Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I thought they were interesting when I first heard of them a couple years back because it was new to me and I thought their videos were watchable and at least a few of their songs pretty catchy and fun to listen to.

I assumed they were cashing in on a "gimmick" of "just how actually incestual and weird are these weird looking South African white trash people as an act". I said "ok cool" and forgot about them for maybe a year +.
Then later I heard they were doing some bad poo poo and never looked into it because I don't really give a poo poo.

WELL that's my Die Antwoord LIFE LESSON hope u enjoyed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

That's ..bizarrely relatable in a "I could see that happening to me if put into that situation in a dream" way.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Kanye put on an bum sex video and then we went into kitchen and had some banana pudding that Kim Kardashian made, and it was delicious, actually.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Torquemada posted:

The guy has one of those faces and attitudes that makes me want to fight him bare knuckle.

Well, that's sorta the point.

If he was "Sean the pudgy accountant who says "oh dear" too much" it probably wouldn't really work into the act that great.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

the gently caress is wtj

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'm stunned that the guy purposely portrayed as having a violent, incestuous relationship with his "sister" in their music videos along with creepy glances from their "dad" is offensive to other people elsewhere.
It's taken me a long time to come to terms with how to fit these two clashing worlds together in my mind because I'm a loving idiot moron

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Torquemada posted:

lmao fantastic. all these loving brain geniuses in here like actually their work is significant in resolving the tensions inherent in the current ghgffhmnbvb and people keep producing poo poo like them in blackface

lol

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

was it because the parents got a better job opportunity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I want to kiss Die Antwoord on the lips and have a baby