Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Chad Sexington posted:

Just glad the Caps dodged that bullet.

Listen. I hate your team, but you have to admit it would have been hysterical the first time Babs tried his poo poo in the locker room and Ovechkin broke him in half.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is Babcock a tea drinker? That's Ovechkin's usual method.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

My other half is here to post now

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/StapeAthletic/status/1306804827054317569

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Lots and lots of drugs?
Why is that surprising

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
Patrik Laine is #1 on The Athletic's trade bait board. Do not like.

The Selanne trade from Winnipeg still brings up much pain in Jets fans.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I'm glad the Isles finally lost because I don't think I could have possibly stood to read another fawning, slobbering piece about the unrecognized, underrated genius of Lou "Anti-Facial" Lamoriello.

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

I don't get trading Patrik Laine at all. Like not even the tiniest of reasons i can think of unless it's some usual nebulous attitude thing.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Carver posted:

I don't get trading Patrik Laine at all. Like not even the tiniest of reasons i can think of unless it's some usual nebulous attitude thing.

Winnipeg is willingly keeping Paul Maurice around. They are not a smartly run team with good asset management.

e: Paul Maurice is the definition of mediocre coach. Im honestly surprised Minnesota hasnt moved heaven and earth to hire him.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

grassy gnoll posted:

Listen. I hate your team, but you have to admit it would have been hysterical the first time Babs tried his poo poo in the locker room and Ovechkin broke him in half.

Ovechkin would’ve just hosed off to Russia for the KHL and probably taken Backstrom and Kuzy with him.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Babcock's a dictator, I think Ovechkin would feel right at home.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
I hate bergevin. Just wanted to say

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I'd kind of forgotten just how brutal the micahcharts are to Laine

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/Sportsnet/status/1306974057938599936

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Guerin with the patented “tear down with no plan to rebuild” strategy

Gonna be so weird when Koivu signs a league-min contract to be the 4th line centre for... *throws dart* Montreal?!?!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Old-man Minnesota defensive center on a cup hunt?
That sounds like a JR signing if there ever was one.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Koopa Kid posted:

Gonna be so weird when Koivu signs a league-min contract to be the 4th line centre for... *throws dart* Montreal?!?!

The oilers need a bottom 6 centre very much and he's very much a Ken Holland will overpay this guy kinda guy.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Man, Mikko Koivu was so good. It's too bad athletes have to get old.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Koopa Kid posted:

Unretire 11 and make him wear it.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Koopa Kid posted:

Not gonna lie i'd be very down with this.

Also, 11 isn't retired so have at it Mikko.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Oh wait yeah, I forgot Brendan Gallagher exists and wears it.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/Senators/status/1306986514837053440

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

And with it passes the third to last remaining reebok edge template abomination in the NHL (unless I miscounted)

Caps and Jackets get the gently caress on it

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

About fuckin time, can’t wait to see Stützle slap on the black jersey at the draft

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/thegoldenmuzzy/status/1306795077000466433?s=19

ow

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

And with it passes the third to last remaining reebok edge template abomination in the NHL (unless I miscounted)

I guess technically the Panthers jersey counts too, as we changed our design on the very last year of Reebok being the kit guys.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

drat that must have killed.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

MRLOLAST posted:

What if Hank ends up in Jersey.. shudders. Atleast he can't end up in Tampa with all the other sloppy seconds from the Rangers.
How are things in Buffalo? NYR and them have also had an exchange program for a long time. Not that they will compete for the cup I think.

Not great. Although apparently Carter Hutton was having some kind of weird eye issue that was impacting his sight which is why he was so inconsistent last season, like more than normal. Ullmark is a future #1 but tbh I’d rather have Hank than Hutton, too bad they could never afford it.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
I really don't like those original Sens jerseys, but they're not the RBKs anymore.

What am abomination those all were.

Edit, imagine:

Vs

LumpyGumby fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Sep 18, 2020

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Senators switching from one lovely logo that barely has anything to do with their team name back to the older one. :effort:

It's a real missed opportunity to make a logo of an angry dude in a toga and sandal skates about to blast a slapshot with giant fasces.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

The 'city-over-number' look like old basketball jerseys was the 2nd worst recent trend in hockey jerseys, just behind piping, and I'm glad it's largely dead and gone.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

eXXon posted:

It's a real missed opportunity to make a logo of an angry dude in a toga and sandal skates about to blast a slapshot with giant fasces.

Or a washed up CBC personality and/or astronaut getting a lifetime appointment on taxpayer dime to an irrelevant political entity!

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

LumpyGumby posted:

I really don't like those original Sens jerseys, but they're not the RBKs anymore.

What am abomination those all were.

Edit, imagine:

Vs

The Tampa black jersey owned, and so will seeing these again

E: seen this ex-players take today lmao
https://twitter.com/brandonprust8/status/1306747610275999744?s=21

The Dirty Burger fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Sep 18, 2020

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

LumpyGumby posted:

Edit, imagine:

Vs

The DALLAS number jersey vs.

(I actually liked this one except for the BOLTS text.)

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

jesus christ :stare:

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

DJExile posted:

The 'city-over-number' look like old basketball jerseys was the 2nd worst recent trend in hockey jerseys, just behind piping, and I'm glad it's largely dead and gone.

Replaced with the Numbers-on-shoulders-and-shoulder-patches-on-arms trend going now.
Looking at you, Florida and Edmonton.

Plus a trend of seeing jerseys go incredibly minimalistic, i.e. Tampa's all black, oilers all blue, etc.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Hey now the Caps Weagle is a work of art!

:argh:

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
The WEagle is a work of art and the perfect shoulder logo.
The Caps wordmark is eh. Their jersey sucks. Buncha lines that go nowhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Cartoon Man posted:

Hey now the Caps Weagle is a work of art!

:argh:

Red is now pretty synonymous with Washington but man I hope one day they bring back the angry eagle white jerseysfrom Ovie’s rookie seasons, so good