Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

IN THE GRIM DARKNESS OF THE FAR FUTURE THERE IS ONLY- WAIT SHIT IS THAT A SKELETON?

Big Beef City posted:

unless you have a medical reason not to eat something you are a stupid, callous gently caress for being a picky eater and I hope you're hit by a god drat bus

Is "the food tastes like poo poo from a toilet" a medical reason?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

IN THE GRIM DARKNESS OF THE FAR FUTURE THERE IS ONLY- WAIT SHIT IS THAT A SKELETON?

Cyril Sneer posted:

- people who order cheese pizza

I don't eat it exclusively but two or three times a year I get a big hankering for a plain cheese pizza with extra cheese. Sometimes its good to have something simple (that will also stop me from making GBS threads for a week)

Do it ironically posted:

The only reason to not be vegan is you're a selfish person who doesn't care about reducing suffering while saving the planet for future generations

Not sure what category that puts me in OP I'll let you decide

Who What Now fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Aug 11, 2020

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

I don't like plain yogurt or yogurt with just some fruit in it. But I think it's slowly growing on me, because I keep thinking about eating it but then hate it when I do. I used to be the same about mustard. Then I had to scrape it off some burgers that got my order wrong and I'd think "well I wouldn't ask for this but it's not the worst thing ever" and that eventually led to putting on mustard myself but only a tiny bit for a hint of mustard flavor, to now enjoying multiple different kinds of mustard in normal amounts. My palate (slowly) grew because I kept trying it. I don't know why people can't even do that.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

Barudak posted:

Local people like McDonald's too...

I judge people who say they are vegetarians but then reveal they eat seafood. 4 people is too many to meet doing this in one lifetime! Own up to the fact you think baby cows are cute and don't know what the gently caress sustainable fishing means instead of trying to moralize over people who eat eggs.

Same, but for everyone with special diets. No matter what you eat the amount of suffering of both humans and livestock is unchanged, especially if you interact with late-stage capitalism in any way, which we all must necessarily do.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

I think an important part of a relationship is food compatibility. For example, I don't like tomatoes or cucumbers in my salad so I give them to my wife. She doesn't like croutons so I'll take those. It's win win for the both of us.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

To be the most inferior type of food.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

Soup is just stew for sissies

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

Woden posted:

The reason you have to sear beef is because the outside can be covered in bacteria, for mince/ground meat/chicken the bacteria is all throughout the meat and that's why you have to cook it all the way through.

Also produce is literally covered in poo poo

E: what I'm saying all food is super gross and filled with disgusting stuff if you don't prepare it right

Who What Now fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Aug 13, 2020

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

The White Dragon posted:

people who don't care about bones in fish don't chew they just put it on some hot rice and swallow it whole. if it scratches in your throat just eat more hot rice

i learned this from my mom when i was four

Have you tried eating more hot rice?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

I made a meal kit yesterday that included "french-style potato salad" which consisted of oven roasted potatoes and carrots tossed in a mixture of rice vinegar, honey, olive oil, and garlic. The strong smell of vinegar made me gag and I was sure it was going to be absolutely disgusting. I had an urge to just throw it in the garbage. But it turned out to be delicious!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

Clockwerk posted:

Rice vinegar is grand. Mind sharing the recipe?

I think it was a six tablespoons of vinegar, two tablespoons of pure honey, two tablespoons of olive oil, and one clove of minced garlic, and a little bit of minced parsley and chives.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

Big Beef City posted:

Congratulations.

You just made German potato salad.

The recipe said it was french. I was lied to! Either way it was so much better than American potato salad, which is a crime against God.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

Hot sauces are the worst because nobody except for Tabasco and Frank's can just have normal names. Sometimes I'd like something a little extra spicy and flavorful to put in a chili or something but I'll be goddamned if I'm going to buy Dipshit Dave's Flaming Anal Disaster Sauce: Garlic Taint Explosion Flavor.

And if it does have a normal name it's usually just pureed ghost pepper concentrate or some poo poo. I just want some extra spice, not to have my mouth burn for the rest of the day.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

Defiance Industries posted:

Look at this guy who doesn't stock Crystal.

Is meth considered a food?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

teen witch posted:

I puked ice cream as a kid and i remember it being unusually painless and like “don’t mind me :puke:”.

Have we made a puke thread yet? I’m into this “our bodies our
selves” vibe in gibbis lately

I have a medical condition that causes me to vomit a lot and I can confirm that puking ice cream is marginally better than puking most other things. Chocolate milk is also relatively ok, but regular milk is extra nasty.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

Dont Touch ME posted:

Choosing is a sign of imbalanced humors.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

Mint chocolate is bad, but I wouldnt be upset. I'd just give it to someone who would enjoy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

Big Beef City posted:

It's a 'sign' they should buy 'virtually' any other kind of ice cream, agreed Wendy.

Anyone else hear a bus coming?