Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Rob

musicals are garbage
I remember the movie wasn’t bad except for the Jamie Kennedy stuff. like I get what they were going for but I don’t think anyone respected Kennedy at all and it showed. so whatever point they were trying to make was lost because nobody cared about being a dick to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob

musicals are garbage

Khanstant posted:

at the same time, dude's been paid to make art for most of his adult life and despite being a punching bag, still gets work and still has fans.

Also his ugly art style back then is unique as hell and that alone makes it ripe for eventual re-appropriation or re-visiting eventually. Like how sometimes old 80s and 90s anime that look fugly as hell back then are actually pretty dope today, even if it's often just in the form of some small loop in some kind of "wave" music video.

I mean truly when I think about comics in the 90’s I immediately think of Rob Liefeld art. he legit defined an entire era of comics and there’s something to be said about that.