Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Sorry if that came off as rudeness directed at you, I just meant that sometimes it feels like female medical issues are looked at as deviations from a perceived norm, like women are just being difficult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I’m having the worst cramps I’ve ever had with a period rn and the heating pad is helping but it’s like, needles and pressure. I’m also angry and screaming and AAAAAAAAAAAA

Like I feel like I’m thirteen unreasonably stressed and mad and loving aching. Holy poo poo what is the freak period

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

teen witch posted:

I’m having the worst cramps I’ve ever had with a period rn and the heating pad is helping but it’s like, needles and pressure. I’m also angry and screaming and AAAAAAAAAAAA

Like I feel like I’m thirteen unreasonably stressed and mad and loving aching. Holy poo poo what is the freak period

Since I passed 40 and entered into the exciting realm of the perimenopause my periods have gone loving apeshit like I'm 12 again. It sucks.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

teen witch posted:

I’m also angry and screaming and AAAAAAAAAAAA

Like I feel like I’m thirteen unreasonably stressed and mad and loving aching.

:same: gently caress this gay earth

Ayin
Jan 6, 2010

Have a great day.
it's the week before my period and I can't stop sleeping, help

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Jesus Christ I just had the biggest clot I have ever seen. I'm on day three of my period (but because of my birth control who knows how long it's going to last) and yesterday I was using my cup pretty much all day until I started getting a weird cramp right in the center of my uterus. Normally I get them all over the place but this one was just super localized. I thought maybe my cup was rubbing on me the wrong way so I took it out and went without over night, but I still had the weird cramp all night and then got nausea on top of that. I had some really greasy food so I figured maybe I was just getting too old to eat like that and that maybe my period was just changing with age so I wasn't too worried. Then this morning I felt like had an air bubble trying to come out but was stuck so I checked everything and this clot the size of my goddamn thumb just plopped out. My weird cramp and nausea is gone at least, but what the actual gently caress. I'm going to keep an eye on myself in case the rest of my uterus decides to vacate my innards, but drat.

I only started using a cup my last cycle, but can they cause anything like that? Because goddamn that was so weird.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Pookah posted:

Sorry if that came off as rudeness directed at you, I just meant that sometimes it feels like female medical issues are looked at as deviations from a perceived norm, like women are just being difficult.

Ah, ok. No worries!

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Soysaucebeast posted:

I only started using a cup my last cycle, but can they cause anything like that? Because goddamn that was so weird.

I can't see how! Might just be one of those weird things that happens sometimes. If it happens more than once maybe have a quick word with the GP in case your blood clotting is wonky but otherwise, nah. That must have been startling to see.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Yea, I figured blaming the cup was probably not right. I think mine is a little too firm because it leaves me sore after I remove it (I've got a softer one coming to test) and I thought maybe it was scrapping the lining off and rolled into that big-rear end clot or something. I figure if it happens again or I get any weird symptoms I'll call my gyno, but as of right now I'm not going to worry about it. I don't plan on having kids ever, so if the entire uterus just wants to dissolve itself and pop out, I'm ok with that.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
This is my first WHOLE post-BC period, and oh my god I completely forgot about my pre-BC flow. Soooooooooo much blood. It's manageable during the daytime with an army of super-plus tampons, but my period laughs at overnight pads.

edit:

Soysaucebeast posted:

Then this morning I felt like had an air bubble trying to come out but was stuck so I checked everything and this clot the size of my goddamn thumb just plopped out.

Generally speaking, during non-BC times, I always get one of these per period. Like, I'd get little clots too but one time -- usually on the second or third day -- I'd pass the Omega Clot. Yet another period-related thing that I thought was normal.

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Mar 22, 2021

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

I've never had anything like that with a cup! If you're new to using one then it will likely stop hurting taking it out after a while of doing it, your body will get used to it. Soft cup might help too, but when I tried one I was too annoyed with how hard it was to get it to open up.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Oh period, you're such a prankster.

Mum, from the bathroom, "Have you started your period?"
Me, "No? I don't think so, why?"
Mum, "There's blood on the floor."
Sure enough! Thanks buddy. -.-

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Just thought I'd leave this here:

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Are those specially made period panties worth it?

Pitcher Witcher
Jan 13, 2020

From the CSPAM covid thread.

Pingui posted:

Someone talked about menstruation as it relates to getting vaccinated:

quote:

https://www.theverge.com/2021/4/9/22374523/covid-vaccine-period-heavy-survey
One side effect of the COVID-19 vaccine could be a heavier period
A newly launched survey is trying to find out

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

So far I've just had raging PMS this cycle but I'll report if anything is really out of the ordinary I guess lol.

Classic Comrade
Dec 24, 2012

(hair tousled from head shaking during speeches)
the week i get my second moderna shot will also be the first full week off of the pill so that'll be an interesting mix of potential-weird-menstruation moments

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Classic Comrade posted:

the week i get my second moderna shot will also be the first full week off of the pill so that'll be an interesting mix of potential-weird-menstruation moments

Doing a reset eh?
:haw:

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Had the vaccination while it was going and no changes, stopping earlier than normal if anything. (Mostly because I lost the last 3 days to fever)

Anyone elses eyes go to poo poo with floaters a week before? It's been super bad lately...

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

I spent several days with heart palpitations occurring quite frequently and did some more reading and then ate a couple of bananas and, yeah. Lack of potassium can make that much worse. And I don't like bananas but I despise palpitations, so now I eat some greenish bananas on the weekend and the frequency has dropped significantly.

Everything is exacerbated by everything else and it's just exhausting.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Does anyone else have weird mouth issues around their period? I was thinking about this the other day because I just noticed that I tend to get really bad dry mouth sometimes during my period plus canker sores.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Sitting here and my lips are cracked to poo poo for just that reason.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

I have been cramping every single day since last Thursday, with a cycle starting on Friday. I am usual a day of cramper, so this is very annoying.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

I just love getting a yeast infection the day after my hell ride period ends, it's the best!

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/kasiababis/status/1383002842034757634

Can we as a species just agree that people who have never had a period don’t get to invent period products? Thanks.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Wednesday - hellcramps. checked tracker. Only day 26! For me that's way early. Hmm.

Thursday - ADHD meds not really working. Out of sorts, cross, sad. Hmmmmm.

Early hours of Friday morning - OH HELLO. Hello. Thanks. Thanks for turning up.

Looking back my last few cycles in days are 30, 31, 45, 28, 11 (this was a weird one but I think more a very long period), 33, 43, 28

Perimenopause is a drat trip. Just random! I need to start listening to my symptoms.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

hopeandjoy posted:

Can we as a species just agree that people who have never had a period don’t get to invent period products? Thanks.

I would adore to be this stupid, self-absorbed and egotistical for even 5 minutes. I would invent so much stupid crap, like an invisible hairnet to prevent bugs sticking to your hairgel.

(That's copywrited, no grabbsies)

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

hopeandjoy posted:

I just used vinyl or nitrile gloves, bought from hardware stores or medical supply stores.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Man when I think of the occasional explosions of blood carnage that go on in my house. No glove is going to solve a red handprint on the wall because you dealt with everything before you were properly awake and didn't notice.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

lol just lol if you don't destroy your shower while cleaning your menstrual cup barehanded

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I'm going to break into their houses and use their showers for this purpose

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

coronatae posted:

I'm going to break into their houses and use their showers for this purpose

<:mad:>

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

I'm sure I've said this before, but I always lol at old crime dramas where the hardass investigator goes into a bloody crime scene with a fainting young female witness and hopes she doesn't know what that iron-y smell is.
Like, my dude, she probably already knows to within an hour how long ago the drat blood was spilt.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Pookah posted:

I would adore to be this stupid, self-absorbed and egotistical for even 5 minutes. I would invent so much stupid crap, like an invisible hairnet to prevent bugs sticking to your hairgel.

(That's copywrited, no grabbsies)

A pH strip for penises, so they can check the alkalinity of their urine

Glue on half dome fake veins for their forearms under shirts

Tight fitting undershirts that shape moobs into pectoral chest muscle shapes

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

xcheopis posted:

I just used vinyl or nitrile gloves, bought from hardware stores or medical supply stores.

Yeah, it’s fine if one wants to wear gloves to change their stuff out but these random rear end three German men are not revolutionizing the world by making pink, one size fits all gloves in tiny containers at a “we took VC money” markup.

You can even already buy pink medical gloves. My dentist office uses them.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

hopeandjoy posted:

Yeah, it’s fine if one wants to wear gloves to change their stuff out but these random rear end three German men are not revolutionizing the world by making pink, one size fits all gloves in tiny containers at a “we took VC money” markup.

You can even already buy pink medical gloves. My dentist office uses them.
A box of 200 vinyl gloves used to be about $7.95 at True Value Hardware. Black nitrile for $11.99 at a local medical supply store.

And I hate pink.

Ayin
Jan 6, 2010

Have a great day.

xcheopis posted:

I spent several days with heart palpitations occurring quite frequently and did some more reading and then ate a couple of bananas and, yeah. Lack of potassium can make that much worse. And I don't like bananas but I despise palpitations, so now I eat some greenish bananas on the weekend and the frequency has dropped significantly.

Everything is exacerbated by everything else and it's just exhausting.
I wanna thank you for posting this, I picked up some bananas a few days ago and the improvement has been immediate

Wonder how long I've been running on low potassium :sweatdrop:

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
The upside to still having my period despite having a Mirena is that they are significantly lighter so I haven't had a truly Shiningesque period in almost 6 years. I'll miss that when I get removed this summer.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Ayin posted:

I wanna thank you for posting this, I picked up some bananas a few days ago and the improvement has been immediate

Wonder how long I've been running on low potassium :sweatdrop:

I'm so glad that helped you! It's very annoying that the connections aren't being made by presumptive professionals. Sure, changes in hormone levels can cause symptom x, y, or z but how about mentioning the other stuff, assholes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

If the answer to my intermittent palpitations issue is bananas, them I am going to go... well, BANANAS.

I haven't had any lately and I'm very glad you all are doing better, but if it's really that easy why the hell aren't we told about The Banana Solution?