Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

They suck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blacknose
Jul 28, 2006

Meet frustration face to face
A point of view creates more waves
So lose some sleep and say you tried

The_Continental posted:

Guy with 2006 reg date and Joy Division Av calling me old. Cool.

Im just saying theres actually been some funny and interesting poo poo in this thread but instead of engaging with that you just cherry picked someone, who posted a one off opinion, to call a racist. Its low effort, pointless, and inflammatory.

Its just a great way to tank/derail an otherwise interesting discussion thread. Its really just plain old poo poo posting dressed up as morality.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

hawowanlawow posted:

sometimes bad people make cool stuff, what a world

but also

Blacknose posted:

The only person here that needs reminding it's OK to not like homophones and racists seems to be you.

I don’t have a problem with similar sounding words with different meanings at all! This spurious accusation against my syntactic constitution will not stand!

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Aug 12, 2020

420 20
Apr 21, 2020
Im a homophone

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017
Person with Joy Division icon is arguing that it's impossible to separate the art from the artist?

quote:

House of Dolls is a 1953 novella by Ka-tzetnik 135633. The novella describes "Joy Divisions", which were groups of Jewish women in the concentration camps during World War II who were kept for the sexual pleasure of Nazi soldiers.

Uh oh bud. Got some bad news for you...

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Aug 12, 2020

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

As many people who post about little big, i just dont enjoy their songs as much as I enjoy Die Antwoord.

Im going to post another Death Grips, cause they rule:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjJW9K9pPTk

420 20
Apr 21, 2020
This is such an intensely white thread, OP

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

420 20 posted:

This is such an intensely white thread, OP

And somehow youre whining is making it worse

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

I guess death grips sound pretty good if you never listen to people who can actually rap

420 20
Apr 21, 2020

Klaaz posted:

I guess death grips sound pretty good if you never listen to people who can actually rap

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Klaaz posted:

Oh no you dont like experimental music, i feel so owned right now

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

hmyes death grips experimental music for experimental music connaisseurs

420 20
Apr 21, 2020
I honestly still can't tell if op is taking the piss

420 20
Apr 21, 2020
If he is,them you're doing a good job

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Klaaz posted:

hmyes death grips experimental music for experimental music connaisseurs

hello my name is Klaaz this is my favorite song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFNUUmCqJa4

:jerkoffmotion:

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

Ok, "Mr. F!"

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Bargearse posted:

I have a confession to make. I liked Chappie and paid actual real world dollarydoos to see it at the cinema.

My favorite thing about the film is how it takes place in South Africa yet there isn't one black main character.

Anne Frank Funk posted:

There’s a nice mix of ethnicities in the meeting. I guess it’s required by law in RSA for companies to be sufficiently integrated.

White South Africans never stop bitching about this.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

punk rebel ecks posted:

White South Africans never stop bitching about this.

It's racism when it affects them.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

ded posted:

um, nope

I'm not a fan, and I believe Ninja and Yolandi probably are scumbags, but I just watched the video this screenshot is from and I don't have a problem with this specific example anymore. I don't know how to describe exactly what that costume is supposed to be, but it doesn't look or sound like it's supposed to be a racist caricature to me. If anything is being made fun of in the video, it's foreigners' perception of Africa. Perhaps there's more to it under the surface, but I'm not familiar enough with their work or South African culture to pick up on more than that (other than the obvious disdain for Lady Gaga).

But, I will admit I've always had a soft spot for that particular style of high-trash fashion. (Like, literally I think Yolandi is wearing a trash bag in one of the outfits in the same video.) So maybe I'm just subconsciously more willing to overlook the black skin paint because it achieves such an incredible look.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

whereas i am not blackface, so i cannot comment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I was really into them for a while then went to a live gig of theirs 3 years ago or so, it was a great time and afterwards I was kinda over it.

It also seriously doesn't suprise me to find out they're scummy, like, just look at them.

Little big and tommy cash are cool.