Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

boobs hurt feelin' cranky

I hate getting all the symptoms and no actual flow tho. Something about the pill I'm on makes it really easy for me to miss a period if I'm stressed, and life has been a huge morass of stress lately. I crave the confirmation that I'm not pregnant. I took a lot of pregnancy tests in the months leading up to my wedding a few years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

luv 2 have a hair-trigger temper for a solid week, can't even say anything about it bc people treat you like an unexploded bomb and I'm here like "were it not for my immensely powerful self-control you would have been long dead by now"

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I remember growing up all my books on puberty made it very clear that you should avoid scented pads and tampons at all costs. Never seen em in the wild tho

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Enfys posted:

Tea tree oil???

:psyduck:

Tingly! Refreshing!

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

peep the Bad Womens Anatomy thread in PYF for some mindboggling theories of menstruation

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

My pharmacy seems to struggle every year with the renewal of my hormonal bc prescription, for reasons that are entirely unclear to me, and this is really just the primo poo poo I Do Not Need Right Now please god i just want to keep not being pregnant

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I probably already posted this but I did try an IUD once...they took it out an hour later because the pain was too intense.

Fortunately (?) for me I'm a huge loving risk for breast and ovarian cancer so once I finish having kids (???) I'm getting ALL that poo poo scooped out.

And I'm gonna get AWESOME huge breast implants so I can be the hottest MILF at the PTA meeting

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I give em whatever week I took iron tablets whether I actually bled or not

Also in today's reproductive stupidity: experienced gas pains while driving to work, convinced myself it was an ectopic pregnancy and that I was going to die

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

AITA for embarrassing my fiance in front of his Mom and Sister?

quote:

My fiance, Green (27M) and I (24F) have known each other since High school. I love him so much but he does of a tendency to Mansplain things he doesn't fully understand. Places have opened up in my area and so we went to dinner with his mother, Purple, and his sister, Pink. (14F)

We were talking at dinner when Pink started complaining how horrible her period has been and can't predict it whatsoever when it comes. She asked if i had issues with it too. Purple chimed in that irregular periods can be pretty normal. I agreed but said that if she's really concerned she could see a doctor.

This is when Green pops in suggesting his sister start taking birth control, as it helped regulate mine. I had to remind him that i had my period twice a month in high school and it was necessary. Purple also brings up she's not comfortable giving Pink birth control yet and would rather try to wait until 16 or 17. They go back and forth with Green trying to explain how he knows its best for her and is getting slightly louder in the restaurant (He's naturally a louder person). I saw Pink shrink in her seat a bit as people were looking at our table.

I ended up speaking up and said, "Okay, Green, if you can tell me right now what the R on a tampon means, you get a say on whether Pink can take birth control."

He stuttered and thought about it for a bit and ultimately gave up and the topic was dropped and we got on with the rest of our meal. Though his mom and sister were still giggling about it a little bit before we left.

When we got home, he said what i did was an a**hole move and i didn't have to embarrass him like that. I told him he was getting louder and embarrassing Pink over a matter that he doesn't get a say on and knows little about. I don't think i did anything wrong but I'm starting to feel bad, and think i could've resolved it in a better way. AITA?

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Definitely called my mom in a panic the first time I started peeing blood lol

Another important UTI prevention tip: don't sleep in thong underwear!

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I find thongs useful for aesthetic purposes only, otherwise I'm out here in my breezy boyshorts living that UTI-free life. I did know girls on my hs cross country team who wore thongs even for our hella distance runs and it always baffled me

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I miss getting my whole face threaded but I'm getting more comfortable with my thicker brows. To the point where I'm actively darkening them with brow powder for work every day because I think it looks better. Luv 2 be living in the thick brow renaissance

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I think I'm getting a UTI now from being too busy for bathroom breaks at work :gonk:

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

You should unsubscribe from your kidneys imo

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

menstruation megathread: Where's my goo even supposed to go?

I rarely wear matched bras and undies but they do make me feel more powerful. My favorite is the Medusa set.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I'm medium size but hate the sensation of sagging and honestly feel my best in my most padded pushup.

Someday I'm supposed to get the whole boob taken out as a cancer precaution and I swear I'm going to get the nicest fakes money can buy so they're huge and tight and I can be the hottest milf at the pta meeting

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I got a cup in 2011 after reading the menstrual cup megathread in A/T and it has been The Best Thing.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Every period is a moment of triumph that I will continue to not bring life into this loving dumpster fire of a world

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Bring back menstrual extraction imo

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Mixed feelings about this round of bleeding. It's always thrilling to not be pregnant. But I may have been exposed to someone with COVID so these rowdy period shits just make me extra nervous

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Way back before I was on hormonal birth control I'd get like that around ovulation-- boys were just suddenly waaaaay more attractive and kissable and then I'd feel the mittelschmerz and all the pieces would fall into place.

Nowadays that's what happens when I start my next pack of pills. Maybe some kind of hormone rush?

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

YeahTubaMike posted:

It's the smell that breaks the deal for me.

:same:

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

There was a tweet going around a while back about the ultimate end-of-period lifehack: grab the Hitachi and get off as many times as you can so the contractions force the dregs out, then take a long shower to clean up

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Zoesdare posted:

Also, because I’m very mature my brain autofills MOTHERFUCKER whenever I skim past the MTHFR abbreviation.

lol ok it wasn't just me

Did it just pop up in like, a general 23andme type test or were you looking for that specifically?

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

It came up in the r/elationships thread today so here's your reminder that some dipshit chiropractor thought he had solved menstrual hygiene: just glue your fuckin lips shut.

dipshit chiropractor Dan Dopps posted:

I am a doctor and inventor with a unique insight into anatomy and physiology trying to innovate for women

dispshit chiropractor Dan Dopps on the Mensez facebook page posted:

Yes, I am a man and you as a woman, should have come up with a better solution then diapers and plugs, but you didn’t. Reason being women are focused on and distracted by your period 25% of the time, making them far less productive then they could be.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > menstruation megathread: I want to get off Mrs. Womb's Wild Ride

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

When that day comes I'll just start in on them horse piss pills

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I was also unaware of a shortage!

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I had my first mammogram at 26 (also family history). I went to a Solis mammography center and was really pleased with the service-- I felt like they valued my comfort level. When the mammogram images weren't super great (dense breast tissue) they switched to ultrasound which was even less invasive than the standard squish. I plan to keep going back once I hit the big 3-0 and need it done yearly.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

teen witch posted:

I’m also angry and screaming and AAAAAAAAAAAA

Like I feel like I’m thirteen unreasonably stressed and mad and loving aching.

:same: gently caress this gay earth

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

lol just lol if you don't destroy your shower while cleaning your menstrual cup barehanded

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I'm going to break into their houses and use their showers for this purpose

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

My PMS has shown so bad at work this week my coworker was like "you're being mean" and then I felt like a huge rear end in a top hat but my temper is just right there at the surface waiting for the next fuckup so I can completely melt down

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I am experiencing some of the most brutal bloating I've ever had in my life, and I can't tell if it's because I had food poisoning last week or my period being extra assholish to compensate for a very light flow

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I just inherited a fitbit that offers period tracking and I'm trying but I wish there were a setting to say like "hey I'm on my week of iron pills but what's happening is best described as breakthrough bleeding rather than menstruation"

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

staring at the last row of active birth control pills in the packet going "son of a bitch that's why"

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

got that bitchin low-grade fever, perfect for a hot fuckin' night

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

woke up at 4:30 this am bc I was cramping so hard :c00lbutt:

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

:eyepop: give me the mentholated pads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

This but without even concerns for pregnancy imo, I just want to unsubscribe from dealing with blood