Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I was interested in trying this but gently caress them for charging a sub for beta. Am I reading that correctly? If you don't buy one of their early access packages they will charge a monthly fee for you helping them test their game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I'll have a beta key (or two?) available if anyone wants to try it. I got the sponsor pack, it's not clear if my own key is counted among the two. Happy to play with goons too!

I’ll take one if no one else pipes up. If someone asks for it because they can’t afford it or whatever I’d rather it go to them though.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I'm not saying not to join Tempus' Discord but please keep in mind he likes use bots to keylog whatever you do on his servers.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Sent! In theory I've sent out three invites, though I get no confirmation on my end when I click the button so who knows.

Haven't received anything yet. I'll let you know if I do so you know to look out for confirmation.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I received my invite about 15 minutes ago. When I get to my PC I’ll accept it and see what happens.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

So I guess I’m signed up. I’m downloading the game. The first time I tried to sign up it said my display name was invalid even though the checkmark popped up in the text field saying it is good. So I then tried a completely different name which gave a server error.

I then received an email to verify my account. I clicked on it which opened up to my account page. The first display name I tried to use was in the header with a random number appended to the end and the second one I tried was in the body of the web page.

I know web devs and game devs are totally different people but the quality of web devs they are using scares me on their hiring of game devs.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I just had my guy standing at the Matrix hive pods and this happened. Wasn't ingame for more than 5 seconds. Quite rude.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Yeah, I figure it was being first day and all having server issues. Just thought it was funny with the disconnected by an admin message. Like an admin noticed me logging in and was like "aww hell no".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

They just sent an email of a data breach. Not like a hacker data breach but when creating an account some people were then logged into totally different accounts, not their own. The devs claim users only had access to first and last names with their email addresses of the breached account but still.

Remember how I said their web devs suck? I can’t wait to see what happens next.

Edit: Here is the instructions they sent with the email for changing your password.

What you need to do
Our changes were to secure your account. However, it means you won't be able to login before changing your password via this link: https://www.dualuniverse.game/forgot-password

- Enter your email address and click on "Send Link".
- You will get an email within a minute or two.

- Click on the "Reset Password" button in this email.

- Fill in your new password and click on "Update Password".

- In rare cases, you may get an error message with an "undefined error". In this case, just ignore it and head over to your mailbox again.

- You should get an email confirming the change was successful within a minute or two.

- If not, please contact support at https://support.dualthegame.com/

Don't worry if you can't do this process right now: nobody will be able to use your password in the meantime.

jabro fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Aug 31, 2020