Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific

Ralph Crammed In posted:

I'm not even sure if it is acne I have because I don't get the white pus type of zits, just a spread of rough red bumps.

Have you had any side effects from the Differin?

Sounds like you might have blind pimples or worse case scenario nodular acne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Roleplaying Dad posted:

Sounds like you might have blind pimples or worse case scenario nodular acne.

They don't hurt at all. Other than looking awful they don't do anything.

The more I think about it the more I realize I'm going to have to bite the bullet and see a dermatologist if I want to get anything accomplished.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
Differin is over the counter in the US. I use it twice a week 3 weeks a month and every other day during the grease times. It turns your skin cells over faster which really cuts down on the hormonal acne for me.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Roleplaying Dad posted:

You ever start a day just having bled through... everything? Of course you have; we all have. My whole day is poo poo now.

Fond memories of the time I dealt with everything in the toilet (which in my house is a separate room), then went into the bathroom to clean up, came back and glanced sideways and saw a red handprint perfectly planted on the toilet wall, like a sign of the previous victim of a horror antagonist

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Hutla posted:

Differin is over the counter in the US. I use it twice a week 3 weeks a month and every other day during the grease times. It turns your skin cells over faster which really cuts down on the hormonal acne for me.

I just googled it and it's over the counter here as well. I am going to order some and see if that helps.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Roleplaying Dad posted:

You ever start a day just having bled through... everything? Of course you have; we all have. My whole day is poo poo now.

The best time for this to happen is around 3 a.m. It just so much fun cleaning up a giant mess while half-asleep and knowing you'll struggle to get back to sleep once you're done :(

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

My period is imminent because all the negative thoughts trickled down my spine to my butt and now I'm pooping my brains out.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

That's the best explanation for period shits I've ever read

I didn't have a period this month but am apprently not pergananant...guess I partied too hard in Vegas and my body was like hmm no a bad time to try and be fertile

Blackmore
Dec 28, 2012

Catch the Rainbow
last month I was spotting for like, 21 days then had an 8-day period (they're usually 4 or 5). Never had that happen before. This month is looking to be more normal thankfully, but I did wake up to pain feeling like someone detonated a bomb inside my pelvis.

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Ralph Crammed In posted:

I'm not even sure if it is acne I have because I don't get the white pus type of zits, just a spread of rough red bumps.

Have you had any side effects from the Differin?

That sucks, my sympathies.

I had/have some skin sensitivity, like the skin round my eyes is sometimes sore to the touch even though I don’t put the cream there.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Face update, if anyone is interested -

So my doctor's office implemented this great new policy over the past few covidy years to cut down on in person visits where if you have a skin problem you can call the assistant, describe it and the symptoms and she'll ask a few questions, and then you can whatsapp them a pic of it and the doctor will look at it when he has a moment. So I called up, described it, and sent a photo this morning and they called me back a few minutes ago.

Turns out I have rosacea - which from a little bit of research isn't something that is caused by birth control but can be made worse by pregnancy/birth control hormones. I have had what I thought was just oily and sensitive skin but I've probably just had rosacea for years now (I think my dad has it as well to a lesser degree) and never knew until the doctor looked at it.

I'm getting a prescription cream for it tomorrow and hopefully in the not-too-distant future I'll be known at school pickup as "that fat, loud American" as opposed to "that fat, loud American with bad skin."

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe

TriggerHappyMarie posted:

Idk if there is still a ‘weird poo poo your partner does’ thread, but I think this anecdote would fit here.

Boyfriend comes up to my office to make sure I take a lunch break when I work from home; gives me a hug, but pulls back with a suspicious look on his face, and says, “do you have cromps? Your cromp area is warm. It’s radiating heat.” Waives hand in a circular motion gesturing to my pelvic region and says, “Cromps.”

The end.

I can't stop giggling about this

c r o m p

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Pookah posted:

The best time for this to happen is around 3 a.m. It just so much fun cleaning up a giant mess while half-asleep and knowing you'll struggle to get back to sleep once you're done :(

This is exactly why I switched to incontinence underwear for overnight. If I get a flooding incident I may have to get directly into the shower in the morning (even before using the toilet) but my sheets are fine. The massacre is contained. I'm murdering the earth, but I'm okay with that.

Now that I'm 52 and menopause still hasn't shown up (wtf) I've gotten lazy and often wear them during the day too. Which turned out to be amazing this week when I was 15 minutes from home and became violently ill with norovirus. I assumed the gurgling was the onset of period shits and I needed to get home, but it was not just period shits and I did not make it home. I know goons are generally pro-pants shidding, but it ruins your day a lot less if you happen to already be wearing a "diaper" when it happens. So that's a plus, I guess?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

TriggerHappyMarie posted:

Idk if there is still a ‘weird poo poo your partner does’ thread, but I think this anecdote would fit here.

Boyfriend comes up to my office to make sure I take a lunch break when I work from home; gives me a hug, but pulls back with a suspicious look on his face, and says, “do you have cromps? Your cromp area is warm. It’s radiating heat.” Waives hand in a circular motion gesturing to my pelvic region and says, “Cromps.”

The end.

You're hot today baby.
Thanks, I tried a new moisturizer
No, I mean you are hot. Are you sick?

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Ralph Crammed In posted:

Turns out I have rosacea - which from a little bit of research isn't something that is caused by birth control but can be made worse by pregnancy/birth control hormones.

glad you got a diagnosis! Hope the prescription cream helps :)

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe

Facebook Aunt posted:

This is exactly why I switched to incontinence underwear for overnight. If I get a flooding incident I may have to get directly into the shower in the morning (even before using the toilet) but my sheets are fine. The massacre is contained. I'm murdering the earth, but I'm okay with that.

Now that I'm 52 and menopause still hasn't shown up (wtf) I've gotten lazy and often wear them during the day too. Which turned out to be amazing this week when I was 15 minutes from home and became violently ill with norovirus. I assumed the gurgling was the onset of period shits and I needed to get home, but it was not just period shits and I did not make it home. I know goons are generally pro-pants shidding, but it ruins your day a lot less if you happen to already be wearing a "diaper" when it happens. So that's a plus, I guess?

....52... and you're not yet released from hell... I'm 42 and annoyed that my uterus still wants to contribute to the census, knowing I may still have another loving decade of this poo poo is galling

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Ask your moms if you can. My mom was like clockwork until 55 :waycool:

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific
I would like to hear about the parties people threw when the Dr. confirmed the baby maker was closed for business.

My mom says that hot flashes never go away in our family, so I'm thinking I'll just have a DJ instead of a live band.

You know, I had a pretty great sex education growing up. TV in the 90s and several years of actual education at school (I went to a nonparochial private school :smug: which meant we got legit science education) but I still don't remember ever learning much about menopause. I just came home from college one day and mom bit off the head of anyone who dared touch the thermostat.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Pyrtanis posted:

....52... and you're not yet released from hell... I'm 42 and annoyed that my uterus still wants to contribute to the census, knowing I may still have another loving decade of this poo poo is galling

It seems especially galling that even if I wanted to get pregnant I almost certainly couldn't, the eggs don't stay good this long. So what's the point? Just give up and close down the shop already.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Pyrtanis posted:

I can't stop giggling about this

c r o m p

loving hell me too. My mom asked me what i was watching that I kept cracking up over something and mentioning CROMPS.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I showed a buddy that post and 'cromps' is in our vocabulary now, utterly ruined

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I'm terrified I'll be on my loving period while I'm travelling for my first ever solar eclipse and I wish I could induce it early.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

I'm terrified I'll be on my loving period while I'm travelling for my first ever solar eclipse and I wish I could induce it early.

Can you get norethisterone from the doctor? It pauses your period. I've seen it given on prescription here in the UK.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Try to time it so you start your period during the eclipse I think that's how you become a bogwitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hopes Fall
Sep 10, 2006
HOLY BOOBS, BATMAN!

Can you watch the eclipse from a pool?

I mean. According this guy I went to college with, a woman's body automatically turns off her period when she's in water. It's evolutionarily protective, duh.

Problem solved!