Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Because they are cute. They don't have IT Crowd ones so gently caress em tho

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

kntfkr posted:

I think it's like Stargate Atlanta in that you have to be on the spectrum to enjoy funkopops. They have the same goddamn booth every year at NY Toy Fair and I hate them and Doctor Albert Funko can go gently caress himself. There's nothing so lovely that they won't license and jam into their horrible aesthetic. Also I think we did this thread at least once before.

I buy nothing ever and never will but I assume they are literally designed specifically to twang the "babycute" spot in human brains.

Big head compared to body, big wide apart eyes, frail neck. So it's something we have a preconceived visual image of made infantile.

That's it, but it's genius enough to work

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

It had to be done

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Target Practice posted:

I have this one and this one only because jaws is my favorite movie, look at the teeny air tank:

Yes it is cute but the teeth look like a Doberman/4th grader hybrid :buddy:

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Big Beef City posted:

This is who I am now.

Now?

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Valko posted:

I think a fun idea for a thread like this might be to find some nerdy pop-culture thing that hasn't been made into a funkopop.

They would not enjoy the thread. I considered it once. I did just make Moss from IT Crowd for fun and he is kinda cute imo

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Strumpie posted:

noted beautiful man Richard Ayoade is 'kinda cute' or TV character Moss is 'kinda cute'?
either way the answer is yes so i'm not sure why i asked. probably so i can post this.

e: i see now you meant your spinsterpop rendition was kinda cute to which is say ehhh. (it's the hair that does it)

He's gorgeous

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Khanstant posted:

Is that really your assessment of the style? Is that what they were ever going for?

i figured the funko template was intentionally ugly, so they could convince a wide variety of IPs to agree have Funkos made without competing with official/first-party good-looking licensed merch. if the template was itself charming or desirable, X company might as well make their own good-looking stuff

Yes, and I think that it is a kinda known fundamental configuration. See Hello kitty

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Chrs posted:

I own like 2 funko pops, I decided to see if they were worth anything and apparently this dumb piece of poo poo that I have is worth $200. Thats going straight on eBay lol

That's genuinely cool
Congrats goon
:)

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Sunswipe posted:

Fidget spinners really made me realise how much bullshit archaeologists talk. Imagine the bomb dropped right now, then a thousand years later someone is pawing through the dirt and trying to reconstruct our civilisation. There'd be fidget spinners loving everywhere. Cheap ones, expensive ones, elaborate ones, ones made of precious metals, ones inlaid with precious stones, some found near children, some near adults. It would be so easy to say "These were clearly items of great significance in the lives of early 21st century people. They must have held some great religious significance to be so prevalent and valued." Nope, they were a fad. People are stupid. They've always been stupid. Now everytime I hear of some weird archaeological find where experts don't know what it is, but it MUST be important because of the materials used or something, I just think "Fidget spinner."

Ha those floss picks are some kind of personal defensive weapon or maybe IUDs

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Easy to clean too

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

My Lovely Horse posted:

Is there one of Hitler, and followup question, is there one from a movie of someone playing Hitler that is indistinguishable from one of Hitler? Trying to figure out where they draw a line, if anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

A custom made one I guess, looks kinda cute :ohdear: