Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
I played this pretty nonstop on KR release - it was very polished and a lot of fun. The classes were a bit unique in some respects and the dungeons were goofy. The boss system can be a ton of fun with friends

Then they sold every end game item in the cash shop but ymmv.

e: never not pick up mokokos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Hy_C posted:

I don’t get the p2w in this game. PvP is all standardized so I don’t see the point. Isn’t this essentially paying to skip content?

Iirc all raid / endgame gear was available to buy in the CS after a few months in KR. They may have changed it since then - I haven't been back. This is by definition p2w. Outside of redefining p2w as "swipe visa, headshot xXopponentXx as soon as payment clears" I'll argue the claim holds. Not everyone PvPs and to be honest, LA is not a "PvP Game". It's very PvE focused. Arenas were stat balanced and PvP on the islands were just a good time every now and then.

Many MMOish games in KR are extremely swipey (BDO, AA, Elyon are some examples) and that's just how it is there. It's still a very fun game, and you don't have to buy gear off the CS. I doubt they will sell gear on the CS in NA since it would be bad for marketing given the p2w stigma NA side.

e:

2DCAT posted:

This post convinced me to play

:chanpop:

FireWhizzle fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jul 12, 2021

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

man there sure are a lot of experienced lost arker's posting here!

most will burn out if they try to full alt, which has the downside of them quitting so don't do that imo

e: lol sa's search doesnt wildcard wrap

FireWhizzle fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Nov 18, 2021