Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stack Machine
Mar 6, 2016

I can see through time!
Fun Shoe

Cockashocka posted:

Getting an emulator
Macintosh emulators I'm aware of are Basilisk II for 680000 Macintosh emulation and Sheep Shaver for Power PC Macintosh emulation. Keep in mind, you need Macintosh ROM files and OS installation disc images for these emulators, how you obtain those are up to you. These emulators are open source and can work on modern Mac OSX, Windows and Linux, so whatever OS you use, you can have fun with the vast array of Mac games out there.

For emulation of classic 68000-based B&W macs, I suggest mini-vmac. In my limited experience playing one in-development game on Linux it has been much smoother than Basilisk II pretending to be an SE/30 or classic II.

https://www.gryphel.com/c/minivmac/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stack Machine
Mar 6, 2016

I can see through time!
Fun Shoe
The Colony was super rad for what it was. It's kind of tedious as a game, and the 1-second sample from Holst's Mars in the intro is just grating if you aren't in the mindset that any sampled music at all is super high tech gee whiz stuff, but the simplistic 3D wireframe art style looks very nice even today, and like so many games of its day it was a titillating hint at what would soon be possible.