Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK

Hair Elf

Cyrano wants new threads so post all your weird European pistols ITT. I'll start:

This first one is kind of cheating but it was designed in Italy so it counts
Beretta 3032 Tomcat .32 ACP, made in America but designed in Italy. A tiny pocket pistol with a tip up barrel for ease of chambering.

Flip up barrel action!

Tiny!

Benelli B76 9mm from Italy. A beautiful fixed barrel service pistol from a company known almost entirely for making shotguns. Has a very cool inertia locked action.

CZ 52 7.62x25 Tokarev (pictured with 9mm barrel installed) from Czechoslovakia. A kind of lovely but interesting service pistol with an unusual roller-locked action. This one is kind of rare in that it has the original Parkerized finish.

Steyr GB 9mm from Austria. A hefty fixed barrel service pistol with an 18 round magazine and an unusual gas-delayed blowback action. GB=Gasbremse (gas brake). Also notable for having double feed magazines like a rifle so you can just push the rounds in straight from the top. Defeated the Glock in an alternate universe.

SITES Spectre 9mm pistol from Italy. A civilian semi-auto version of a closed bolt submachine gun. It has quad stack single feed magazines that come in 30 and 50 round sizes (pictured with a 50 rounder). I've added a lovely laser and a decent airsoft replica stock.

Group photo!

I've posted most of these guns before but I just took all these pictures this afternoon.

my kinda ape fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Aug 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

I hate my 3032 so much. Frame cracked, firing pin broke, and the firing pin retaining pin is so small I can't get any punch to drive it out.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.

That tiny baretta looks so fun.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

EUROGUNS!!!

HK P2000 LEM .40

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

<this space left intentionally blank, will be updated later. Fuck Lowtax>
Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

I love that little 32. I'd love to have an itty bitty pocket gun in a centerfire cartridge, but the way things are going, Imma have to settle for 22LR, which is cheap and available and mostly reliable... but not nearly as cool as those little tip-ups that let you single-chamber semi-rimmed cartridges.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Ooh are we posting weird euro guns ITT?

Have the derpiest Euro gun I have, a Mauser m1910 in .25 ACP.

(I need to get better pics, I think I took that one in 2010 or so)

Liam Acerbus
Sep 17, 2007

I've got a few old/interesting Euro .32s for ya.

Beretta model 1935, the .32 brother of the .380 model 34.

Hello, fellow Tomcat enthusiast. A Skorpion SBR and an Ortgies make an appearance.

WW2 bringback PPK and a French PP that used to belong to a Swedish police department.

The stately Beretta 81.

The younger, better brother--the 81BB.

Europeans liked .32, eh?

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

My 32 Beretta is one of my most fun pistols. I really want to SBR a Skorpion. Did you build that off a receiver? Or buy it as a pistol and then attach a stock?

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

My 3 Czechs

I have no other Euro gats anymore. At one point I also had an Austrian Glock 17 and a Beretta 92 but I never shot them so I sold them.

ZebraBlade fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Aug 10, 2020

Ghemah
Nov 5, 2005
master of string cheese

Tyro posted:

My 32 Beretta is one of my most fun pistols.

I agree but in .380 . My 84F is one of my favorites. My only complaint is the slide being so hard to rack back.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Ghemah posted:

I agree but in .380 . My 84F is one of my favorites. My only complaint is the slide being so hard to rack back.

Best of both worlds, mine is actually an 85 with a threaded 32acp drop in barrel...

Liam Acerbus
Sep 17, 2007

Tyro posted:

My 32 Beretta is one of my most fun pistols. I really want to SBR a Skorpion. Did you build that off a receiver? Or buy it as a pistol and then attach a stock?

I got it in pistol form. It was already threaded for a stock adapter plate. The LOP is slightly longer than it should be, but it looks the part.

Ghemah posted:

The .380s are a touch on the snappy side, but I do have an 84BB too.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

Fun Shoe

Are we going deep?

Ghemah
Nov 5, 2005
master of string cheese

Liam Acerbus posted:

The .380s are a touch on the snappy side, but I do have an 84BB too.

jesus gently caress that is gorgeous

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

A closet full of Euroguns

Proper Kerni ng
Nov 14, 2011

That beavertail absolutely did not come to gently caress around.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Eurogun? Eurogun.

wakka wakka wakka wakka

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Somebody Awful posted:

wakka wakka wakka wakka

It was taking a second for the images to load and I knew what they were going to be.

Anyone have that gif?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Here, have some europellet.

From when I was still trying to take artsy pictures.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Cyrano4747 posted:

Anyone have that gif?

https://i.imgur.com/69jGhhD.gifv

Liam Acerbus
Sep 17, 2007

I have a couple non- europellets to offer.

1915 DWM 9mm

1920 commercial DWM in .30 Luger. That caliber is pretty charming.

Some Belgian representation.

Thermos
Mar 29, 2019

Ok I'll play

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

"Love us with money or we'll hate you with hammers!"

I didn't think I had anything interesting for this thread, looked in the safe and what did I see but...

Hey, that's pretty loving Euro!

Manurhin MR73 that I got pretty cheap at a gun show a few years back. It's a great shooter and has lots of uh character. Guessing we won't see a ton of wheelguns in this thread though, sadly.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009

Something a bit different - a Czech Alfa Proj 357 Mag revolver in a UK Legal configuration.

The gun would have been imported unfinished from the factory without a cylinder (so its never existed as prohibited firearm) and the gunsmith modified the crane and cylinder pin so a regular cylinder wouldn't fit, and then machined a new cap and ball style cylinder.

Thats then proofed for smokeless powder and uses shotgun primers and soft cast lead bullet. The end result is a legal double action revolver with minimal fouling.

I believe the gunsmith is working on making the frames from scratch too now.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Hey I have a Euro 6-shooter too!

My only real Euro-gun, a Manurhin MR73. I like it a lot.

CmdrSmirnoff
Oct 27, 2005
happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy

Here are two brothers born a decade apart, each built under occupation by a different power from the west and east.

I'll make an effortpost and more pics soon, just got them after two months of RCMP paperwork delays.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

<this space left intentionally blank, will be updated later. Fuck Lowtax>
Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

I actually considered getting an old Baby Browning (I think that's what it was) a week or so ago. Saw it in a random shop I stopped at (the one with the weird, fuddy feel and equally fuddy ammo selection). Wish I would have, because then I'd have the best caliber in the highest quality gun of all of the pictures posted here.

I think it had pearl grips, too, and was nickel plated.

Edit: now that I think about it, I'm not sure it was a European-made model. It was old and in good shape, though.

CmdrSmirnoff
Oct 27, 2005
happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy

Recommended soundtrack before you read any further:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYcYM3kgv_I

My proudest possession, a Vis 35. In short, Poland's best ever gun. Production was seized by the Nazis and they built them all the way up until the end of the war, eventually evacuating the factory in Radom to Steyr. Fit and finish deteriorated as the war went on, and end-war models can be quite rough (and built with slave labour). Mine is a later war - likely 1943ish? (edit: one gun-knower believes May '44 for this run) - and could be classified as a Grade 3 Subvariation 1a.

Production was started at Radom and then finished at Steyr, with the 77 and 623 acceptance marks. Of note, the WaA623 is somewhat uncommon and most just have a 623. Meaningless distinction, as far as I'm aware. It's a salt blue finish and you can see some pretty hideous mill marks on the trigger guard that show the hurried nature of production at that point.

Really obvious mill marks.

E-block production. They just rolled around to the start of the alphabet whenever they finished the numbers.

Mystery markings underneath the decocker. It's a neat design that retracts the firing pin as you pull down, so the hammer smash doesn't do anything.

Magazines are not serialized, but have an acceptance mark (all are 189 I believe).

No stock cut (as early models had); grip safety only.

Despite having no takedown lever, a field strip is still quite easy. It's certainly better to deal with than the Tokarev.

I planned on taking more pictures but my phone poo poo itself and I only managed to pull these off the cloud. Maybe some other day! All serialized parts match.

It's spectacularly comfortable and natural to hold and aim, and I can't wait to take it to the range.

CmdrSmirnoff fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Aug 16, 2020

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Does England count since they brexited and all?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK

Hair Elf

stealie72 posted:

There’s more to Europe than the EU!

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

stealie72 posted:

We’re not allowed anything that’s fun. Handguns have to have a bloody great fake silencer and a stupid wire stock to make them long enough to be legal and it makes them look ridiculous.

Shotguns are the least hassle to own but even then you can only have a mag size of 3 without a firearms certificate.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

I've got a couple BSA rifles. But I can't make the imgur app behave. Lame.

Proper Kerni ng
Nov 14, 2011

Open it in a browser and use uBlock Origin to kill all the lovely ads.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Did someone say euro guns?

How about a Czech Olympic free pistol?

I love my little weird single shot 22.

Liam Acerbus
Sep 17, 2007

That looks fun. Speaking of Euro .22 pistols,

secret agent mode activated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KNyW5xCLaM

Marvin K. Mooney
Jan 2, 2008

poop ship
destroyer

McTinkerson posted:

Did someone say euro guns?

How about a Czech Olympic free pistol?

I love my little weird single shot 22.

Holy poo poo this is sick. What in the world is this

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Marvin K. Mooney posted:

Holy poo poo this is sick. What in the world is this

It is a Drulov Model 70. Czechoslovakian Olympic free pistol. The box thread from when I bought it is deep within the archives now. I also haven't had much time to actually practice using it for it's intended purpose. That combined with still not having a lot of free time and I doubt I could even muster a thread on the sport and it's pistols, let alone this specific one.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

I don’t have anything interesting or weird, so have some “made in” stamps.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Just bought a Beretta 1951 because it looked neat, lol

Will post pics tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TACTICAL SANDALS
Nov 6, 2009

click clack POW, officer down

my kinda ape posted:

Benelli B76 9mm from Italy. A beautiful fixed barrel service pistol from a company known almost entirely for making shotguns. Has a very cool inertia locked action.

Can confirm, the Benellis are nice as hell. My B76 and B80 (.30 Luger)