GOKU for being an absolute piece of poo poo

the angriest motherfucker on comms, also really cares about challenge coins for some reason

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Dreylad posted:

That's the way SA's posting style and content has changed over the last decade more than anything.

I'd be fine if CSPAM annihilated all its megathreads but they'd eventually be recreated.

people would rather be casual and friendly with each other than spending time creating things because they have work obligations or it become their job proper

the world moved on, so that's what's happening now

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

V. Illych L. posted:

also imo the culture has changed from the hard-line rear end in a top hat irreverence into something more prudish and moralistic. LF existed at the death of the old paradigm and so they could turn it against itself; CSPAM is fully within the new one

I think it speaks more to the experiences of people than it does an erosion of culture; that people got wiser and snapped out of things that were impossible or otherwise unreachable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

V. Illych L. posted:

we should be careful about assuming that the cultural values of the moment are "wiser" or more enlightened than those that came before. they're mostly just answering different needs. eventually the cultural neuroses of our own moment will be exposed, and the culture will shift again. history does not progress in a linear manner, and human morality is a very flexible thing; it adapts to the conditions of its time and place.

I agree with this, sensibilities change