Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
The bacon turkey cheese panini thing from DD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I hate to double-post but I just remembered that lemonade cheesecake thing they had at Popeyes & made myself sad

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Facebook Memories reminded me that DD used to have red velvet lattes, which were absolutely amazing but apparently I was the only person who liked the because they discontinued them like a year later. :smithicide:

Zil posted:

It sounds strange but I loved the toasted graham cracker drink Starbucks had. Was kinda like a smores but without chocolate.

Me too! I don't remember what it was called.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Has anyone posted those little McDonalds chicken wraps yet?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

i say swears online posted:

strawberry cream cheese is the most egregious

I'm still not over their discontinuation of red velvet lattes tbh

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Iron Crowned posted:

The last donut standing will be the plain glazed.

I really do question what kind of monster picks a plain glazed donut over literally anything else. Yet whenever someone brings in donuts, that plain glazed box empties out long before the last chocolate sprinkle is claimed.

There are lots of gross donuts out there. I'd pick glazed over a chocolate donut, or a cruller, or a jelly donut...

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

Yeah give it 5 more years, they'll be 'DDs' and it will be another Starbucks ripoff.

Those new "omelet bites" or whatever they're called are a direct (albeit larger and cheaper) ripoff of Starbucks's egg bites, so the attempted metamorphosis has begun.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I had Fire, and it was okay.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

indigi posted:

sometimes I miss those “wraps” McDonald’s had for a buck that was a chicken tender shredded cheese and honey mustard wrapped in a tortilla. a truly insane item but for $1 it was a great snack

Saaaaame, I miss those so much :smith:

YeahTubaMike posted:

Has anyone posted those little McDonalds chicken wraps yet?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
KFC this, KFC that -- until they bring back potato WEDGES, they are dead to me.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Szyznyk posted:

The new KFC fries are uniquely terrible, and then them foisting those lovely fries onto the Long John Silvers and loving up the batter fries is unforgivable.

drat :smith: I was hoping they'd at least just be bland and characterless.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I know it's been a little while since they discontinued the strawberry Jarritos flavor, but it seems like the void it left in my heart keeps getting bigger. :smith:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Q_res posted:

I just bought a 12 bottle pack of Jarritos at Walmart about a week and a half ago, each bottle was a different flavor. One of them was Strawberry.

Definitely wiser than just grabbing a bottle every time you grab rice & beans with pulled pork at the Dominican takeout place down the street

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Q_res posted:

Just saying, they still make it.

Or they still have it. Who knows when that 12-pack was made?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I don't know if Hormel chili hot w/ beans is actually discontinued or if the grocery store around the corner just randomly stopped stocking it, but if it is, my heart will truly be broken. The only kinds I see anymore are regular w/ beans (which basically tastes like nothing), regular w/o beans, a vegetarian variety, and one with ground turkey. Please don't take the one laziest meal that I have left :cry:

edit:

big dyke energy posted:

there was a place in my hometown that did gelato and pizza. like a 8" cheese pizza and a pint of gelato would be twelve bucks. Their gelato was incredible, best I've ever had. Amazing flavors. Pizza insanely good.

Guess the owner did some big Financial Crimes and the place had to close suddenly. absolutely tragic. I have a lot of fond memories of being home alone for a weekend and living it up with my own pizza and blue moon gelato.

I feel your pain. :smith: There was a place down the street from my old apartment that made baked mac & cheese with fried catfish strips, and it was so god drat good that I pretty much had to force myself not to go there every single day. Then it just randomly stopped being open without any notes or announcements or anything, so I Googled it hoping to find out what was going on, and it turned out that the owner had murdered someone during a pay dispute.

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Aug 22, 2023

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

DeusIgnis posted:

Does Dunkin still do their Brownie Batter-filled donuts? I remember around V-Day or something they would have a Red Velvet Coffee that I miss terribly.

me a while ago posted:

Facebook Memories reminded me that DD used to have red velvet lattes, which were absolutely amazing but apparently I was the only person who liked [them] because they discontinued them like a year later. :smithicide:

:sympathy:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
DD took away my precious pancake wraps :cry:

DeusIgnis posted:

Are you my twin? I used to play the tuba (currently play the euphonium).

Nice :) I played tuba in high school & sousaphone in college, but I never went UPPER brass (except for when the high school jazz band instructor made me switch to trombone and I quit after trying it once)

Also, the Tuba Mike in my username isn't actually me, it was some kid who got an airgram before his school performed during a competition and my mellophone-playing friend & I thought it was the greatest nickname ever

Mederlock posted:

The euphonium is more fun to play anyways :colbert:

Sorry that neither you nor DeusIgnis could handle the majesty of the lowest brass :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Philthy posted:

I really do miss those KFC potato wedges, they were spiced so good and were just huge and awesome.

I would love to know why they changed them. Did customers dislike them? Are they saving money by using less potato even if fewer customers like them? I always assume that money is the reason for a company messing with something that's already good, but like, how?