Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
gently caress Boston, but at least I was spared having to watch the game by having a terrible day otherwise!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The Caps will always be a failure of a team so long as they continue to be the Washington Capitals, a group of morons and goons freeloading on the effort of an enthusiastic supporter of Russian ethno-nationalism.

But also, they have one more Cup than the modern Leafs.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Well, that isn't working like it should. gently caress that link and gently caress Boston.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Buff was falling apart though, wasn't he?

I can see Rask escaping to Seattle for their expansion year, if he can swing it.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Poor Demko. He did so good, but he looks so crushed.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

It always brings a smile to my face to have the garbage legacy of the Thrashers inflicted on the city of Winnipeg.

The sickness will always be inside of you.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

eXXon posted:

But that's not what anyone reasonably interprets "prospective" as meaning, and it excludes older defensemen and goalies in particular.

In other news, the Canes dropped their AHL affiliate in Charlotte and swapped to the Chicago Wolves for some reason even though they're famously not accommodating to young prospects.

Well, this is bad and stupid.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Good for Laviolette for getting paid, I guess.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

eXXon posted:

Cody Ceci and Tyson Barrie vanishing into the ether is going to help.

I heard that Laviolette is actually a bad coach who got lucky a couple of times, which probably describes most NHL GMs and coaches but anyway!

Laviolette's a pretty good coach more often than not. He's not, oh, I dunno, John Hynes.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Chad Sexington posted:

Just glad the Caps dodged that bullet.

Listen. I hate your team, but you have to admit it would have been hysterical the first time Babs tried his poo poo in the locker room and Ovechkin broke him in half.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Josi and Draisaitl were the right call, and while I have no strong feelings about Hellebuyck or Makar, it is extremely important that Rask didn't win the Veznia.

Please note this has nothing to do with Rask's decision to leave during the playoffs, which is the first correct thing he's done in his life, and everything to do with him being a Bruin and how he kicks the goal off its posts any time he's in danger.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

clean ayers act posted:

I like that espn article teased players opening up about sex in the bubble when the takeaway was "no one's getting any"

I mean, hockey's Not Gay, right? There's a certificate and everything.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

While I would like to think Rutherford has gone completely around the bend, I have this nagging sensation he's working some occult ritual to trade Johnson for McDavid, with Edmonton retaining salary or something equally monstrous.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Vegas must be worried about Arizona, if they're trying to shake Phil with all that mustard.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I mean, I guess I'm not opposed to Nashville rebuilding at this point, but that's not going to help the whole Hynes problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Bregor posted:

Is it rebuilding though? I think they're just cutting dead weight to sign some actual skilled forwards.

What is a "for-wards?" Some kind of new D-man or goalie style?