Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
they are ok in jook / zhou / rice porridge imo especially if you got a hangover

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Jose posted:

Because of this post I'm going to ask Jeffrey to make her a GBS ik

hell yes!!

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Do it ironically posted:

poo poo like tofurkey is made for meat eaters to claim they’re “doing something for the environment” or also to say “see being vegan everything sucks” I don’t know a single vegan who actually eats that poo poo :)

There are millions and millions and millions of vegans who frequently eat and enjoy mock-meat, they are called Buddhists and live in places like China.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Do it ironically posted:

Oh cool thanks for mansplaining veganism to me, a vegan

Also I will add that its delicious

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Pick posted:

So, in another of my Internet adventures, and it's a shame that I don't have these posts anymore, *ahem* there was a time when life was quite grim. I felt numb and unhappy. So to cheer myself up, I bought myself some venison.

This venison was humanely raised and came from the local co-op. However, despite being quite a small piece of meat, it was quite expensive.

I cooked the meat and then got too depressed to eat it. I forgot it in the back of my refrigerator for several months.

When I did find it again, it was the middle of winter. I regretted that I had forgotten this meat, and not even really forgotten it, just always been too depressed to eat it or do anything with it.

When I pulled it out, it had a very strange ammonia smell. So I took the piece of meat, and held it over the sink, and sloughed off all of the meat that had basically disintegrated into an odd slime.

In the center, there was something that did seem to be edible meat. However, I was kind of concerned that the flavor profile would be off, because it did still have that strange ammonia smell, although certainly not as much as the meat on the outside which had disintegrated.

I therefore use this meat to make chili, which I prepared in my Dutch oven. This chili contained beans. That is because beans are exceptionally tasty and chili, and it's not really chili without them.

The result was a pot full of chili, and I did eat it. It had a bit of ammonia smell, but it tasted fine. However, I couldn't eat through an entire pot of chili either, so I periodically had it sitting out on my porch, which at that time of year was actually colder than a refrigerator, and frankly colder than my freezer as well.

Dang!