Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silmerias
Aug 19, 2020

Space overlord of an awful French community. You can have my couch in Deklein everyday.
Internal conclusion announcement of these few days of 'beta' testing from the french goon related organization (FrogSwarm) :
---------------------------------------------
As we thought month ago when they announced it, Dual Universe is definitely not a Beta, but an Alpha in disguise for cash grab since they have a very tight budget and have now 2 studios to milk. You even can see in the login page they have still core system to implement... We will deplore a lot of problems in terms of :
- stability
- database design
- backend design
- infrastructure
- OCS
- eve skills worst design
- some unfriendly game design

When they stop the server, the user database is also unreachable, like wtf, leaving in the mouth an aftertaste of amateurism right now. We will have to let this project mature and give them time, for the moment it clearly does not reach your game standard.

Until further notice: Dual Universe declared non-viable
Note: they are doing worse than Star Citizen, loving good achievement!

On the other hand open to test so don't hesitate to get started in the gameplay "wait for the server to reboot because 2 hours of maintenance 4 times a day" you'll see it's super fun :psyboom:

More seriously, some of our industry enthusiasts are testing the production / factory / how to make money101 mechanics. So join them if you have access or beta key. FYI, we will distribute beta keys when we can do it on an already existing account, because yes you understand, our friends at NQ just didn't thought that we would eventually want to give beta keys to existing accounts. 'not having backed yet'... So it currently works only with the creation of a new account with the key ... Wait eh ... Amat .. what did he say? Anyway... :ughh:
---------------------------------------------

That said, the game is promising. However we have some concerns about PvP. Atm even with the most unsafe systems you can only fight a 500km above the surface and not even on the planet. Clearly everything is too early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silmerias
Aug 19, 2020

Space overlord of an awful French community. You can have my couch in Deklein everyday.

Nalin posted:

Silmerias has been around for many years. I have no idea why he has an Aug 2020 account. But his criticisms of the game are valid (although the stability concerns are largely resolved as of now). The game honestly needs a lot more work before it is anything but a fancy building sandbox.

Pretty simple, because from 2006 to 2010 as T C F alliance leader I was not a goon but a French ally. I always had hesitations to join SA because I felt illegitimate since I'm French and not a former goon. I also didn't knew if we were going to stay close friends as we were in Eve-O and / or play together. Then we met again for Star Citizen and became allied, same in Albion Online and finally again in Eve Echoes. Before answering to the Horn of Goondor in Eve-O, Eve Echoes goons finally convinced me (under heavy torture) after so many years to create an SA account. So I did it, this is the reason of this 2020 account. So yeah, you guys have the right to call me J4G and spy, I deserve it since I should have created it years ago.

Silmerias
Aug 19, 2020

At least the most rated feature is usable !

Silmerias
Aug 19, 2020

FireWhizzle posted:

Silmerias I think you gave someone a stroke :yarg:

Working as intended !

Silmerias fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Sep 29, 2020

Silmerias
Aug 19, 2020