Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Flocons de Jambon posted:

If junior hockey is disrupted are 2021 draft picks worth less? Like, say the season gets wiped out by a coronavirus resurgence in the winter, is there any reason to value a 20th overall pick more than an 80th overall pick if we've only had 2/3rd out of 2 possible seasons to evaluate players?
Their might be a little less value but it's not going to be 20th to 80th

The Dirty Burger posted:

Bob was saying on TSN Radio today that the Kings might be leaning towards Stützle at 2nd overall. If Ottawa can come out of the draft with a blue chip, 6’4 centre prospect in Byfield and grab a super high ceiling player like Lucas Raymond at 5, this could be the best draft haul in their history.
I mean given their picks that should be the expectation. It also seems like Ottawa prefers Stutzle themselves, for whatever that's worth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Where are they getting that number from?

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
The expensive versions of the EA games have better covers, although they still kind of suck.

Back in the early 2000's there were like 6 NHL games out a year and so you often got some real questionable cover athletes

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
It's not a similar move but still lolling at the Blackhawks bringing back Saad at the expense of Panarin

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Steve Pomper

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

grack posted:

How in the hell did Nick Bjugstad get that contract
He had some decent seasons and was still young, while also being tall.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Kilza posted:

Teubert sucked, but the Oilers did get the 19th overall pick (Oscar Klefbom) out of that deal where they sent Dustin Penner to the Kings, so at least it wasn't all bad.
Now the Griffin Reinhart trade, that's just classic Oilers.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

BitBasher posted:

So DeBoer coaches another team that shits the bed on the road for the cup.

Shocking that! It seems to be entirely on brand for him.
Isn't that just saying he didn't win the Cup?

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Hiring a designer would just make it worse

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Good.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Pretty surprised at Josi winning, although I think he's the better choice.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Caps had Ovechkin/Fedorov/Theodore at one point

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Why on earth would they care about "burning a bridge" on a 34 year old ok-ish player who could have activated his NTC

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Still good for Detroit, not all of these cap dumps are going to return a 1st.

eXXon posted:

I don't understand why Staal agreed to that with a full NMC and also why it only cost a 2nd when Marleau cost a 1st (gently caress you Dubas!).
Gets a better shot at ice time, which I don't think he would have a shot at on most teams

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
I really wish the Senators just gave up on Ceci, rather than compounding their mistake with Zaitsev.

Kind of funny that the Leafs had to do that weird defense of Ceci saying he's secretly really good in ways that no one can understand. Why bother with that

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Koth posted:

Sounds more like Yakupov is the one who got owned.
He was drafted 1st overall, the highest position one can be drafted

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
It's me, fondly remembering the HF Lightning fans who thought they should ditch Stamkos and run the entire team through Tyler Johnson, the next Martin St Louis but better.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Misanthrope posted:

https://twitter.com/FullPressNHL/status/1313974202614112263

So Duclair got his feelings hurt and told Ottawa to shove the QO where the sun don't shine I assume?
The famously cheap team that alienates every player up for money did not make the qualifying offer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Duclair faded fast after being on near 40 goal pace but his QO was still really cheap and they have next to no one on roster now.