Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chopstick Dystopia
Jun 16, 2010

lowest high and highest low loser of: WEED WEE
k
I hope you wanted feedback, because that's what I'm posting.

The first half was a real smooth read for me until the kid's "Not exactly" line, which felt like a very calm response in a hectic situation. I also didn't really understand why the antagonist wouldn't be able to hit the plane if they started pulling up.

After they land, and he comes after them, I'm starting to wonder - why are they fighting? I get that we're starting in medias res, and it's a good start that I enjoyed reading. As it goes on, though, I start to realise I have no idea who any of these people are. I don't know what their stakes are, there's little to identify with or root for. Although the wizard looks scary and there's an implication he's after them and they're just trying to escape, which is just enough - I would have liked more.

The ending, the twist, I liked a lot.

Nitpick: Personally I didn't enjoy the kid having the Oppenheimer surname, it felt unnecessary. I thought the story worked fine without it and I'm not sure what it adds.

The poems at the end were a nice close.

Overall I liked this, I'm glad I read it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU