Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Scarab of RA !

When I was a kid I never quite understood the idea behind a "roguelike" and getting as far as you could. I was disappointed that there was no "end".

Edit: I just remembered Spaceward Ho!
So many games that you basically couldn't ever play multiplayer unless you were on the weird early Mac internet.
Luckily, I just so happened to catch a minor Bolo renaissance in the early 00s at university.

~Coxy fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Aug 13, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Item Getter posted:

Not really related to games, but anyone else remember MacAddict CDs and their surprisingly great music?

Warning: very boring Internet Anecdote ahead.

My exact username comes from my nick on the MacAddict Forums in the late 90s.
On that ancient version of BB software you didn't need to register, you could post unregistered and even choose a nick to apply to your posts.
But for some reason people would get annoyed at unregistered regulars and so would sign up an account with that name so you couldn't post unregistered with it anymore.
So I had to finally register an account and also had to add the ~ to get a unique nick.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Probably Bugdom, a fairly bad 3D platformer/collectathon.
The developers made a bunch of middling 3D titles that were mostly given away free with the purchase of a Macintosh of that era.