Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
https://twitter.com/strombone1/status/1306090826611806211?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1306285690393710597

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Kyle Clifford apparently testing free agency.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Kyle Clifford apparently testing free agency.

Related news: Kyle Clifford sends memo to all NHL teams informing them he hasn't retired yet.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/status/1306344765508784130

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

hope that means he's gotten sober! or at least functional

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/1306347400907362304

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1306348080057516043

Kilza fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Sep 16, 2020

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

gently caress the Blues, but thank you Blues. I am genuinely relieved to see Monty back at it so quickly.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/1306349080411615232

:lol:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I don't get this for Minny. Even at age 36 Staal, should be better than MoJo

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
Weird trade all around

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I’m actually feeling pretty good about this Staal trade. Mojo was supposed to play C with Skinner but was not really working out. I’m convinced the entire point of this trade was to help Skinner play better by getting a veteran center who played with Skinner for years and years. He’s 36 but he had 44p in 66 games last season which is still impressive. His contract costs a million less than Mojo’s and if there’s only one year left on it that’s fairly low risk.

This... was a good move?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I want to hear from Sabres fans still bitter about 2006.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

eXXon posted:

I want to hear from Sabres fans still bitter about 2006.

Yeah we definitely still are but also having Staal and Skinner kinda rules so :shrug:

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
this is a god awful trade for minnesota lmao

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Edmundson 4 years, 3.5 AAV

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/reporterchris/status/1306358977790312448

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

fire bergevin

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015
It'd be funny if Staal retired rather than play in Buffalo and brought the Sabres down to 3 forwards under contract.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

He's, like, bottom 5 D in the league, isn't he?

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

yes

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

:yooge: IT'S A BAD DEAL! WE GOT A BAD DEAL! :yooge:

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

yellowcar posted:

fire bergevin

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1306376850206265349

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Lols all around I think. Minny building a team of some kind. gently caress if I know what. But something. Buffalol. Same for Montreal. Congrats on your not Jack Johnson jack johnson.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Shinjobi posted:

gently caress the Blues, but thank you Blues. I am genuinely relieved to see Monty back at it so quickly.

apparently he moved in with his mom's family (he met her when he played with the Blues), started seeing a therapist, and coached his son's AAA team to get his mind right. good to see that he's back.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

yellowcar posted:

:yooge: IT'S A BAD DEAL! WE GOT A BAD DEAL! :yooge:

Can't be worse than Emelin

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Minnesota seems destined to be a mediocre team forever

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

The Dirty Burger posted:

Minnesota seems destined to be a mediocre team forever

Marcus Johansson is their dream acquisition. You don't really know much about him but he seemed sorta alright from what you can remember.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Troy Queef posted:

apparently he moved in with his mom's family (he met her when he played with the Blues), started seeing a therapist, and coached his son's AAA team to get his mind right. good to see that he's back.

Awesome. Alcoholism is a fight that never really ends, so while I'm not arguing against his firing I also wanted him back working as soon as he felt he could hack it.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

ThinkTank posted:

Marcus Johansson is their dream acquisition. You don't really know much about him but he seemed sorta alright from what you can remember.

You’re right, looked it up and MoJo is Minnesotas 1C

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/1306400443396952064

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

stab posted:

Can't be worse than Emelin

no but he's gone now

also they already have two edmunsons: chiarot who is marginally better and alzner (lol)

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
So who's worse at evaluating D - Benning or Bergevin?

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

yes

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
Remember when Vegas took Montreal and Vancouver's worst defencemen in the expansion draft?

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Apparently Libor Hajek let it slip in an interview with a Czech sports magazine that Lundqvist is done with the Rangers. He says that after the last Carolina game, Henrik said his goodbyes to the team and told them he wouldn't be back next year. The beat writers have been saying for a while that it was like a 95% certainty that he would be bought out, but I always hoped in the back of my head that idiots like Brooks and Carp were wrong and just trying to sound "in the know".

Really sucks that he was never able to get the Cup with the Rangers, but I hope some competing team picks him up cheap to be their 1B so he can have one more shot at it.

OldSenileGuy fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Sep 17, 2020

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

OldSenileGuy posted:

Apparently Libor Hajek let it slip in an interview with a Czech sports magazine that Lundqvist is done with the Rangers. He says that after the last Carolina game, Henrik said his goodbyes to the team and told them he wouldn't be back next year. The beat writers have been saying for a while that it was like a 95% certainty that he would be bought out, but I always hoped in the back of my head that idiots like Brooks and Carp were wrong and just trying to sound "in the know".

Really sucks that he was never able to get the Cup with the Rangers, but I hope some competing team picks him up cheap to be their 1B so he can have one more shot at it.

I know that the media around Colorado seems to have been beating the drum for the Avalanche to sign Lundqvist as a 1B.

I expect he will land pretty well on a real contender :)

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Remember when Vegas took Montreal and Vancouver's worst defencemen in the expansion draft?

that was cool

seattle should do it too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Starsfan posted:

I know that the media around Colorado seems to have been beating the drum for the Avalanche to sign Lundqvist as a 1B.

I expect he will land pretty well on a real contender :)

Wherever he goes I’ll be rooting for him...unless it the islanders/Flyers. That will hurt too much.