Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

The second set of LA shows begins airing tonight at 10:00 PM EDT. The last set provided an intriguing look at the newly promoted Karl Fredericks but these definitely have more stakes. A US version of the New Japan Cup will be aired over three weeks starting tonight and the winner gets a shot at the IWGP US Championship. How exactly this will work is unclear given the pandemic and Jon Moxley's inability to work for other companies on US soil but the field looks interesting. Karl Fredericks vs. KENTA was orginally supposed to take place on the originally scheduled regular New Japan Cup before it had to be postponed.

Much like the last set of tapings these will not be aired live and each episode will be uploaded in its entirety every friday at 22:00 EDT/ 03:00 BST.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Aug 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

just getting a blue mat with a white border alone makes this look way more legit

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Thanlis posted:

Full sized ring, too. Edit: now I’m not sure. Is it?

i'm genuinely not sure but it looks fine now

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

NEW JAPAN CUP USA 2020
August 14th at 22:00 EDT/3:00 BST
unknown venue

NJC USA Semi-Finals:Jeff Cobb vs. KENTA
NJC USA Semi-Finals:David Finlay vs. Tama Tonga

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

NEW JAPAN CUP USA 2020
August 14th at 22:00 EDT/3:00 BST
unknown venue

Jordan Clearwater and Clark Connors vs. Logan Riegal and Barrett Brown
TJP, ACH, and Alex Zayne vs. PJ Black, Misterioso, and Blake Christian
NJC USA Semi-Finals:David Finlay vs. Tama Tonga
NJC USA Semi-Finals:Jeff Cobb vs. KENTA

intriguing looking card airs in 25 minutes

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

so glad to see ach back along with news that the company def wants to use him more

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

kenta not using his incredibly cool theme is a bummer but good match

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

fun little tournament. good to see some stakes and hope ach picks up a win next week

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

extradite THIS! posted:

I feel like something’s missing from these NJC USA matches. KENTA vs Cobb got pretty good towards the end but iunno

much like the regular one no crowd hurts and nothing's been at the level of nagata/suzuki or hiromu/ishii. conditions make it tough, even with how limited japanese crowds are due to the pandemic the clapping still makes a huge difference.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

14 minutes

NEW JAPAN CUP USA 2020
August 21st at 22:00 EDT/3:00 BST
unknown venue

Rocky Romero and Adrian Quest vs. Danny Limelight and The DKC
Bullet Club (Jay White and Chase Owens) vs. ROH (Brody King and Flip Gordon)
NJC USA Finals:David Finlay vs. KENTA

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Thanlis posted:

https://njpwworld.com/lp/l_enlive_224_1

They’re calling this a live stream? Right now it’s a replay of Chris' interview segment.

it appeared as a live stream as opposed to the standard "uploaded complete at 10PM EDT" thing

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

using the title shot briefcase as the de facto interim us title makes sense given circumstances. not a bad little tournament overall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

sorry wrong thread. people are still catching up i'm sure so i'll leave this open for another day or two