Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Lagarto

Lagarto is fairly bouncing with excitement as their small group enters Sandpoint proper, staring wide-eyed at the various stalls and decorations with evident delight. "This is so exciting!" They said, their voice shockingly low and guttural from the small elven frame. "I've never been to a festival before. My... mother always thought it too dangerous."

Zore fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Aug 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Lagarto

Lagarto's face turns fairly serious for a moment. "We should try to see if there is anything wrong around, something that could be the spark for the event. Finding an inn and meeting people would be a good way to get information." They look up at Bastion. "I'll go with you, I fear people may think me a child if I am alone."

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Lagarto

"D'ya think the inn is maybe run by one of our coworkers? And the name is a way to hide in plain sight?" Lagarto is fairly bouncing as they walk with the group, keeping up a steady commentary on their stream of consciousness.

"That would be amazing! It would be a perfect way to fit in while also cluing others in on the secret, this town seems to have a penchant for naming things after various creatures. I think that perhaps they get it from the tradition of..." They continued, keeping up a constant flow of random tidbits and observations.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Lagarto

Lagarto moves over toward the help wanted sign to read more along with some of the other patrons, listening intently and trying to soak in everything about the Rusty Dragon.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Lagarto

Lagarto's eyes go wide at the description of the games and they begin bouncing on the balls of their feet. "That sounds amazing! Your town seems have a number of local games with highly regionalized names. I definitely want to learn all about them and the rules they have." Noting what appears to be a trace of dismay flicker across the innkeeper's features, Lagarto continues, "Do you know someone in town who might know the origin of some of them? Or failing that, someone who can teach me the rules." They give a broad, winsome smile.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Lagarto

Lagarto walks down the buffet, piling their plate high with anything that looked interesting. "You always have to try any new food you can, you never know what you'll like. And honestly I can't be too picky, I have to eat kind of a lot."

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Lagarto

Lagarto peers through the crowd, more than a little annoyed that their short stature meant the view was blocked by all manner of people. "You think we should stay near the action or look for weird things in alleys and such?" Lagarto asks, their mind racing back to the series of popular pulp novels they loved.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Lagarto

"I want to see the games too! I've read about so many fascinating games in books, though I was rarely able to play them with the locals in the times I went out to play. There is apparently a game that tests dexterity known as..." Lagarto chatters excitedly as they attempt to recount everything they ever learned about obscure games as they follow Gentle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Lagarto

"I want to pick one too!" Lagarto says excitedly as they dig out a copper from their bag and fling it at the racekeeper with entirely too much accidental force. Lagarto points excitedly at one painted a sort of rusty red, "Everyone knows the red ones go faster."