Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
They're cute. Look at Vegeta. His head is big like a baby's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
What's a beanie baby?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
They also perform a social good in that if you don't collect them you get a small self-esteem boost.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
In another thread there was mention of one worth $2500 so I looked up what the most valuable ones are and now I'm depressed.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

DickParasite posted:

Share with the class you tease

Well I guess it mostly involves feelings of really low self worth and hopelessness about the future. There's a general lack of motivation which has a physical aspect to it. Like I don't want to do anything because I don't have any energy and I don't have any energy because I don't want to do anything. I kind of withdraw into myself and stop going out as much. When it gets really bad there are thoughts of self harm. It's something I've dealt with to some degree since I was a teenager but I usually have it pretty under control. Except when I see things like little plastic pieces of garbage that are worth thousands of dollars and I just can't understand it. It's like I'm an alien or something. Like wtf is going on is anything even real?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

DickParasite posted:

You know what makes you briefly forget that gaping hole inside of you?

Buying things. Get in it champ.

Anyways to answer your question each of these have been sold for $20k or more.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Our grandkids will be collecting water from puddles.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

kntfkr posted:

You sound depressed and I think you should play Disco Elysium in attempt to pull you out of it.

I was but I re-read the cow fucker thread and so now I'm happy again.

DickParasite posted:

I was thinking about picking up another rolex but this seems like it would be a better use of my money. Who's the second guy anyway?

edit:Google says it's "Freddy Jamie Lanister" I don't know what the gently caress that means.

Neither do I my friend, neither do I.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Ever since last night I've had this Russian woman in my head saying "They have big head. Like baby."

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

houstonguy posted:

Imagine how even the most frightening of nightmares would instantly be forgotten upon opening your eyes and looking at your Funko collection, safely watching over you mere inches from your bed.

Edit: Jesus, scrolling through r/funkopop to find content for this thread really emphasizes how unimaginative both the figures and the people who collect them are. Just post after poster after post of identical boxed Funko Pops, titled either “Stopped by Hot Topic and couldn’t believe what I found!” or “Mail call!”

Looks like a vending machine in a movie theater foyer.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Chewbecca posted:

It's called interior design sweetie, look it up

Pssh, don't @ me. My whole place is carpeted like this:

What do you have? Polished slate or some poo poo?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
The heads don't bobble do they? The whole thing is pretty much static? 'Cause if they bobbled I could see the appeal in collecting a couple of thousand of them then standing by the display cabinet and giving it a gentle nudge. I could see that being really satisfying and relaxing.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Tim Whatley posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptlYwNLW5-s

The best part:

He borrowed the money to buy it.

I skipped to a bit and he said "one of my patreons is a big spider wars fan so she gets first dibs" implying - HEAVILY IMPLYING that people are paying him to collect funko pops. :mad:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
With Warhammer stuff if you were just to make a mold and cast your own figures - would you be allowed to play with them or would people throw an absolute shitfit about it?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Jawdins posted:

don't doxx me... I thought goons were united

Yes. United in our hated of goons.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Vim Fuego posted:

Yeah, people can stop posting about funko pops and other vinyl trash. I've moved on to 'Wade Whimsies'

which are for discerning people and tea drinkers only

Huh that sort of looks like the same style as this little lamb I had as a kid.

Which as it turns out was a Wade Whimsy.

Funky See Funky Do fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Aug 13, 2020

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
What's the lowest bar anyone has had to pass to become a funko pop?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Would you funko me? I'd funko me.

..... goodbye horses.....

Wow now that's dedication. Building a whole house so he walls are exactly high enough to store your Funko Pops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Of course even hitler is cute when he has big head like baby.