Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Pookah posted:

If the answer to my intermittent palpitations issue is bananas, them I am going to go... well, BANANAS.

I haven't had any lately and I'm very glad you all are doing better, but if it's really that easy why the hell aren't we told about The Banana Solution?

It can be both!
Occasional palpitations might just be stupid hormones. It was the sudden increase and severity that had me do more research and I still have them but far less often and not nearly so severe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
An absurd amount of poop has left my body since yesterday.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Guess what I got for my birthday you guy(ette)s!

My period!

I was also super sick with a head cold! Mucus coming out both ends gently caress yeah party time! :dance: :greatgift: :moonrio:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Ralph Crammed In posted:

My period!

I was also super sick with a head cold! Mucus coming out both ends gently caress yeah party time! :dance: :greatgift: :moonrio:

Happy belated bloodday!

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Ralph Crammed In posted:

My period!

Woo!

Sneezes that make snot come out your nose and blood come out your bits is just The Best birthday gift ever!

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

HopperUK posted:

Happy belated bloodday!

also, lol, yes

Pookah posted:

Woo!

Sneezes that make snot come out your nose and blood come out your bits is just The Best birthday gift ever!

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Pookah posted:

Woo!

The nose is vastly inferior to the labia because after only three days of wiping with tissues it's sore and painful as poo poo, but my labia is always rubbing up against my britches and it never complains.

angry emu
Aug 25, 2011

I've been getting hectic random heart palpitations while on my period the last six months or so, had no idea what the gently caress was going on. At least it's not just me. Never realised that was a thing. Periods are truly the gift that keeps on giving

AbstractBlacksmith
Mar 26, 2013
Thanks for arriving three days early, period. Are you gonna do the same thing as before and spot for days before anything substantial? Or will this be a quick one. Let’s spin the wheel and find out :/

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
Geez, I think my period must be on its way then. All of a sudden I can feel my heart in my hest and it feels uneven. Its almost that time of month too.

I'm gonna walk around outside for a bit

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
Ever since I got the Pfizer vaccine, I have had like ongoing spotting. Not a period, but like, as if I've had a really light one. For like 10 loving days. While I'm taking birth control pills. That I got on to stop my period. :psyduck:

Pasketti
Nov 8, 2017

lick lick lick
Went to put the rice bag thingy in the microwave before bed only to remember the microwave has been broken for a week.
Shark week hard mode activated.

Classic Comrade
Dec 24, 2012

(hair tousled from head shaking during speeches)
my 2nd day w/o birth control and im feeling crampy.... bucklin in

i really do hope the weirdness that'll already be going on with my uterus won't get amplified too bad by the vaccine tho :ohdear:

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

My cycle has been 5 days shorter than average (29 -> 24) since I got the Pfizer vaccine, but it's only a sample size of two months so far. Also, I stopped birth control for the first time in years in January, and I've rarely been 100% regular anyway, so who knows the cause!! :woop:

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
I got the J&J vaccine and it feels like my period is late. I also woke up with a cramp in my pelvis, so there's that. I think I might be spotting.

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
Nothing quite like my period settling into a pattern of light for four days, medium, apocalypse and then light for one day each.

Oh good, I think, something predictable, and so wear appropriate period protection. Oh what’s that, we’re doing light for one day, apocalypse for two and who knows what next? gently caress. As if I didn’t have enough laundry to do.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Jesus Christ my hormones are going crazy. I've got my nexplanon implant due to expire/get replaced and about six months before that time is when I start getting a half-assed period. I get off an on spotting, maybe a day or two of actual bleeding, but normally that's it. I don't usually break out, have any mood swings or get any tenderness or bloating or anything, so I don't usually mind the spotting. But this time around my emotions are going crazy. I was planning on going to the zoo tomorrow to get out of the house and celebrate my boyfriend's birthday and it turns out all the reservation slots (they're only doing reservations due to covid) are completely booked for the whole day. Normally that'd elicit a 'drat' and then trying to figure out other plans, but today I drat near started crying for a second. Time to chill and have ice cream for a few days I guess.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Are you having it replaced every 3 years or every 4 years? It was originally recommended for 3 but Planned Parenthood is trying to get everyone to wait another year. Especially if you're overweight at all, I wouldn't push it to 4. Stuff like you're going through is a sign I need to get it replaced for me.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

I just double checked the card in my wallet, and it looks like my doctor has me down to replace it every three years. I can't image how bad it would get if I tried to push it to four years. I start spotting after about 2.5 years and I would be so surly if I had to deal with that for a year and a half. I imagine the mood swings and volume of blood would just get worse and worse as the hormones decreased too.

Soysaucebeast fucked around with this message at 00:56 on May 23, 2021

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
Oh hey it’s a few days before my period. Which means I’m really sad and hate everyone and everything, feel slightly feverish and have literally zero energy!

In other news, since Mass Effect is back I can start calling my period KROGAN BLOODRAGE again!!!

Edit: what super sucks is that I’ve done really well getting over this breakup from two months ago and now I’m right back to feeling absolutely garbage and like everything is pointless! THANKS HORMONES.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

My last period was December 2016 and I still carry supplies.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

hopeandjoy posted:

Can we as a species just agree that people who have never had a period don’t get to invent period products? Thanks.

Aren't most period products invented by men unfortunately?

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

xcheopis posted:

My last period was December 2016 and I still carry supplies.

It's like carrying an umbrella everywhere to guarantee it'll never rain :)

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

sigher posted:

Aren't most period products invented by men unfortunately?

iirc Kotex, the first big brand, came about from WW1 bandage technology. WW1 was a big dude thing.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Pookah posted:

It's like carrying an umbrella everywhere to guarantee it'll never rain :)

Also, you never know when you might be the person turned to for assistance!

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

xcheopis posted:

Also, you never know when you might be the person turned to for assistance!

drat right: an excellent role to play in this weird rear end world.

Classic Comrade
Dec 24, 2012

(hair tousled from head shaking during speeches)
my 1st period completely off of birth control was :stare: not for heaviness reasons but for PMS/ovulation symptom reasons. which i guess makes sense because i hadn't ovulated in ~2 years. had a weird heart arrhythmia thing (like the more normal faster beat when breathing in, slower when breathing out thing but really exaggerated) which might've been from a hormone-related sensitivity to caffeine but it was still a little freaky before i realized it was a period-related issue. everything's back to normal now that my period's over. and im about to start T so hopefully that stops my periods sooner rather than later

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Tulalip Tulips posted:

The upside to still having my period despite having a Mirena is that they are significantly lighter so I haven't had a truly Shiningesque period in almost 6 years. I'll miss that when I get removed this summer.

Ive only had a really bad period on my Mirena when the 5 years were up and it was dying. Its been very light and sometimes only sheds in spots. Dunno if the IUD is finally working after a few years

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa

A thing I saw on Twitter

Im in so much pain

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

My PMS has shown so bad at work this week my coworker was like "you're being mean" and then I felt like a huge rear end in a top hat but my temper is just right there at the surface waiting for the next fuckup so I can completely melt down

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I see my salt craving has kicked in hard core this cycle. I feel like all I want is a salt lick.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Dumb and potentially dangerous question? Is there a way to kind of speed up an impending period because I have my partner’s show in a week.

While he’s in a black metal band and the blood would be fitting, the venue he’s playing in gets hot and sweaty and those sensations mixing, nuh uh, no thanks, tack nej tack.

I got the warning cramps last night which means I miiight have some overlap but I’d like as minimal overlap as possible.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I did read a cursed quote from a lady who claims she can masturbate to orgasm a a dozen times in the shower to loosen up the lining, then bear down to splort the whole thing out in one go and then mush the resulting jelly fish down the drain. 1 weird trick for 1 day periods.

Does this sound familiar to anyone else? I hope I didn't just imagine it.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Facebook Aunt posted:

I did read a cursed quote from a lady who claims she can masturbate to orgasm a a dozen times in the shower to loosen up the lining, then bear down to splort the whole thing out in one go and then mush the resulting jelly fish down the drain. 1 weird trick for 1 day periods.

Does this sound familiar to anyone else? I hope I didn't just imagine it.

I also read that. You didn't imagine it

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
You didn’t imagine it but I’m on antidepressants so that’ll be futile and oh my god oh good lord what is the menstruation version of a wafflestomp?

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Maybe try rough sex a little before your period is due to start and again before you want it to end? I don’t know if that will actually speed things along but its definitely got me flowing in the past.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I started my period yesterday and I'm flying to Iceland tomorrow, which means that even though my period will overlap with my vacation, the heaviest part of my period will be over so I won't have to deal with it as much during the flight :confuoot:

AbstractBlacksmith
Mar 26, 2013
Poking back into this thread to say fffff my cramps were so bad this time around, but I also had the “why the gently caress is my heart racing” symptoms for the first time, but I remembered the thread and now it’s just another thing that happens. Yay.

I will also say they’ve felt shorter, but more intense, since getting vaccinated. Could just be anecdotal but I’ll take a 3 day period over a 7 day!

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

teen witch posted:

You didn’t imagine it but I’m on antidepressants so that’ll be futile and oh my god oh good lord what is the menstruation version of a wafflestomp?

It doesn't work.
Those red seaweeds are tough and God help you if you let them dry in mesh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe
rear end end of my cycle and it was a doozy. I'm about a year in on my Mirena, but it was the scene from the shining a couple days and the pms rage was so real

I wish there was a way we could inflict this on our non afab partners so they would appreciate our restraint