Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Chewbecca posted:

ITT I'm watching The Heckler: everyone's a critic starring Richard "Lowtax" kyanka

Goodness gracious

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Coolness Averted posted:

yeah, like I don't think the guy is funny but it sucks that people can be that mean about it.
I always bring up notable not good comic book artist rob liefeld who had the signature 90's style, and still gets work today while still not being particularly good at drawing non-fist hands or feet so often puts them outta frame or behind things. The guy was literally a teenager who sent some decent fan art (especially considering he had 0 actual training) and then was offered work by the major studios, and was such an incredibly hard worker who consistently could get stuff done he got a massive career, ancd his art was everywhere. He continues to turn stuff in, and in general is a pretty pleasant person. Nerds are obsessed with getting zings in at cons or whatever though when he's on panels or signing stuff.

Like he's objectively not a good artist, and it kinda sucks that instead of getting encouragement to go to art school he became a 'rockstar' of an era we're all embarrassed by, but it's not fair that he's our collective punching bag for it.

Im not sure art school would have helped. It sets an ok foundation and makes you work, but the dude's been doing art for decades and he still can't draw. However, I am happy that he gets to do what he loves and is good natured about it.