Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I owned Aerospace and realized that even the pool table in our basement that I'd converted to LOS miniature fighting wasn't gonna suffice for that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
It really should have been a computer game, but as stated above the audience was only a very few grognards

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Big Beef City posted:

I owned Aerospace and realized that even the pool table in our basement that I'd converted to LOS miniature fighting wasn't gonna suffice for that poo poo.

I’ve been wondering how many people play Aerospace, or do it as anything but Battletech (i.e. ground attack related) stuff. Not entirely sure what the tactics/strategy is for it; Battletech you have things like “speed is life” and such, not sure what you do in Aerospace.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Fighters have hit penalties depending on the angle, so you want to get in behind your target and make sure anyone shooting at you is doing so from the side. Everything's assumed to be going super loving fast so TMM isn't a thing, and instead you get a -2 for shooting at things that are NOT moving. They also don't take a TN penalty for moving at safe thrust (the analog for walking), unlike vehicles, only if you go over it.

Also if you're in space, rather than having X MP so you can move X hexes, you spend MP to increase your velocity in a direction. Every turn you HAVE to travel that far and if you want to decrease it, you have to flip and burn the other way. So movement works very differently and requires a different kind of forethought. Also, unlike land-based units, a lot of capital-scale weapons take penalties against fighters, so you can really exploit this against certain WarShip classes.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Space Danny Trejo?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Jacob Cameron, the sketchiest Cameron. They really stuck to the original art on that dude.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

You can't improve on perfection

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

ThingOne posted:

You can't improve on perfection

This guy's got a real energy to him. He feels like he should be managing a tag team in 1980s WWF

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Lmao

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Defiance Industries posted:

This guy's got a real energy to him. He feels like he should be managing a tag team in 1980s WWF

That's because it's Sergeant Slaughter with a mullet.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Holy poo poo it totally is. I'm adding that to my collected list of people BT artists have traced.

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS

PoptartsNinja posted:

That's because it's Sergeant Slaughter with a mullet.

jimmy 'mouth of the southern cross' hart

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

Posted this in one of the StarShitizen threads on an off-shoot about old game manuals. Does anyone have the manual for MW1 or MW3? I remember MW3 being "slim" on fluff and while I have the old keyboard layout cardboard reference, I don't know what happened to the manual or if there was even one.

The BT game manuals have some unique art in the form of margin notes like the previous owners had scribbled tips and tricks along the edges. In the MW4 manual, the new 'Mechs made for the game had their pages entirely made out in that style. I suspect their in-game models weren't complete in time for the printing of the physical book ahead of distribution. All of the "classic" 'Mechs in the manual use in-game images.

MechWarrior 2 Manual

MechCommander Maunal - 'Mech recognition guide in this one was printed on full color on glossy paper.

MechCommander Maunal - My old notes, nearly 200 pages in

MechWarrior 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Not the physical one, but here you go.

https://archive.org/details/MechWarrior_3_-_Manual_-_PC