Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Its possible that they got the unsaucy non red ones,

qft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Who What Now posted:

What's that food that's just a blob of seal blubber left under a porch for a few years?

There's a Greenlandic specialty which is just birds down into either a walrus or a seal and left to "ferment".

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Benny Harvey posted:

There's a Greenlandic specialty which is just birds down into either a walrus or a seal and left to "ferment".

Yeah that's probably it

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012
hot water makes me retch and then vomit. watery tea/soup, lemsip or just plain hot water.
it doesn't have anything to do with taste or smell. the first sip is totally normal, the next couple i start to feel nauseous then i start gagging and if i don't stop i vomit.

not looking for any insights just letting everyone know.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Strumpie posted:

hot water makes me retch and then vomit. watery tea/soup, lemsip or just plain hot water.
it doesn't have anything to do with taste or smell. the first sip is totally normal, the next couple i start to feel nauseous then i start gagging and if i don't stop i vomit.

Thats actually kind of interesting, don't think I've met anyone else that had that issue. Is it easy for you to tell how hot something has to be in order to trigger that? Or like how thick a soup needs to be for you to not have that trigger

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Thats actually kind of interesting, don't think I've met anyone else that had that issue. Is it easy for you to tell how hot something has to be in order to trigger that? Or like how thick a soup needs to be for you to not have that trigger

i always know beforehand via esp but even if i didn't i'd know by the second sip. anything that has the consistency of water and is piping hot that i can't drink quickly.

also bread makes me hiccup

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012
like instantly

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Does fish make you jump in the air and clack your heels together for the flying fish dance?

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012

Propaganda Machine posted:

Does fish make you jump in the air and clack your heels together for the flying fish dance?

fish are lesser lifeforms so i dont acknowledge them

also i can't dance (too many elbows)

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Strumpie posted:

According to Chinese traditional medicine you are dead.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
you should preemptively ban yourself from the prc, yeah

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Big Beef City posted:

Yes.

Texture is an extremely important aspect of enjoying food and is a key component in our ability to naturally determine food safety as equally as sight, smell, and taste.

That said beans are good learn to eat beans ya mook.

Is that picture an example of a yucky gross bad texture (yuck!) food? Because jellied meat is really good. Aspic is good. Holodets is good. That dish looks good. I'd eat it and enjoy it. Lots of people in the world would eat it and enjoy it. Being grossed out by Meat Jello isn't some universal human trait, tied into our natural survival instincts. It's super, super cultural.

Gelatin is an animal product. Turning it into a fruity dessert is just objectively weirder. It's still good, but it's weird. It wasn't all that common back when you had to boil the pig ears yourself to get the gelatin. But these days, people who grow up thinking of jello as just a dessert thing freak out when they see gelatin used in another way.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
texture in cooking is real important and anglo cooking is about the worst at it, excepting the food chemists in big food corps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
Pick, you're supposed to eat it on top of diced cold tofu or hot rice porridge.

It's like an extremely white people thing to eat it... By itself.