Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Tim Whatley posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptlYwNLW5-s

The best part:

He borrowed the money to buy it.

This guy looks like he’s simultaneously both 20 years old and 60 years old

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Hes just trying to get that Christmas Morning(tm) feeling.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

StabMasterArson posted:

This guy looks like he’s simultaneously both 20 years old and 60 years old

i tried to think if anything makes me as happy as that guy is in that video..and i think it's just when i buy weed tbh

not sure which of us is living life correctly :negative:

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

My Lovely Horse posted:

Is there one of Hitler, and followup question, is there one from a movie of someone playing Hitler that is indistinguishable from one of Hitler? Trying to figure out where they draw a line, if anywhere.

You'll have to wait until they do a Ron Mael Funko Pop.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

During the Beanie Baby craze, my best friend's mom was deep into it and convinced they would pay for his college later on. She fought tooth and nail to get every single Beanie Baby, and had them in glass display cases. I'll never forget being at his birthday party at Chuck E Cheese. His mom handed him a few small gifts and said to open one of them last. That one turned out to the the Princess Di special limited edition (it was a purple bear with a white rose on it) , which she had paid $100 for because they were extremely hard to find. He opened it, kind of gave a confused look, and she yanked it out of his hands. "I don't want it to get dirty." It went in the display case with all the others.

Three years ago we were going through a bunch of stuff he had in storage from his mom. Sure enough, we found several containers full of all of those beanie babies. She had never sold any of them. The Princess Di Beanie Baby was tossed in with all the others.

I believe he sold off the entire collection (literally hundreds of them) for a few hundred bucks at most.

Uh the Princess Diana bear is actually the one that is valuable. You sure it was that one and he only got a few hundred? Because that one is worth a cool $10,000.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

pixaal posted:

Uh the Princess Diana bear is actually the one that is valuable. You sure it was that one and he only got a few hundred? Because that one is worth a cool $10,000.

Lol if it was

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Important thing there is you got the crossover of beanie baby lunatics and Princess Diana lunatics who need just that and the commemorative Princess Diana revolver to complete their collection.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.
My mom also collected beanie babies and had a closet absolutely full of them. I helped her gather up and sell almost all of them about 4 years ago but she still has some of the bears, including the dianna bear.

We took it to an appraiser once and guess what? There are several versions of that bear! The vast majority are worth around 5 to 10 bux. There's like, a handful that are different (somehow) that are with 1000 or a million or whatever, but I can guarantee no normal person has one.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/entertainthis/2017/08/16/how-much-is-the-princess-diana-beanie-baby-worth/552426001/

On topic: I have one funko pop figure that was given to my wife and I as a gift from a French couple who stayed with us at our house for a few days (airbnb, not just strangers crashing on our couch).

We have a small stuffed fox that we bought at inari jinja in the guest room so they bought us... Retsuko. Because they thought she looked like a fox.

They didn't know what funko pop's were either. It was very nice of them and they were cool.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

pixaal posted:

I asked him and I guess he held on to that one, but it is one of the ones that isn’t worth that much due to being produced later in the run or something.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

This is making me feel bad for owning about 10 Amiibos but at least those look like the characters and serve some (small) function.

Giggle Goose
Oct 18, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

This is making me feel bad for owning about 10 Amiibos but at least those look like the characters and serve some (small) function.

Eh I wouldn't feel bad about owning a few little things like that. Even the Funko Pop things wouldn't be too bad if you had like one or two of them. On the other hand those mega collector people are something else. That video earlier of the dude who bought 15k worth of the things was downright physically uncomfortable to watch, even for the few minutes I had it up.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Ghost Leviathan posted:

IIRC the bottom's dropped out of sports cards partly because of the usual problems but also because literally no one under 50 cares about them and all it takes is a few kids selling their dead dad's collection on Ebay to flood the market.

Father in-law unloaded a shitload of supposedly valuable baseball card sets on me a few years ago and told me to sell them. I couldn't loving give them away lol

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Of course even hitler is cute when he has big head like baby.

Strumpie posted:

people like toys with big heads because it reminds them of babies where bigger the head the better.

:biotruths:

???

what are you trying to pull, Funky See Funky Do

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

KillerJunglist posted:

We have a small stuffed fox that we bought at inari jinja in the guest room so they bought us... Retsuko. Because they thought she looked like a fox.
I really strongly don't like them but the main reason for that is because they fit everything that makes a character design unique into a neat marketable template, but Retsuko's already got the Funko Pop proportions and design anyway so sure. That's like the one character where it works.

(Obviously I'd still treasure any Funko Pop gifted by a guest. I mean, come on.)

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

PinheadSlim posted:

Father in-law unloaded a shitload of supposedly valuable baseball card sets on me a few years ago and told me to sell them. I couldn't loving give them away lol

I got lucky to find a used game dealer who took older boardgames and baseball cards and Lego kits. They paid shipping and a value >0 and seemed motivated to re-home them. Win win all around.
Almost all books went to the local library fundraisers. I gave anything nerdish or humorous to fellow goons.

No takers for coins, though. I wonder how many hundred years it'd take for bicentennial quarters to be worth at least $0.26 each.
Also German language novels 18th and 20th century. Even schools didn't want those.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

My Lovely Horse posted:

I really strongly don't like them but the main reason for that is because they fit everything that makes a character design unique into a neat marketable template, but Retsuko's already got the Funko Pop proportions and design anyway so sure. That's like the one character where it works.

(Obviously I'd still treasure any Funko Pop gifted by a guest. I mean, come on.)

Yeah, the TV head guy from Saga looks okay in that format, but the rest of the line not so much. Not that I own any, but if I was going to, it'd be one like that.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

There are multiple people now in a bidding war for the Guy Fieri Funko.

The joke was barely worth it at 10 dollars, I suppose it was not meant to be :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Drive it up to at least 69 dollars, your plastic gods demand it