Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

coathat posted:

Yeah the book suits were way cooler and much more powerful.

much in the same way that belters are supposed to all be tall thin spider people, i guess it just wasnt practical to make the show that way

slightly disappointing, but if they wanted to do a proper power armor that would prob be taking significant budget away from the rest of the show

its a minor detail, so im ok with making the concession to filming practicality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I just looked it up. According to the Expanse wiki it's "Two and a half meters tall and weighing 400 kilograms even before a soldier climbs inside"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I posted this in the TVIV thread, but this is pretty much what I imagined the power suits to look like

Though i figure the Mars stuff is way more sleek than 40ks ascetics.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I think something like the clan elementals from battletech might be a good fit.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I just appreciate that none of the power armor suits have opaque faceplates.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
I'm a few episodes into season 5, and I'm getting to watch them with a buddy in another state via the magic of Amazon's watch party feature. It's cool to geek out with someone and have something to look forward to :unsmith:

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

I'm officially throwing in the towel on this; I don't really care for any of the characters since Miller is gone (ok maybe Alex I guess), and every time I think I should watch an episode it's more out of a sense of obligation than any desire to actually watch it. I gave it two seasons plus, I'll consider that a fair try.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
Well, the actor who plays Alex apparently is a complete poo poo bag and they're going to space him from next season so I appreciate you trying. I'm in love with this universe, it only gets better the longer it goes.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Wouldn't usually post anything but if Miller being gone is the only reason you're quitting, you uh, might want to watch a few more episodes before making that decision.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
Yes! Good point there.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

I did know about that, but I liked him as like this maverick gumshoe who gets in over his head and embarks on a (I was hoping) Crichton-esque arc of Just Being Done With This poo poo, and I gather that's not what this is about.

madenine
Jun 12, 2021

Goblin Craft posted:

I'm officially throwing in the towel on this; I don't really care for any of the characters since Miller is gone (ok maybe Alex I guess), and every time I think I should watch an episode it's more out of a sense of obligation than any desire to actually watch it. I gave it two seasons plus, I'll consider that a fair try.

I found it really hard to keep interest after the end of the hybrids story line, but my SO was still into it so we pushed on through; it picked back up, but its a slightly different feel.

The protomolecule->hybrids arc seemed very solid; there were powerful people and institutions driving events, and all of that had weight/momentum in-universe. The inside-the-ring arc is a lot more driven by single character actions in the moment. Not worse, just different.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

The ringspace arc also introduces my favorite character so that's a plus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I got my parents to start watching it, and my mom isn't too into it. Though she was never that intro star trek and stuff. I think she just needs Amos to get naked.

They only got to episode 2 so far, and honestly, the series really didn't hook me until episode 3, and even then it wasn't until Eros that I was 'wait this is amazing'.