Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I had an ex who loved these movies so I've seen most of em. I've watched actual death videos and all that horrible stuff but I don't enjoy any of it and the gore and gore sounds from the series always grossed me out. There's one scene I had to cover my ears like a baby because i hate their simulated sound of a saw hacking into a skull. Blegh.

Can't remember if I saw the reboot or not. There's a lot wrong with these movies but the dumbest thing to me has always just been the core premise of this dying loser torturing people with this stupid claim he's doing it to improve their lives. Really, he's at best giving people lifelong PTSD and poo poo, and most times he just murders someone horribly. Don't forget the people who survive his torture, escape with severe mental health issues, and end up also being killers themselves.

I did find it amusing how increasingly stretched his premises for torture got. Like at first he's torturing like bad people or corrupt cop versus people he wrongfully accused or blamed for crimes, but by the end he's like killing people because like they were an X-Ray tech at the hospital the day his wife got misdiagnosed and hung up the wrong x-rays, or this guy who's an insurance adjuster for denying claims (yes, arguably still evil but lol at being torture-killed because of your lovely 9-5 telephone job).

Ok last thing, his traps are loving lovely. Most of them seem pretty inescapable, or require feats of strength and willpower even under shock and adrenaline would be impossible for people to do. There's an overweight dude given like 3 minutes to escape from the bramble maze made out of barbed wire, while he's disoriented, panicked, in a dark and dirty basement, on a timer. How is that a trap anyone can be expected to escape from? by the way, why even put it on a timer? This event will be traumatizing with a 3 hour deadline, like, this Jigsaw pervert has time to set up these traps but when it comes for the big day he's suddenly in a fuckin rush?

Anyway, these movies suck and I don't like them, maybe the first one coulda been good on its own as a one-off, but gently caress this series for how much brainspace its taken up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I want to see a version of the first Saw where the two guys decide their must be a key or something inside the dead guy and eviscerate him before he can do all his later murders

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I wonder if he did any rehearsals? You know, between recording his little puppet show and waiting for his convenient kidnapping drugs to ship, he made a habit of lying still in that spot for an increasing number of hours.

A How-Its-Jigsaw'd would be a DVD feature I'd watch on youtube for sure. From simple stuff like procuring tons of used dirty needles to make a needle pit trap to setting a massive pendulum or cartoonishly large vice to crush a head between two mega stones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L146pV7Otb8

I guess I have't seen them all, this one is new to me. This seems like one of the dumbest, it all hinges on one guy and he's given 30 seconds. Like, he probably would've done it given a few more, so... what happens if he does? Recently flayed-skinhead cuts the barbed wire around gf, they take down the dude on the door, get the hook out of the tow-cable guy and leave? Jigsaw's lecture/joke about racism probably isn't going to cure them if they survive. There were 3 people there who didn't really have a personal lesson or sacrifice at all... and even if you just wanted to rig up a trap to kill a bunch of racists seems like there were a lot more poignant traps to make the point.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Aug 9, 2020

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
you might be right, it got confusing who was doing what and then sometimes later movies changed who did what?

I do remember a featurette or something from the people who had to make that scene, and they kept having to get more and more real needles, take the needle out, put in a fake fiber optic cable painted to look dirty-syringey. they first got like 20k, but it wasnt enough to cover the floor even, let alone be this deep pit of them and they doubled it a few times and in the end still had to buy a ton more syringes, this time without a needle at all, plus a bunch of clear Orbeez to bulk it up and move fluidly

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Cubone posted:

amanda was a good apprentice, she was just being blackmailed by hoffman because she indirectly instigated the robbery at the health clinic that resulted in jill tuck's miscarriage as revealed in saw 6 duh

okay but why was hoffman ever involved in this? he was just a cop, right? he wasn't put through a jigsaw trap until after jigsaw died. hoffman is just some evil pervert cop who wanted in on the self-righteous extrajudicial torture killings oh that makes sense actually nevermind