Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

This game's spritework sure is something else. Between the Leaf recolour being too big for the Trainer Card, her sudden turning into a bad Dawn recolour for starting a battle, and the Gym Leader...well, it's not very impressive, to say the least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

What's up with the broken character before the losing quotes? That doesn't happen in the actual games so I wonder how it happened here.

Talking about broken characters, all your é are broken.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Do you have to face the legendaries with the Safari Zone rules too? Because that sounds horrible even for a fangame.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I really like the editted sprites here. They're made to actually resemble to some extent their namesakes, which is always super neat, and they look pretty unique.

Can't say the same about the originals though.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The exception to this is the Mystery Dungeon series, where multi-hit moves are extremely destructive but also not so accurate to make up for it.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I really don't get why you have to give up one rod for the other. That's not how it works in any Pokemon game.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I love how horrendously inconsistent Apollo's sprites are. Long or short hair, serious or happy? Who knows!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Wait, a trade for Absol? Not a bunch of Wild Absols that constantly appear in your way to make it clear that poo poo is always hitting the fan because this is a dark and mature game unlike those games for babies?

Is this really a fangame?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The easy level up option is nice, and I'm curious about how the rest work. It seems a lot of effort went into this.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

In the main games, Gym Leaders will always use their healing items once their Pokemon's health goes yellow I believe, regardless of which Pokemon it is. So if that's happening here too, then that's normal AI behaviour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Commander Keene posted:

I like the idea that there's a Gym Leader that's just a berserk mine guard robot, but it makes whoever's running this Pokemon league look like a moron.

Also welcome back! I hope you'll forgive me if I say that I do not remember a single thing that's happened in this fangame and a recap would be much appreciated. :eng99:

I agree with this. A recap would be nice because there were a lot of fangame threads back in the day and I don't remember what happened here or not.