Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Highlander 2 is the kind of sequel that feels like it was made by people who not only did not understand the appeal of the original, they actively hated it. It is Spider-man: Turn Off the Dark with less actor limb destruction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Also he isn't spanish, he's egyptian.

Now its choose your own adventure time

1) Theatrical Cut: And he isn't egyptian, hes a space alien from another world
2) Home Cut: And he isn't egyptian, hes from an even older civilization

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The clock from the beginning of Wicked which instead of a cuckoo bird or marching band contains a teeny tiny animatronic of a dude with a dick butt railing a mother and daughter at the same time.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The gems created by a perpetual lightning storm collecting robots in Sable are not lightning insulated

Barudak
May 7, 2007

In Tales of Arise a space faring civilization that lives in an artificial moon hovering over their homeworld Have never visited their homeworlds surface, seen pictures of it, or wondered why nothing except a series of emails telling them what to do comes from that planet

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I would have also accepted Eureka 7, a plot where nobody but the bad guys realize that the giant living coral that their world is built on is living.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

O'Brian probably makes clones and guns them down on the regular just to relieve stress

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I sleep better at night thinking that those explosions are the results of the surge protectors working. The enemy primarily fights with energy based weaponry, so I assume each shot probably wrecks the internal circuitry and sometimes the pathing leads to a command console. You can't build a powerful enough surge resistor (at that era in starfleet history) to completely tamp out the flow, but you can install one that prevents it from killing the operator.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Megillah Gorilla posted:

This page has reminded me why I checked out of Star Wars so hard for most of the past 30 years.

Goddamn, it was a shameful time to be a fan.

Was? The disney verse is speedrunning all the bad EU decisions they blew up

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Disney teaches the way of the knife, to cut it off and say it's complete because it ended here.

Funny, Children of Dune taught me that

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I simply cannot get enough of droids. Especially the ones that do like, maybe exactly one thing and are still sentient for some reason.

There are furious online debates over whether having a single function droid is wasteful or if people who think a less specialized model just don't do that task enough

The thread is immediately closed when someone asks if they should give their droid treats for a job well done

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

And even then he's kinda awful as a translator, constantly freaking out and incapable of determining any nuance or tact.

Im willing to accept that his ability to interface with mass produced junk and be astonishingly bad at his job may be tied to being kludged together from discarded parts and he may not be eligible for a manufacturers warranty.

Edit: Well you see Padme I had to use the parts I had which were mostly old Serial THX-1138 adaptors the pit droids used which, unfortunately, have a way lower bandwith than what a protocol droid needs for nuance interpretation. Funny side effect though was those things were so doggone cheap and mass produced it was the same socket the droid armies used to keep costs down so hes compatible with basically their whole army.

Now, want to see me make him run Doom? <c-3p0 begins to hum E1M1 At Doom's Gate>

Barudak fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Jan 24, 2022

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Power Levels map pretty well to Scoville Units so just, mentally replace "its over 9,000" with "he's ordering medium spicy!!!!"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Presto posted:

Palpatine also mentioned them when he told Anakin that Darth Plagueis or whothefuckever knew how to magic babies into existence.

Given that Palpatine later is like "I am loving cackling over here that you believed that poo poo" its not inconceivable he says that specifically to target Anakin.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

indigi posted:

that would be really stupid

Which is why its exactly what you're going to get

Barudak
May 7, 2007

banned from Starbucks posted:

I have working legs why do I need to add wheelchair ramps and elevators to this building?

Because apparently you like wasting money. What do I look like Darth Vestments? No, now loving finish that thing on time and at the budget I set.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Arnold can reprise his role as Dutch and beat a Predator to death at the end with a snow shovel to save Kevin.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I remember they canceled a show I liked for firefly so I was already mad, and then I watched an episode and at random due to school pressure and it made me think "hey this is like lovely outlaw star" (I think it was finding a magic girl in a box?) and then never watching it again.

And I will never watch something "until it gets good" because if that isn't the first moment, what the hell.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Horny thats fine: In the future, all adults wear erotic french maid outfits because, I, the author happen to like erotic french maid outfits.

Not acceptable: By passing near the black hole gravities time dilating effects mean that actually

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Someone has already written a book where the ultimate weapon is powered by loving and I plan to do zero research but feel content knowing that it unquestionably exists.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lightsaber instead of Lucentblade, loving GEORGE!!!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

There's all that behind the scenes footage of Lucas during the filming of the prequels where he keeps calling them "laser swords."

I know, thats the best part of this. George knew both how to sell something and how stupid this bullshit was.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Xiahou Dun posted:

Yeah but he also called the music "jizz" so I don't know if he's some kind of genius.

We all know the name of the music, while I can't tell you gently caress all about Pandora.

Intentional or not, Jazz music is named that because it came from Jasm and Jass which were considered filthy words so whites cleaned it up to Jazz when they started playing it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Somewhere on Coruscant some human music producer is about to make his career when he imports some hot new alien sounds but calls it "Jiss" music

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I think the biggest bummer about Avatar is they hired an ethnomusicologist and a fantastic composer, told them the rules of pandora, had them invent fake instruments and sound and the planets unique music theory to craft all the music in and only when it was all done after years of work James Cameron listened to it and said "This is poo poo, I told you a bad idea. Just make regular earth music"

Its also why James Cameron is rich as gently caress

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Megillah Gorilla posted:

is that it was white saviour trash.

I never expected that to be any different so that wasn't a dissapointment.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I expected something better than "Convince the natives to all get in a straight line and run directly towards the enemy machine guns."

Zapp Brannigan bullshit in a $250million movie.

I barely recall anything about the film but wasn't it like "oh and the native animals are tougher than steel the whole time" so their uprising was basically "ok, what if you pointed your spears at the humans???"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Everyone thought that guy was cool because he was always acting tough, but like, no, that guy sucked because the movie constantly had him acting tough and that was his only trait.

Its a weird thing where it feels like that was the point, he talked mad poo poo then got hit with nothing to back it up but I think the film thought you thought he was badass instead of a primadonna.