Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Jellidelic posted:

everything volcano related at t-bell

its been ten years and i still have never found anything on their menu that i like as much

My dad’s generation, they were all begging for the Meximelt to come back.

I am part of the volcano gen. The younger people here will be the Fiesta Potato gen.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Q_res posted:

A few years back they did a Chicken Parmesan using their more premium fried chicken patty. Despite the better quality chicken it wasn't as good as the old one.

The cheese rarely successfully melted in the comeback or in fact stopped being semi frozen more than once. Also I can't remember if that was before or after they switched to their current premium chicken sandwich which is pretty bad.

I definitely enjoyed the old ones though. It's all I ordered from BK at one point in my life.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

MykonosFan posted:

I was weirdly picky growing up and KFC fell victim to me being a dumb kid, but then they introduced these drat things and rocked my dumb world

Snackers were weird in that they tasted better than the sum of their parts. Half a tender on a plain roll with a single dab of mayo (I held the pickle) should not have been something that was that good, but it was.

There was one point when they also had snackers at Long John’s Silver when they were brandmates which was a bit weird.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

drat...considering they don't deliver red beans and rice for some reason, this was my backup. All of popeyes other sides are gross.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
There was a period before arcades stopped being a thing that businesses were starting to get involved in them so the fancy arcade's snack bar was replaced by a McDonalds snack bars. It had had things like McDonalds hotdogs and McDonalds chili fries. No McDonalds pizza, though. The bowling alley somehow held on to selling their pizza there.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Are you a person who could eat Pizza Hut stuffed crust and not get sick?

Getting sick every time I eat it always my experience and it was brought up on a podcast and both hosts said it also always made them sick.

I still ordered it from time to time though. And I might again some day.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

It was probably the first time I felt sick directly from eating food, like as I was leaving the table. Not puking or making GBS threads, but definitely ill.

Yeah exactly. The body just does not want.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Popeyes po boys are for sure missed. Popeyes also used to have wraps that were chicken and red beans and rice back when those were everywhere and they kept them going locally until like 2019 and they were a nice cheap lunch.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I think Whataburger has mushroom swiss on the favorites menu if you are in the right market.

Q_res posted:

Hardee's has a Mushroom n' Swiss Angus Thickburger that's been a permanent item for over a decade. Only one I know about.

What is funny is they dropped it at Carls when they switched to the new thickburgers.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I used to order the BK veggie burger from time to time just because it was pretty good.

uber_stoat posted:

canned mushrooms are truly foul. i'd turn them down if i was starving to death.

Yeah because of this I just don’t trust mushrooms from any fast food.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Taco Bell is the punitive god we deserve.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
drat I haven't thought of the rye-bread cheddar melt in a longgggg time.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
drat no Mexican Pizza, I really needed one today but it wasn't there for me. Sad world. Very sad worl.d. Sick + sad.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I forgot about watermelon slushes, you are right those were good.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Same. They had pretty good salads.

It’s also weird they just don’t have grilled chicken now. That was at least in the realm of a healthy meal if you got that with a side salad instead of fries.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
The grilled snack wraps with BBQ sauce were one of the few healthyish items you could get at fast food that didn't also cost a lot.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Chinatown posted:

anyone remember the grilled sandwiches that Jack In The Box had for awhile? They were really good! deli trio IIRC

also, 7-Eleven had a few microwaveable sandwiches for awhile including a cheesesteak one that was legit good. :sigh:

Those Jack n the Box sandwiches were pretty good. It’s actually kind of weird they got rid of them, their menu is giant and rarely drops anything.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Twenty Four posted:

The Jack n the Box's around here have been doing a thing for maybe a year or two or so, perhaps a little more, where they have a featured combo meal for about two months, then completely drop it for a new deal. Usually they are priced better then the rest of the combos, but knowing the sandwich or burger or whatever it is will likely be gone before I try it more then once or twice doesn't really entice me to give them a shot.

There was a bit there that they had a triple cheese burger with small fries and a drink for like 3 or 4 bucks and that was pretty hard to pass up. I would probably still get it even if they raised the price up to like 5 bucks after the promotion. I don't really understand having trial items if there is no intention whatsoever to keep them around, especially when it's made from stuff they already have on hand anyhow. I understand "to get you in the door" but if it's popular, why not keep it? It really is a hard set 2 month or whatever type deal too, where on the first of the month exactly it changes.

I guess the deals are everywhere, as a quick glance at their site says the current deal is a 6 dollar "loaded cheddar cheese burger combo" with cheddar cheese, cheddar ranch sauce, and a cheddar bun. I haven't had it but ever since the closest one to my house "temporarily" stopped being 24 hours and still hasn't gone back like a year and a half later, there's a good chance it will be gone before I remember to. It's like Jack is trying to win the "discontinued menu items" thread.

Oh yeah their LTOs are an exception for sure. It’s just usually when something makes the permanent menu it stays there.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I don’t even know what those are but I am intrigued by the name.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

a sexual elk posted:

So happy SoCal has kicked almost every donut chain out, indy Asian pink box locations absolutely own bones. Especially when you have a kid in a local sport and they just dump like 10lbs of pastries into like 3 boxes for all the kids.

Those places really are the best. Krispy Kreme is good but it's like a totally different style donut and those fancy places are good but usually when I want a donut it is specifically as a cheap sugar delivery system.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
How many times have the Lakers gotten 4th quarter boat raced by a tanking team? Probably a schedule loss in this case but drat.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Wrong thread)=

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Twenty Four posted:

The Lakers got discontinued, LA basketball fans can still get the Clippers locally, but it's just not the same.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
They aren't really bringing the Mexican Pizza back, I know this in my heart, it's a lie.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

CelticPredator posted:

I liked these dumb Wendy’s cold cut sandwiches. ESP the Black Forest ham. I would get it all the time.

I could easily make it tho so I don’t miss it THAT much.

Yeah the bread was a nice gimmick for fast food, I liked them.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
My first loss was the chicken burrito (post classic) from Del Taco. Just a ton of beans and the right amount of chicken and cheese and their very good red sauce. My mom would give me money for one when I would stay with her in summers plus a game rental if I walked or biked the 2 miles to her work (making that trip a caloric net zero) and I’d eat it there and get a refill on the macho soda (making it a caloric negative…positive? The bad one) and head home.

The spicy chicken with red sauce instead of green sauce is a close enough substitute, even if I find the rice to be a bit superfluous. For some reason the local Del Taco struggles mightily with this substitution. Never have a problem with it at any other location. Apparently there is just a button on the POS for it. But you would think I was asking for flakes of gold, the confusion and general refusal to do this generated. Even when ordering on door dash or picking it up with the app (both where there is a checkbox for this substitution) they just either ignore it, put no sauce at all (worst case, the green sauce is Fine)or put the sauce on the side 9 out of 10 times.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Those sun room style Wendys are cool, there's still a few of them that they haven't completely renovated yet.

Also you scared me. Sizzler's still hanging on in the West US, although barely. Apparently thriving in Puerto Rico though.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Popeyes finally stopped selling their wrap too. Rest In Peace wraps.

I’m surprised McDonald’s still hasn’t brought salads back. They were decent and I even frequently managed to make myself get them with grilled chicken and use less than half of the dressing.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
McDonalds used to be THE place when it was like too late for lunch and I was not home and wanted a quick and cheap snack. Now basically only Carls and Five Guys are more expensive and there are few savory snacks.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

As evidenced by their supply chain with Chipotle, probably too much poisoning.

Do they still share? That would explain a lot.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I didn'tknow it was ever a thing, I've been mixing tenders and mac and cheese myself like a loving loser all this time.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Because KFC abandoned the space, now when I think of Popcorn Chicken I think about the defrosted croutons that we pretend have chicken in them at Sonic and Jack N the Box or at gas stations on road trips that I'm not brave enough to try.

muscles like this! posted:

It is popcorn chicken not tenders but yeah it was like 3-4 years ago for like a month.

Probably less messy than tearing all the tenders up by hand I guess.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I just got a pack with strawberry as well. I have seen it in fountains as well (although the Circle K closest to us has Guava).

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
They were putting up "we're all out of popcorn chicken" signs up at my local KFC like a week after the new bowl.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

halokiller posted:

:rip: jack-in-the-box's OG munchie meals and for $6 that chicken tater melt was the best drunk and most unhealthy food ever made

I am legit mad they got rid of this, the chicken tater melt was one of the best things they had on the whole menu.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Yeah there was a semi-affordable itallian place that also did catering, grocery and like weird mystery events after hours (never managed to go to one). My only problem with them is that they saran wrapped everything and you could taste the saran rap if you didn't get the food home fast enough. They tapped out during the pandemic though. There are a lot of itallian ghost kitchens and such on delivery services but it's pretty hard to get something from those apps for under $20 per person.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I used to order apple pies at like 2:00 AM and they would give me 3-5 if I just ordered one because no one ever ordered them. At some point I stopped ordering them and never did again and don't know why. Some of their McCafe pastry stuff is pretty good actually but it's only available in the daytime here.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Jenny Agutter posted:

Flank steak is so expensive now :( at least we still have chicken thighs

When I was a kid flank steak was something we could afford often. Not anymore.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I liked chicken selects and the buttermilk tenders too. McDonalds menu being so simple now really cuts down how often I go there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
There is a CiCis in Phoenix but when I am in the area there are like 6 places there that aren't in Tucson that I'm going to go to first. But I am very curious about them.